Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline HO Collector  
#1 Posted : 05 December 2022 22:18:45(UTC)
HO Collector

United Kingdom   
Hi all.

We often read complaints about the poor service level of Marklin, so here is the other side of the coin.

In October I got my 39027 model, 2 weeks later the linkage rods sheared off. I have contacted the dealer in Germany and sent him photos, he discussed the situation with Marklin and it was decided that Marklin wants to have the model back with them rather than we try to repair it in the UK.
Few weeks pass and nothing was heard so I have called Marklin and was asked to send an email to the Service Department. The email was sent and few days later I had an email from Marklin with return delivery stickers for Parcel force and DHL as well as the custom’s form filled, all I had to do was to pack and take the model to my nearest depot, this was done early November.

Returning home after a week’s holiday in the sun I found a letter from Parcel Force that a box is waiting for, the model was inside, a turn around of about 4-5 weeks at no cost to me.

All I can say is Well Done Marklin and thank you.

Ben
thanks 19 users liked this useful post by HO Collector
Offline Bryan  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2022 20:56:09(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
Hi Ben

I have to totally agree with you with my dealings with Marklin Service. Marklin are the only model train manufacturer that are serious about servicing their products. Do any other model train manufactures actually do the same thing? Even with their spare parts, there is still available stock for the 1950's and 1960's, 60 years in the past. I do not know any manufacturer of any type that offers this type of service and backup.

The best advice with dealing with Marklin Service is very simple, just treat them with respect and all is well. I often see on this posting people raving on about poor quality Marklin and their servicing. Marklin must get a huge work load from all around the world and deal with it all, in time. Also it should be noted that they do have a lot of spares that are not listed or made available, however if a repair is sent to them, the item will be done. Some locos have been sent back with a request to keep the loco original with a FX decoder, and it came back with a new original decoder and leitterplate. The decoder is not available anywhere else, you cannot beat that.

We just recently sent back a 39491 Danish loco for warrantee to Marklin Service. To start with, this loco is really state of the art model train manufacture. So many of the small parts are made of metal now with this particular model, and DO NOT BREAK OFF. The quality was impressive. Made in China of course, importantly to Marklin specifications fully. I personally do not mind where it is made, just want quality and tradition that Marklin keeps enduring with. Once the Danish loco arrived at the factory, it was repaired and returned to Australia at no cost. What else do you want with a quality product.

So keep buying Marklin and support this great company, probably the most important point.

David
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bryan
Offline kimballthurlow  
#3 Posted : 06 December 2022 21:31:06(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
I can concur with the above.
I have not had to contact Märklin service for over 5 years, but I did often (service and advice) and their attention and responses were exemplary.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline HO Collector  
#4 Posted : 06 December 2022 23:12:00(UTC)
HO Collector

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bryan Go to Quoted Post
We just recently sent back a 39491 Danish loco for warrantee to Marklin Service. To start with, this loco is really state of the art model train manufacture

It is a nice model, hmmm, already got 3 in 3 months and another is on order. What will the Mrs. say?Confused Confused
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by HO Collector