Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline obb1016  
#1 Posted : 23 March 2022 17:09:21(UTC)
obb1016

Hi-

I ordered a Roco 78669 Kambly Re 465 lok from a German dealer quite a long time ago, and the dealer still says he has my order but the lok seems to have disappeared from Roco's production list. An American dealer told me that 78669 is discontinued and is being replaced by Roco 78691, which will be available in the third quarter of 2022.

Does anyone know more about 78669? Was it ever released? I wonder if I'll ever see it...

Best,
George

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by obb1016
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 23 March 2022 17:28:07(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Roco has stopped taking reserve orders, but it was new for 2021, and may not have been delivered as yet, in which instance, yours as well. Otherwise, Keep checking various delaers for one in stock, as sometimes a person who reseved one doesn't wish to take delivery of the item.
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 23 March 2022 17:56:43(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
George,

It does indeed appear that the 78669 has been replaced by the 78691. I presume that the original production was sold out and that Roco decided to offer a second production to meet the demand, especially after Arwico/Liliput announced a second production run of the matching coach set and LS Models also announced the production of the same coach models.

You don't mention where in the USA you are from. You did state that you ordered the model from a German dealer.
For Swiss models, especially when it comes to limited productions, I most often order from Swiss dealers, as they are more likely to order such models in larger quantity and therefore hopefully more likely to have these items in inventory, compared to other dealers, who might only order what they have pre-sold or perhaps orders plus one or two.

My go to dealer in Switzerland at the moment is Christian at Eyro.ch in Interlaken. I also recommend Bahnorama.ch, Roundhouse.ch.
Roundhouse's website lists the 78669 as in stock. Mr Donzé can be contacted in German or Italian.

You can send him the following message:

Quote:
Sehr geehrter Herr Donzé,

Ich möchte wissen ob das Roco Modell 78669 (Kambly) immer noch lieferbar ist?
Könnten Sie mich bitte die Summe mit Versandkosten nach Amerika mitteilen?
Wenn möglich, könnten Sie die Antwort auf Englisch schreiben?

Besten Dank

George

To recap:

Dear Mr Donzé

I would like to know if the Roco model 78669 (Kambly) is still available?
Can you provide the price with shipping to America?
If possible, can you respond in English?

Many thanks

George

I hope that this helps.
If you want to wait for the new edition, Roco's website shows that dealers can still place orders for this stock number, so you can order from any dealer, but ask them to submit the order ASAP.

Regards

Mike C