Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TEB007  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2023 05:04:50(UTC)
TEB007

United States   
I recently installed a Marklin 60985 decoder that is preloaded with steam engine sounds. Everything is great except the coal shoveling sound. It is very loud, overpowering the chuffing noise. I used my Mobile Station to turn that function off (f10), but it still plays. It seems to also be included within the Operating Sounds (f2 - chuffing). Is this normal? I wouldn't think both sounds should work with one function. Is this a defective decoder? I have a 60971 Programmer, but I'm leary about using it on this pre-programmed, shrink wrapped decoder...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEB007
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2023 14:33:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: TEB007 Go to Quoted Post
I recently installed a Marklin 60985 decoder that is preloaded with steam engine sounds. Everything is great except the coal shoveling sound. It is very loud, overpowering the chuffing noise. I used my Mobile Station to turn that function off (f10), but it still plays. It seems to also be included within the Operating Sounds (f2 - chuffing). Is this normal? I wouldn't think both sounds should work with one function. Is this a defective decoder? I have a 60971 Programmer, but I'm leary about using it on this pre-programmed, shrink wrapped decoder...

It will be included in the random sounds.

using the 60971 you should be able to turn down the volume on this sound.

If you are wary of doing so, then load the 60985 project into the programmer software and just play with the project, and investigate how it is set up. You don't need the programmer itself or the decoder to be attached to the PC to do this.

The programmer software can download the 60985 project as already loaded into the decoder from Marklin.

Offline einotuominen  
#3 Posted : 06 February 2023 15:21:31(UTC)
einotuominen

Finland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

using the 60971 you should be able to turn down the volume on this sound.

If you are wary of doing so, then load the 60985 project into the programmer software and just play with the project, and investigate how it is set up.

This is true. However in the program, the volumes do not change when you "prehear" them, so finding the correct volume setting is trial and error.

However, with sound projects you can download from Märklin server, the prototype sound levels are somewhat ok. For my liking at least. Though I have experience in only just a few of them.

BR,
-Eino

Online rhfil  
#4 Posted : 06 February 2023 15:28:26(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Your assumption is correct - the coal loading sound is included in the operating sound selection. It is possible to combine sounds into a mix replicating the operating sound but it is a bit of a task and I assume that the level of each sound can be adjusted but don't remember for certain.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil