Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rocca  
#1 Posted : 16 February 2022 17:49:20(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Märklin friends,
I wish I could add in the background of my Märklin vintage Layout, with all Lokos serie 800 an old metall logo, as the ones you can see in the oldest catalogue. May you help to find an internet Shop where I could buy it, please?
Best regards
Stefano Rocca
Offline Unholz  
#2 Posted : 16 February 2022 19:46:52(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Offline Rocca  
#3 Posted : 16 February 2022 20:46:31(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Unholz. thank you so so so much for the suggestion! Yess, that is something like that, but I'd rather to have only the Logo "Märklin", as in many booklets of the '50.
Best regards

Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

Offline cookee_nz  
#4 Posted : 18 February 2022 09:25:17(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Hi Stefano, those original dealer signs can be hard to find, you just need to keep an eye on Ebay, and other auctions etc. Sometimes you get lucky, but they can also be quite expensive, many collectors look for them.

What era do you consider to be 'vintage'?

A common design is an aluminium sign, silver backing with "Märklin" in red. They come up from time to time, but I can't see any available right now.

If you do a 'google' search for "Märklin Schriftzüge" and click on 'Images', you will quickly see some examples.

But this auction might interest you, they are from circa 1980 The graphic banner is 19038 from 1979

https://www.ebay.de/itm/115137598998

Steve

19038-ebay.jpg

1979 - Verkaufsforderung (17900 - Yt 0279 - ru)-p09.jpg

Here, the same banner is shown on the base of one of our club layouts.....

Kleinbahn Jan2011.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Rocca  
#5 Posted : 18 February 2022 20:59:28(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Stev
thank you for the links, but, for vintage, I mean the "'50". Thanks so much for the help! Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Hi Stefano, those original dealer signs can be hard to find, you just need to keep an eye on Ebay, and other auctions etc. Sometimes you get lucky, but they can also be quite expensive, many collectors look for them.

A common design is an aluminium sign, silver backing with "Märklin" in red. They come up from time to time, but I can't see any available right now.

If you do a 'google' search for "Märklin Schriftzüge" and click on 'Images', you will quickly see some examples.

But this auction might interest you, they are from circa 1980 The graphic banner is 19038 from 1979

Steve

(image snip)

Edited by moderator 19 February 2022 01:01:46(UTC)  | Reason: Remove repeated images

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rocca
Offline cookee_nz  
#6 Posted : 19 February 2022 01:09:42(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Rocca Go to Quoted Post
Dear Stev
thank you for the links, but, for vintage, I mean the "'50". Thanks so much for the help! Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Steve

(image snip)

I suspected that might be the case.

Signs from the 1950's were 'relief' signs, ie 3D rather than the later flat 2D signs.

Here's a typical range from 1959...

1959-60 Jubilaums-Werbehilfen P20.jpg

They were similar for earlier years, ie here from 1955...

1955-Werbehilfen-p20.jpg

As I said, they can be found, but do take some searching.

But you could be creative and make a replica. Easiest and cheapest would to cut one out from stiff cardboard.

Second option is either from timber with a very fine saw, or, laser cutting if you have access to that. Sure it's not genuine, but is better than nothing until you find one.

Lots of options. BigGrin
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Rocca  
#7 Posted : 19 February 2022 13:51:38(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   

Dear Stev, thank you so so much for the suggestions and for the pictures. That is exactly what I was looking for. Your help is very much appreciated. I'll try to enalrge the picture scanning part of them and thento print them. It could be a good start. until I'll be able to find an original one.
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Dear Stev
Stefano Rocca

. BigGrin

Offline cookee_nz  
#8 Posted : 19 February 2022 14:32:48(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   

Dear Stev, thank you so so much for the suggestions and for the pictures. That is exactly what I was looking for. Your help is very much appreciated. I'll try to enalrge the picture scanning part of them and thento print them. It could be a good start. until I'll be able to find an original one.
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Dear Stev
Stefano Rocca

. BigGrin

Excellent, well the signs did not change much through the 50's & 60's, this is from 64/65 BigGrin

1964-p01.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image