Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

18 Pages«<15161718>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline xxup  
#801 Posted : 08 December 2021 21:55:30(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I really hope not..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#802 Posted : 09 December 2021 00:49:34(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Same here... although I'm beginning to think I may never receive issues 4 and 5 beyond the digital downloads I already have.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#803 Posted : 09 December 2021 02:36:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
In some ways I prefer the digital versions - easy to store and locate on a computer and they can be taken with you on a mobile device if needed.

Print copies are nice and easy to read but a pain to find storage space for once you get a few of them.

Edited by user 09 December 2021 10:34:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline husafreak  
#804 Posted : 09 December 2021 03:48:53(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
First off, thanks for posting that the Club Film 2 was available, being trapped at your inlaws and desperately bored is the PERFECT time to excuse yourself for an hour to do "important research" many thanks!
And as much as I enjoy the paper package from Mother M I still have not received #4. Perhaps it is time to go looking for it in the Cub section online... for research purposes of course.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by husafreak
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#805 Posted : 09 December 2021 10:36:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I'm wanting to find out what Mother M has done with Marklin TV episode 110 (both German and English) and episode 112 English, because they aren't on the Insider club website or on Marklin's Youtube channel.

I did ask the question on Youtube but no answer, so they obviously don't read the comments.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Minok  
#806 Posted : 05 January 2022 00:29:11(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Marklin's lost Insider Club News #4 - and the audacity of it all... ok maybe a bit overblown.

So, yeah, we have this logistics mess and the pandemic and all that this delays things.. that isn't a think I have a beef with - its all good, I can be patient.

But according to the Marklin USA rep - the company undertook a warehouse move in 2021, an apparently between that German warehouse relocation and current shipping conditions, the #4/21 issue cannot be located. So they lost them in some way, either in the warehouse or the container may be lost they were on or who knows.
They are nailed to the perch, pining for the fjords, pushing up the daisies, those #4/21 issues are ... at least for North America.

Of course now arrives the "renew for 2022 Insider" letter as well... and I'm thinking. Hold on, why should I shell out $100 for the membership when Marklin won't hold up their end of the benefits deal. Ok, the #4 is lost in physical copy--- but then should we not get a $2 credit for the 2022 renewal? Otherwise the membership (you and me) pay for the damage of Marklin hosing it all up. What company fails to deliver the product but still expects the customer to pay the full price for the product.

I sent of a query to the US contact (Stacey Cousins) and will see what she comes back with. I figured it was worth a shot to ask, because I do find it somewhat audacious to not fully deliver and then ask for a full price renewal. So in the past 2 years we have lost the physical DVD of the films, and now we can't even get the Insider News issues. If thats the norm, the membership fee should be reduced $20 to $80/yr, where we only get the Marklin Magazine and the online reading and viewing of the rest.

The benefit of the physical copies is: it arrives, I read it and/or watch it and have a physical reminder to do so.
With electronic only delivery, I'll forget the new issue is out, as the hoops of getting that thing viewed on my couch AppleTV via YouTube, vs the physical disk I can stick in the BD player...

Now get off my lawn. ;-)

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#807 Posted : 05 January 2022 04:41:49(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
I have a feeling that with the hits and misses regarding the mailings, I wouldn’t be surprised everything moves to a digital format in the near future. I prefer hard copies myself, but I think it’s a sign of the times. I agree, though, there should be a reduction in fees if that’s the case.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan
ONR
Offline husafreak  
#808 Posted : 05 January 2022 04:46:33(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
It is a shame really. Last year I was so close to cancelling, just because I felt that Marklin does not care about me. And now I have to hear that issue 4 is lost on a forum post. Marklin can't even be bothered contacting me. So, yes, when I am contacted about renewing I will be offended again. I'll be thinking how can you treat me so badly and expect loyalty? Perhaps us Insider's are "more trouble than we are worth" to Marklin? For me this feeling is not about the money, but rather promises unkept, and with no indication that Marklin even cares they are not delivering on a promise.
ONR
Offline Crazy Harry  
#809 Posted : 06 January 2022 01:19:32(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
I gave up on the North American version last year (see post 789 in this thread). I tried getting the German Marklin Magazin direct from Germany, but that isn't without issues either, so I guess I'll give up on the printed matter and keep those funds for other purchases.

Cheers,

Harold.
Offline Donb  
#810 Posted : 06 January 2022 02:17:27(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Yesterday I finally received #4 and #5. I recently switched to the German versions of the Maerklin Magazine from Marklin USA (Stacey), much better! They are at least twice as thick as the English publication.
If there are words I cannot translate, I just use my Google Translate app on my phone and use the photo scan feature, works well.

Cheers!
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Donb
Offline marklinist5999  
#811 Posted : 06 January 2022 11:06:01(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I saved all my issues from the 90's into the Millennium, as well as two to three years of Marklin magazines. There is little Digital information in them that isn't obsolete. At least the photos are nice. All are in book holders.
I also saved catalogues from 1985. I guess I can be a bit of a hoarder. Still, it's only one tall book case. Sometimes it's fun getting railroaded!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#812 Posted : 11 January 2022 09:45:35(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Insider package 06/2021 arrived today. The envelope arrived dry but it has got wet at some stage because all the items are wrinkled up at the bottom and pages are stuck together.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline husafreak  
#813 Posted : 11 January 2022 16:51:35(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Bummer, still waiting on #4 here in California.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by husafreak
Offline Glen  
#814 Posted : 12 January 2022 12:02:09(UTC)
Glen

New Zealand   
I also received No 6 yesterday, slightly bent, but otherwise in good condition.

Glen
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Glen
Offline husafreak  
#815 Posted : 16 January 2022 01:54:17(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Marklin must have read my mind because yesterday I was thinking I really have to call and let Marklin USA know I've had enough, but today I received Marklin Magazine #4&5 and Insider Club News #5. I guess #4 will not be coming... But at least I got something ;)
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#816 Posted : 16 January 2022 16:59:54(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Hopefully mine will arrive in the next few days: I’m just a bit further inland from you ;)
Offline michelvr  
#817 Posted : 16 January 2022 18:42:13(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: husafreak Go to Quoted Post

I’m also bummed out and still waiting, in Barrie, ON 🇨🇦 for the #4 Märklin insider magazine! On top of that we’re in the chilling minus -25 degree Celsius winter weather and expecting a blizzard overnight and into tomorrow.

I’m California dreaming and you’re living the dream!!!!!BigGrin

Luckily for me my basement has a gas fireplace and that’s where I’ll be after lunch, working on my Märklin layout.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline grnwtrs  
#818 Posted : 16 January 2022 20:46:49(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: Eurobahnfan Go to Quoted Post
Same here... although I'm beginning to think I may never receive issues 4 and 5 beyond the digital downloads I already have.

On 01/15/2022 I received the following from Marklin in Jefferson city Mo.

#4/21 Marklin Magazin, #5/21 Insider Club News,#5/21Marklin Magazin, and Marklin 2021 fall New items Brochures.
That is the best I can quote the information provided. Mostly*

* My system is rebooting on me again. No still. I am fed up with "Firefox browser"

I think the problem could be the power supply is failing and that is cause of the re boot.
My tech guy is out of town now, and won/t return for 3 more days so I have to put up with
the sys till then.

Good luck with the reamining issures o Marklin Insider.

Regards, gene
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline Minok  
#819 Posted : 19 January 2022 21:59:14(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post

I’m also bummed out and still waiting, in Barrie, ON 🇨🇦 for the #4 Märklin insider magazine!

The letter sent out in the mailing to me in the USA was that there will be no #4 Maerklin Insider magazine as Maerklin lost them in warehouse moves.
Between that and that the Insider Car in H0 for 2022 is a very era III model and thus completely out of place on my IV/V/VI layout, I think for 2022 I'll let my membership not renew.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline xxup  
#820 Posted : 28 January 2022 10:25:08(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Number 6 finally arrived in the letter box along with the certificate for the second insider model, which is still sitting on the tarmac in Frankfurt airport.. Sigh! RollEyes
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline husafreak  
#821 Posted : 06 February 2022 08:32:38(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Received #6 yesterday, good show Marklin! I'll stand by my previous comments regarding Marklin's "communication skills" but in the end they did deliver. Funny though, in all of 2021 I received 3 issues and in the last 3 weeks I received 3 more ;) Now the promise is kept. I really respect that.
Offline orionstars  
#822 Posted : 06 February 2022 15:28:38(UTC)
orionstars

United States   
My last installment arrived end of last week here in the Midwest USA.

Pete
Offline husafreak  
#823 Posted : 06 February 2022 17:34:09(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Cool, I'm glad they got it done!
Offline grnwtrs  
#824 Posted : 07 February 2022 01:59:24(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Received #6 yesterday, good show Marklin! I'll stand by my previous comments regarding Marklin's "communication skills" but in the end they did deliver. Funny though, in all of 2021 I received 3 issues and in the last 3 weeks I received 3 more ;) Now the promise is kept. I really respect that.

Maybe I still have a little something to look forward to this coming week. Sure has been a barren year so far. Not
that last year was so terrific.

regards, geneBigGrin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline xxup  
#825 Posted : 07 February 2022 11:23:29(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Membership card arrived today with a note saying that payment will be deducted soon, but they took the money last month.. RollEyes
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Minok  
#826 Posted : 07 February 2022 19:06:25(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Membership card arrived today with a note saying that payment will be deducted soon, but they took the money last month.. RollEyes

Ha. We in the US typically don’t get our membership cards till mid year because it needs to be a separate process for some stupid reason
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline kiwiAlan  
#827 Posted : 22 February 2022 20:24:49(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Both my Marklin Insider 1/22 and Trix Profi Club 1/22 arrived today in the UK.

The Marklin Magazine has an interesting looking article on the increases in production costs. A little bed time reading I think.

Offline IanC  
#828 Posted : 22 February 2022 22:07:10(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
Mine arrived yesterday. First the explanation, then the price increases.

IanC
Offline grnwtrs  
#829 Posted : 23 February 2022 02:12:08(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post

Ha. We in the US typically don’t get our membership cards till mid year because it needs to be a separate process for some stupid reason

Didn't this whole scam of "insider club" start here in U S A, and then we are the last in line,and the first to get whacked with a price increase.

All of which I don't matter, but it irks me to have to put up with the "Trix" intrusion with the Maerklin mama;;

Pleasant thoughts about Brenda, sure was the nicest and bests of all, sleep well my beauty. Just saying

Bored regards, gene

Offline husafreak  
#830 Posted : 23 February 2022 02:57:01(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
How much is the membership in the US going to be?
Offline Minok  
#831 Posted : 23 February 2022 03:58:56(UTC)
Minok

United States   
How much is the membership in the US going to be?

It’s still at $99 but we get less as they cut the product. The magazine year is $40 based on the current 6 issue subscription price. The annuals club car can best be qualified as a $30 model. The insider magazine (which they failed to deliver #4 of from 2021 to the US) is maybe a $15 value comparing it to the Märklin Magazine ( though the article about making roads in the #4 we didn’t get is likely reason for even caring to be in the club as it has value bit Märklin failed to deliver ). That’s $85 MSRP for what they sell us for $99. So the last $15 must be the club videos. They stopped making the physical discs and we now have to watch it in a janky way via the club website. Try bringing that up on your living room streaming box to the TV.
Add to that and from Märklin I got zero notice or invitation to :
1) order a loco for my 50th birthday several years ago
2) made an offer to order the 5-years Insider Member wagon. Just finding it at all at Märklin is a major effort by the user.

The evidence suggests highly that the Insider Club is something Märklin is unwilling or incapable of tuning correctly. They are focused on maximum profit and benefit to the corporate owners.

As such why should I not also. I’ve not reviewed for 2022. If in the future I see an I sided loco and insider car both with getting I might sign up for that one year, and each year is contingent on that criteria. Not complaining about the offerings but when they don’t provide me any value as they have no place in my personal layout , the only value left is the other artifacts and those don’t add up the the entry fee.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline husafreak  
#832 Posted : 23 February 2022 04:03:05(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Thanks, still $99
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#833 Posted : 24 February 2022 09:40:21(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
01/2022 arrived here today. The envelope looked like it had been used as a frisbee, but the contents inside are reasonably OK (some slight crushing).

So, the order forms for the BR06 Insider model arrive on 24/02 and the order deadline is 28/02. Just as well I've decided not to order it (I have the Brawa BR06).
Offline Chipopo  
#834 Posted : 24 February 2022 11:29:03(UTC)
Chipopo

Israel   
01/2022 arrived here today
Offline Bogenschütze  
#835 Posted : 24 February 2022 14:09:38(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post

.......... The insider magazine (which they failed to deliver #4 of from 2021 to the US) is maybe a $15 value comparing it to the Märklin Magazine ( though the article about making roads in the #4 we didn’t get is likely reason for even caring to be in the club as it has value bit Märklin failed to deliver ). .......

I only joined the Insider Club in May of last year (2021) and apart from an annoying 3 month delay between my on-line application and receiving any of the benefits, I'm very satisfied with the Club's offering so far.

When the bank payment problem delaying my fully effective membership was finally sorted, I received three bumper mailings at once including the elusive #4/21 Magazine and Insider Club News. The only surprise was that both of these were in French rather than English. Fortunately I am a reasonably fluent French speaker so apart from being a bit bemused it was not a problem. Obviously sending me French language versions was their solution to making up the shortfall in the production of the English language version of #4.

Edited by user 24 February 2022 17:42:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Marklin - "The train set I never had as a child."
Keith Bowman
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bogenschütze
Offline kiwiAlan  
#836 Posted : 24 February 2022 14:35:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
01/2022 arrived here today. The envelope looked like it had been used as a frisbee, but the contents inside are reasonably OK (some slight crushing).

So, the order forms for the BR06 Insider model arrive on 24/02 and the order deadline is 28/02. Just as well I've decided not to order it (I have the Brawa BR06).

Umm, the Insider Br06 order forms came out last year. My 01/22 only had order forms for the club wagons.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#837 Posted : 24 February 2022 17:25:30(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
So it does, but there is a reminder of the deadline in the accompanying letter.

I don't usually bother with the forms anyway - Lokshop knows my Insider Membership number, so if I order an Insider item they know which membership number to place the order under.

Which is very good because it saves all the kerfuffle and time delay with sending forms via International mail, especially at this time.
Offline Ranjit  
#838 Posted : 25 February 2022 12:16:02(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi All...

These last three (3) months have not been the greatest for me ! While attending to the unfortunate accident in early December when I badly injured my second toe which required surgery, I also had to deal with a road accident on my bicycle a few weeks ago, and of course, like everyone, I too had a bout of Omicron ! Luckily, I was vaccinated and it was kind of mild. As my whole body has been going through a lot of trauma, I have no been able to do much except lie in bed to recuperate. My doctors and I feel it would be best to remain focused on recovering, reducing stress and promoting overall health and well-being. Tough times indeed !

However, today is a cheerful day ! The Märklin Insider Club #01.2022 arrived in almost pristine condition ! The order form for only the HO Gauge Insider Annual Car (Item No. 48172) was enclosed. I was wondering why the order for the catalogues were not listed like before.

Take care and stay healthy.

Cheerio !
Ranjit
Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Ranjit
Offline Mman  
#839 Posted : 25 February 2022 16:01:36(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
Sorry to read about your infirmities Ranjit, just lie in bed and dream Märklin!
Perhaps the various forms are not synced in all parts of the world, I received mine some time last year for a catalogue that arrived this week - perhaps it is me that is out of sync.
ChrisG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mman
Offline xxup  
#840 Posted : 08 March 2022 09:40:17(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Insider 1/2022 arrived here - dry but with ripped packaging..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Mman  
#841 Posted : 08 March 2022 09:53:57(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
Even here in England mine also had ripped packaging - the large white envelopes used to be plasticised paper ( not recyclable) but now really is easily tearable paper. I think it was the extra weight of the New Items catalogue included in this mailing.
ChrisG
Offline husafreak  
#842 Posted : 08 March 2022 18:41:19(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Mine arrived safely.
I received my renewal form and decided to get onboard for another year, same $99 here in the US.
I also received a signed Certificate suitable for framing (really?) for the Insider V188 001 (Z scale loco 88150). Is this a new thing? I can see they spent $1.76 on First Class postage. Somebody at Marklin is trying to provide a very high level product :)
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#843 Posted : 08 March 2022 21:43:13(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
If you already received yours, then hopefully mine will arrive today or tomorrow. I just renewed this morning: despite all the ups and downs over the years, I've been a member since 1998... why stop now, right? :)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan
Offline kiwiAlan  
#844 Posted : 08 March 2022 22:21:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Mine arrived safely.
I received my renewal form and decided to get onboard for another year, same $99 here in the US.
I also received a signed Certificate suitable for framing (really?) for the Insider V188 001 (Z scale loco 88150). Is this a new thing? I can see they spent $1.76 on First Class postage. Somebody at Marklin is trying to provide a very high level product :)

No, they have been doing certificates for Insider items for a number of years. I received my certificates for both the E44.5 and VT92.5 (both H0 items) on Monday, with my Insider magazine mailing. Except I didn't buy the E44.5, so I suspect my dealer used my non-purchase to supply someone else who wanted one. They don't supply a certificate for the additional wagon sets though.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#845 Posted : 27 April 2022 04:48:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Insider pack for 02/2022 arrived today with the Marklin Magazine, Insider Magazine and subscription renewal letter.

This month focuses on the 50 year anniversary for Mini club.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Glen  
#846 Posted : 28 April 2022 03:27:50(UTC)
Glen

New Zealand   
Yes, mine arrived today.

I'm enjoying the Insider Magazine articles on tool making and tool design. ThumpUp

Glen
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Glen
Offline Mark5  
#847 Posted : 06 May 2022 04:22:06(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Glen Go to Quoted Post
Yes, mine arrived today.

I'm enjoying the Insider Magazine articles on tool making and tool design. ThumpUp

Glen

I have wanted to get the Marklin magazine for some time. Its a toss up. I have tons of print material in this house, which occupies space and should be tossed, but paging through a magazine is infinitely more satisfying than a digital subscription. I still look at my 60s Marklin catalogues.

I wish the Eisenbahn journal had an English edition, but have thought of sub for that and for Continental Model Railraoders.

So questions...
Do you have to subscribe to the Insider Magazine through a dealer?

Does anyone have suggestions for magazines with content about era 3-ish German and Italian railway history?
I have many old "La Vie du Rail" which I also like going through.

What other magazines do you read to get more into your area of the hobby?

- Ever more curious,
Mark

ps. Hope this isnt too OT. We could easily have a thread just for books and magazine recommended or enjoyed.
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline rbw993  
#848 Posted : 06 May 2022 13:36:39(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Hi Mark,
To get the Marklin Insider mag you just need to join the Insider Club. Some folks don't think it is worth the money because the content is abbreviated compared to the German version and a lot of it is marketing. I get it and enjoy it.

I used to get Continental Modeler but they drifted away from European content and include a fair amount of North American stuff so I dropped the subscription.

Like you I prefer paper but there just isn't much available on our side of the pond.

Regards,
Roger
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rbw993
Offline H0  
#849 Posted : 06 May 2022 15:59:05(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
To get the Marklin Insider mag you just need to join the Insider Club.
One thing is the Märklin Magazin. It is available for Insiders and Outsiders, at least the German version. The English version has much less contents. Not sure if Outsiders can subscribe to the English version.

Another thing are the Insider Club News: Same contents for English and German versions and available to Insiders only.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#850 Posted : 07 May 2022 13:59:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Mark5 Go to Quoted Post
I wish the Eisenbahn journal had an English edition, but have thought of sub for that......

Eisenbahn Journal is no longer available, it has been folded into Eisenbahn Modellbahn Magazin. The last edition was December 2020.

ebmag.jpg

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz