Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mjborelli  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2023 02:44:06(UTC)
mjborelli

Hello,
I currently have 3 Marklin track loops. One that is suspended & is running a Marklin 3050 electric locomotive with working pantographs running under catenary wires.
This is driven by a Marklin analog transformer.

I have two more MaRKLIN C track loops each connected to a separate Marklin 60653 mobile station running a digital train on each of these loops. I have room to squeeze one more Marklin C track loop inbetween two Lionel O gauge loops. I'm not sure if it is possible to use one or both of my two Marklin 60653 digital stations to control all 4 loops. If so could you possibly provide a wiring schematic on how I could do this? Otherwise would I need to update my two mobile stations to Marklin CS2 or 3 station. I'm not sure how many loops a CS2 station can run and if it can be wired to 3 or 4 separate track loops. There seems to be quite a price difference between a used CS2 station (around $250 to $300) and a new CS3 station ($656).

Thanks for your advice/suggestions.
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 31 January 2023 03:20:47(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
First of all is your 3050 digital ?, I'm not sure the capacity of your mobule station how many locos it can carry, it depends on the power capacity, whatever loops you have you just combine them to one so long all locos are digital. all you need is 2 wires to be connected and this depends if you need any more extra wires to support the lenght of your layout power droppage., im sure there are other options available to you with an extra mobile station as a slave., there are enough members who have more knowledge than me to direct you into right way.
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 31 January 2023 09:08:40(UTC)
H0

The trackbox of the MS2 can handle 1.9 A track output. You can connect two MS2 to one trackbox and you can connect one trackbox to four loops.
In my experience, the power consumption of a single H0 train is usually between 0.1 A and 1.5 A. Therefore it is possible to run four trains from just one trackbox, provided the rooster does not include power-hungry trains.

It seems you have two trackboxes in use. It is possible to have four loops, where each pair of loops has it's own trackbox. With this setup there should be no track connection between the pairs of loops.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0