Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kuckc  
#1 Posted : 20 January 2022 03:48:46(UTC)
kuckc

United States   
I just got a 3604 for my layout I have digital but when I run her she goes to speed and runs without controls I think it is stuck in analog mode, is there anyway to get it out of this, I set the address to 02 on the dip switch inside but it won't respond with the 6021 controller.
RE800, CM800 digital conversion w/5-pole, RSM800 digital conversion w/5-pole, TM800, TT800, G800
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 20 January 2022 11:57:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kuckc Go to Quoted Post
I just got a 3604 for my layout I have digital but when I run her she goes to speed and runs without controls I think it is stuck in analog mode, is there anyway to get it out of this, I set the address to 02 on the dip switch inside but it won't respond with the 6021 controller.

Is that 02 according to the table in the manual that should have come with it, or did you just turn switch 2 on?

Offline kuckc  
#3 Posted : 20 January 2022 17:36:25(UTC)
kuckc

United States   
I don’t have the manual so I took an educated guess and turned switch 2 on, I found other manuals that were similar but they are not specifically for the 3604. Not matter what I did it still does not change, I put the engine on the tracks it just goes without address and makes a very loud noise while running but stops with stop command, I read somewhere that this train is set from factory for AC and need to be switched to digital. But my other engines will still move with the address from the manual. Maybe I just need an manual to see what needs to be switched.
RE800, CM800 digital conversion w/5-pole, RSM800 digital conversion w/5-pole, TM800, TT800, G800
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 20 January 2022 20:27:35(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I don’t have the manual so I took an educated guess and turned switch 2 on, I found other manuals that were similar but they are not specifically for the 3604. Not matter what I did it still does not change, I put the engine on the tracks it just goes without address and makes a very loud noise while running but stops with stop command, I read somewhere that this train is set from factory for AC and need to be switched to digital. But my other engines will still move with the address from the manual. Maybe I just need an manual to see what needs to be switched.

OK, any manual that shows 8 switches will show you the address table that will be relevant for your loco.

There was a period where the decoders would not auto-switch between analogue and digital, due to a patent disagreement between Marklin and the patent holder. So your decoder may need to be switched between the two modes using the switches. All off is definitely analogue mode.

Offline Dave Banks  
#5 Posted : 20 January 2022 22:59:56(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
D.A.Banks
Offline kuckc  
#6 Posted : 21 January 2022 18:03:12(UTC)
kuckc

United States   

Thanks! This is what I was in need of.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kuckc
Offline kuckc  
#7 Posted : 21 January 2022 18:08:06(UTC)
kuckc

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

OK, any manual that shows 8 switches will show you the address table that will be relevant for your loco.

There was a period where the decoders would not auto-switch between analogue and digital, due to a patent disagreement between Marklin and the patent holder. So your decoder may need to be switched between the two modes using the switches. All off is definitely analogue mode.

Thanks, I have readdressed the lok but now it won’t run, like there is no voltage to motor I only removed the body, doesn’t look like I broke a wire off, will need to get a meter and check voltage to motor while on the track.