Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline applor  
#1 Posted : 06 January 2023 03:12:00(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Hi all,

Reynaulds have a number of old items often not available anywhere else and as such I am interested in ordering from him - however shipping to Australia is flat $60US ($100AU) which is very excessive, so I am offering a combined shipping order for anyone else in Australia who would like something from Reynaulds.
Once the order arrives I will repack and send out to individuals. Total shipping costs for all parties will be divided evenly so its fair and many here can vouch for me as a trustworthy member to facilitate.

If you are interested please post here or send me a PM.

Thanks.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by applor
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 06 January 2023 13:15:24(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
That's very thoughtful of you! They do have a lot! They bought out large collections in 2021, 22. They are still growing too. Adding a new building for layout comstruction and inventory. They are located in an old bank. The vault is used to keep expensive items. It can't be removed anyway. The second floor is an array of rooms used for office and storage.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline Mark5  
#3 Posted : 06 January 2023 19:37:49(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
I've had great service from them on the whole. Called on the phone about one order that they didn't ever get in from Marklin, can't really fault them for that and they were very helpful going over my list and explaining when the other things would be shipped. If you send an email asking to call you, they likely will, however email communication has been good too. They have a number of employees, so it's good to get people by name, so you know you have the same person looking at your order, if it is extensive.

Best to see what is on pre-order, backorder or out of stock, especially if you plan to ship for a group or club, so no one will wait too long as they wait for a backorder to arrive. Well packaged and I have no doubt of your items arriving safely down under. Let us know how it goes.
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 06 January 2023 21:15:36(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
FYI $60 to australia from the USA is actually cheap. Just thought i'd mention it.

If you go to usps.com to play around, you can see AU postage is HIGH!
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 08 January 2023 03:44:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Agreed, I would think $60 USD is about average these days for postage down under.
Offline applor  
#6 Posted : 08 January 2023 05:34:19(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Not for a just wagon or two - I would expect half that at least.

DHL packchen International can send from Germany to Australia within size limits and under 2kg for 18 euro.
https://www.dhl.de/en/pr...versenden/paeckchen.html

My dealer in Germany sends *any* size/weight package for 26 euro. Granted that's got to be less than what DHL charge him than all but it's also one of the reasons I shop there.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline KingMarklin  
#7 Posted : 19 January 2023 17:27:59(UTC)
KingMarklin

United States   

Reynaulds does have one of the best inventories of European Makes that I have seen in the U.S.A. and their service and shipping is outstanding. I often wait for their major sales, which happen a couple times a year, since they do seem to be priced on the higher side, even for the consignment items. But if your looking for something rare and they have it, I would say go for it. You won't be taking the risk you might have buying from Ebay.

uote=applor;655178]Hi all,

Reynaulds have a number of old items often not available anywhere else and as such I am interested in ordering from him - however shipping to Australia is flat $60US ($100AU) which is very excessive, so I am offering a combined shipping order for anyone else in Australia who would like something from Reynaulds.
Once the order arrives I will repack and send out to individuals. Total shipping costs for all parties will be divided evenly so its fair and many here can vouch for me as a trustworthy member to facilitate.

If you are interested please post here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by KingMarklin