Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BenP  
#1 Posted : 29 April 2022 15:14:48(UTC)
BenP

United States   
Before a turnout, train A stops and (standing) train B moves onto shared track. Train B goes round and then stops before turnout, and train A moves onto shared track. And so forth. This works fine for me using contact segments.
This is one round each for trains A and B. Is there a way to CS3 program two or more rounds for train A (and B) before the other train moves? Say, Train A rounds three times before train B moves. Then, train B rounds two times before train A moves.
I am a beginner at automation, so ideas welcome.
Digital M (+ some K) track layout with mostly vintage rolling stock and accessories, and small Z scale layout.
https://youtube.com/play...0kgVYbh0CeDTF-bYXoD_2-V9
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BenP
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2022 17:15:06(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Hi Ben, I can only refer you to the marklin digital youtube webinar on advanced event programming. I am a novice myself. It looks like you want three events, two with long delays.
You may need more than one contact or block area. Advanced events can include an "if, or a "then" condition in order for the event's and sequences to run correctly.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline MarcelV  
#3 Posted : 30 April 2022 03:44:35(UTC)
MarcelV

United States   
Please remove
Offline rhfil  
#4 Posted : 30 April 2022 12:55:46(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Assuming you have a circuit track on the shared track and contact tracks on both unshared tracks this is how I would do it. Loco A is sitting on one unsshared track, when loco B hits the circuit track it triggers an If event activating the switches so that the empty shared track is open. When it hits the contact track an event is triggered either sending it around again or stopping it, activating the switches for the other track and then sending the other loco around. Repeat as desired.
Offline rhfil  
#5 Posted : 30 April 2022 13:11:54(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Assuming your track looks something like this: ------======------
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 30 April 2022 15:07:20(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Also Ben, a condition is usually followed by an "action" first in an advanced event.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline BenP  
#7 Posted : 01 May 2022 02:22:12(UTC)
BenP

United States   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
Assuming you have a circuit track on the shared track and contact tracks on both unshared tracks this is how I would do it. Loco A is sitting on one unsshared track, when loco B hits the circuit track it triggers an If event activating the switches so that the empty shared track is open. When it hits the contact track an event is triggered either sending it around again or stopping it, activating the switches for the other track and then sending the other loco around. Repeat as desired.

Got this with working with 3 contact tracks, but can I do 2 or 3 rounds of train a before train b gets activated for 2 or 3 rounds?
Digital M (+ some K) track layout with mostly vintage rolling stock and accessories, and small Z scale layout.
https://youtube.com/play...0kgVYbh0CeDTF-bYXoD_2-V9
Offline rhfil  
#8 Posted : 01 May 2022 15:04:15(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Unfortunately the event is triggered each time the loco makes contact. You might try a ridiculously long delay but not sure if it will work.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline rhfil  
#9 Posted : 01 May 2022 17:15:34(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Another possibility is the "record an event" feature. It takes some patience and practice but it might do what you are trying to achieve. One caveat - changing the recording is pretty much impossible. It is easier to just delete it and start over. Make sure you have the entire event in your head before you start. My most successful one had a loco pull out of a siding(station), go around a loop and stop in a shared track(station), go around the loop and back in to its starting siding(station). I had no sensors and the recording included operating switches, and blowing whistles. So it can be done.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline Tie  
#10 Posted : 14 June 2022 21:15:04(UTC)
Tie

Norway   
Assuming your two trains after passing onto the shared track continue on a loop and returns to their starting points in front of discussed turnout:
Define in CS3 a virtual contact as if for contact track connected to s88 device, however you dont need the s88, adress or contact track. The virtual contact will be as a block name for the shared track. In your events you can define this as occupied(yellow) or free(grey) only way to change status is in event(or if you drag its symbol into your track plan and press on it)
Now. Event for first train: drag the virtual contact into the command line, set it to free(grey) and delay until virtual contact is grey(free) this will halt this event until contact is set to grey. Commands to follow in this event is to set train moving etc. then you set the feedbac contact the said train into the event and set it delay/wait until triggered. Next command of course to stop train. Then you insert the virtual contact again, and this time set it to occupied(yellow) alternatively you can send the train on anorher tour around the loop prior to the virtual contact is set yellow.
Then; event for the other train: more or less the same but to wait until virtual contact is yellow before set on route and when triggering contact prior to turnout either set for anorher round or stop train and set virtual contact to grey.
When starting the two events manually the train waiting for the color that is already in the virtual contact will start. The other wait. Hope this was understandable. It is also possible to make an event and drag the event for train a several times into this event. Similar for train b. Startin these events will make the sequence repeat.
Regards
Thor Inge
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tie