Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline hennabm  
#1 Posted : 18 September 2022 14:54:35(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi

This is my first attempt at 2 rail and wiring up. I am trying to replicate the wiring given in the instructions to the 8589 circuit switch track. This looks to give automatic train control to two trains on the same track with a passing loop. This is what i hope to achieve.

The photo shows the instructions that came with it. What I can't see is how power is delivered to each of the isolated sections. I presume that I should wire up the isolated sections as per the instructions with the 89391 signal? Any guidance gratefully received.

IMG_1329.jpg

Many thanks
Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 18 September 2022 15:59:25(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: hennabm Go to Quoted Post
Hi

This is my first attempt at 2 rail and wiring up. I am trying to replicate the wiring given in the instructions to the 8589 circuit switch track. This looks to give automatic train control to two trains on the same track with a passing loop. This is what i hope to achieve.

The photo shows the instructions that came with it. What I can't see is how power is delivered to each of the isolated sections. I presume that I should wire up the isolated sections as per the instructions with the 89391 signal? Any guidance gratefully received.

IMG_1329.jpg

Many thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,
I assume the three lots of grey shaded connections (by the 8589 labels) are track power feeds?
Offline hennabm  
#3 Posted : 18 September 2022 16:43:29(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Alan
Your guess is as good as mine on that one.

Looking at other M guidance, a grey wire is normally an earth to the grey connection on the Z transformer. It is an accessory earth wire.

Who knows if that's right or you are? As I have seen on another site, the M wiring diagrams can "do your head in". LOL

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?