Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2022 05:44:53(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello all,
I had purchased 28506 Rheingold 7 piece set from another forum member two years back. I received that loco yesterday. This set is supposed to be equipped with delta decoder. When I opened the loco body, I was shocked to see a different decoder which my MS2 can't control and the loco sprints as if it is an analog. I don't see the dip switches which we typically see on a delta decoder. I posted the same query on Facebook group and the response I got was "this loco can't be controlled by Marklin controllers. Use it as a display\show piece :) "
Could you help me with
- the decoder I should be using to convert this to Marklin digital compatible?
- should I replace the motor as well?
- I have a 60906 decoder. Can I use it with the motor that you see in the picture below?

Please help me with item codes so that I can shop for the same.
Thanks in advance
Madhu
28506-BR18Loco_reduced.jpg
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 28 June 2022 07:27:42(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Madhu it looks like its already fitted with a high propulsion Motor. The decoder I don't know but given you have a MS2 you can try Addresses 1 - 80. I know it's tedious but I am sure you will get it going when you hit the jackpot number. If it does not run to your liking then by all means consider another digital decoder either Marklin or my personal choice an ESU decoder.

D.A.Banks
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#3 Posted : 28 June 2022 07:32:49(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Thank you Dave. The moment I keep this loco on track, it starts running. So can I still try setting the address on MS2 when the loco is still on the move?

EDIT: THANK YOU SO MUCH Dave!!! I tried my luck with address 80 first and address 1 next. Thank god. The loco responded to address 1.
That makes my day and wish you a great day. I'm marking this thread resolved