Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline OMAC  
#1 Posted : 13 August 2022 10:11:35(UTC)
OMAC

New Zealand   
My 3102 AC would not run so removed the body to have a look for any problems. All seemed fine so tried it on the test bed without the body. Everything works fine. Put the body back on and loco would not run. I assume the body is causing a short somehow. I am wondering if it is the smoke contacts but they seem to be ok. Has anybody got any ideas of what the problem may be or at least point me in the right direction to look for the fault. Cheers Owen

Offline mvd71  
#2 Posted : 13 August 2022 11:38:35(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi Owen,

A couple of pictures may help. The dual smoke unit contacts are a potential shorting point when the body is installed. Also pinched wires when you screw the body on. Or contact with the motor face plate due to a misalignment of some sort?

Cheers…

Mike
Offline OMAC  
#3 Posted : 13 August 2022 11:56:51(UTC)
OMAC

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Owen,

A couple of pictures may help. The dual smoke unit contacts are a potential shorting point when the body is installed. Also pinched wires when you screw the body on. Or contact with the motor face plate due to a misalignment of some sort?

Cheers…

Mike

Thanks Mike

I think I may have found the problem. It looks like the wire to the smoke unit has been pinched by the body and the wire is shorting out when the body is in place. Will hopefully fix it tomorrow. Appreciate your input as you are right on the money.

Cheers Owen

Offline mvd71  
#4 Posted : 13 August 2022 22:03:37(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Cool, hope it works out and you can run the loco again soon. It’s a nice loco that looks good with a long freight train behind it and smoke units going.