Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Roman  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2023 05:38:53(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Hello all,
I have a first version of the RM 800 with cast metal Tender and double spoon slider. How can I attach a ski style slider to the loc to make it work on studded track? With the spoons and tensioning piece removed, do I simply screw it into the frame with the existing loose but soldered plate in place or do I have to remove the plate and solder the ski slider to the contact wire? Thank you.
Roman
Offline mvd71  
#2 Posted : 04 March 2023 06:54:43(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
The RM800 did come with a single slider on the later production.if you can post a photo of the underside it will be much easier for us to confirm.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 04 March 2023 23:16:14(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Roman
The RM800 (BR24- like) had the same chassis as the RSM800 (electric) and the TM800 (steam loco.
I may be wrong of course but all the exact same chassis had the pickup spoons (later a slider) under the chassis (and not on the tender of the RM800).

Here is a picture of my RM800 , early 1951 or earlier model, with a spoon holder.
A standard Märklin slider 7185 and a standard Märklin slider screw is all what is needed also on the picture.
RM800 Underframe R.png

Notes: Märklin uses standard metric screews here a countersunk M2 x 4.6 mm
Here the RM800 tender under a FM800 / 3003 tender

RM800-3003 R.jpg

No slider in sight here. Likely a change by previous owner.

Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Roman  
#4 Posted : 05 March 2023 02:54:45(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Roman
The RM800 (BR24- like) had the same chassis as the RSM800 (electric) and the TM800 (steam loco.
I may be wrong of course but all the exact same chassis had the pickup spoons (later a slider) under the chassis (and not on the tender of the RM800).

Here is a picture of my RM800 , early 1951 or earlier model, with a spoon holder.
A standard Märklin slider 7185 and a standard Märklin slider screw is all what is needed also on the picture.
RM800 Underframe R.png

Cheers
Jean

Hello Jean,
That is exactly as mine. Thank you for the pictures and information. Before posting this thread, I did remove the original pick up as suggested and had a spare slider that I installed. I was certain to use one that the folded contacts would mate to the plate and didn't end up with the folds going into the square holes. Maybe I didn't have the loc correctly centered on the track as it emited a few sparks but ran fine again with the original spoons re-nstalled. I also left the rubber convex washer under the original screw that I will remove before continuing. Good to know that I was on the right track and will try that again. Hopefully, with better results.
Regards,
Roman