Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<151617
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline xxup  
#801 Posted : 08 December 2021 21:55:30(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I really hope not..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#802 Posted : 09 December 2021 00:49:34(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Same here... although I'm beginning to think I may never receive issues 4 and 5 beyond the digital downloads I already have.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#803 Posted : 09 December 2021 02:36:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
In some ways I prefer the digital versions - easy to store and locate on a computer and they can be taken with you on a mobile device if needed.

Print copies are nice and easy to read but a pain to find storage space for once you get a few of them.

Edited by user 09 December 2021 10:34:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline husafreak  
#804 Posted : 09 December 2021 03:48:53(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
First off, thanks for posting that the Club Film 2 was available, being trapped at your inlaws and desperately bored is the PERFECT time to excuse yourself for an hour to do "important research" many thanks!
And as much as I enjoy the paper package from Mother M I still have not received #4. Perhaps it is time to go looking for it in the Cub section online... for research purposes of course.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by husafreak
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#805 Posted : 09 December 2021 10:36:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I'm wanting to find out what Mother M has done with Marklin TV episode 110 (both German and English) and episode 112 English, because they aren't on the Insider club website or on Marklin's Youtube channel.

I did ask the question on Youtube but no answer, so they obviously don't read the comments.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Online Minok  
#806 Posted : 05 January 2022 00:29:11(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Marklin's lost Insider Club News #4 - and the audacity of it all... ok maybe a bit overblown.

So, yeah, we have this logistics mess and the pandemic and all that this delays things.. that isn't a think I have a beef with - its all good, I can be patient.

But according to the Marklin USA rep - the company undertook a warehouse move in 2021, an apparently between that German warehouse relocation and current shipping conditions, the #4/21 issue cannot be located. So they lost them in some way, either in the warehouse or the container may be lost they were on or who knows.
They are nailed to the perch, pining for the fjords, pushing up the daisies, those #4/21 issues are ... at least for North America.

Of course now arrives the "renew for 2022 Insider" letter as well... and I'm thinking. Hold on, why should I shell out $100 for the membership when Marklin won't hold up their end of the benefits deal. Ok, the #4 is lost in physical copy--- but then should we not get a $2 credit for the 2022 renewal? Otherwise the membership (you and me) pay for the damage of Marklin hosing it all up. What company fails to deliver the product but still expects the customer to pay the full price for the product.

I sent of a query to the US contact (Stacey Cousins) and will see what she comes back with. I figured it was worth a shot to ask, because I do find it somewhat audacious to not fully deliver and then ask for a full price renewal. So in the past 2 years we have lost the physical DVD of the films, and now we can't even get the Insider News issues. If thats the norm, the membership fee should be reduced $20 to $80/yr, where we only get the Marklin Magazine and the online reading and viewing of the rest.

The benefit of the physical copies is: it arrives, I read it and/or watch it and have a physical reminder to do so.
With electronic only delivery, I'll forget the new issue is out, as the hoops of getting that thing viewed on my couch AppleTV via YouTube, vs the physical disk I can stick in the BD player...

Now get off my lawn. ;-)

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Minok1217/
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#807 Posted : 05 January 2022 04:41:49(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
I have a feeling that with the hits and misses regarding the mailings, I wouldn’t be surprised everything moves to a digital format in the near future. I prefer hard copies myself, but I think it’s a sign of the times. I agree, though, there should be a reduction in fees if that’s the case.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan
ONR
Offline husafreak  
#808 Posted : 05 January 2022 04:46:33(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
It is a shame really. Last year I was so close to cancelling, just because I felt that Marklin does not care about me. And now I have to hear that issue 4 is lost on a forum post. Marklin can't even be bothered contacting me. So, yes, when I am contacted about renewing I will be offended again. I'll be thinking how can you treat me so badly and expect loyalty? Perhaps us Insider's are "more trouble than we are worth" to Marklin? For me this feeling is not about the money, but rather promises unkept, and with no indication that Marklin even cares they are not delivering on a promise.
ONR
Offline Crazy Harry  
#809 Posted : 06 January 2022 01:19:32(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
I gave up on the North American version last year (see post 789 in this thread). I tried getting the German Marklin Magazin direct from Germany, but that isn't without issues either, so I guess I'll give up on the printed matter and keep those funds for other purchases.

Cheers,

Harold.
Offline Donb  
#810 Posted : 06 January 2022 02:17:27(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Yesterday I finally received #4 and #5. I recently switched to the German versions of the Maerklin Magazine from Marklin USA (Stacey), much better! They are at least twice as thick as the English publication.
If there are words I cannot translate, I just use my Google Translate app on my phone and use the photo scan feature, works well.

Cheers!
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
ECoS , C track and Z scale
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Donb
Offline marklinist5999  
#811 Posted : 06 January 2022 11:06:01(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I saved all my issues from the 90's into the Millennium, as well as two to three years of Marklin magazines. There is little Digital information in them that isn't obsolete. At least the photos are nice. All are in book holders.
I also saved catalogues from 1985. I guess I can be a bit of a hoarder. Still, it's only one tall book case. Sometimes it's fun getting railroaded!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#812 Posted : 11 January 2022 09:45:35(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Insider package 06/2021 arrived today. The envelope arrived dry but it has got wet at some stage because all the items are wrinkled up at the bottom and pages are stuck together.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline husafreak  
#813 Posted : 11 January 2022 16:51:35(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Bummer, still waiting on #4 here in California.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by husafreak
Offline Glen  
#814 Posted : 12 January 2022 12:02:09(UTC)
Glen

New Zealand   
I also received No 6 yesterday, slightly bent, but otherwise in good condition.

Glen
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Glen
Offline husafreak  
#815 Posted : 16 January 2022 01:54:17(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Marklin must have read my mind because yesterday I was thinking I really have to call and let Marklin USA know I've had enough, but today I received Marklin Magazine #4&5 and Insider Club News #5. I guess #4 will not be coming... But at least I got something ;)
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#816 Posted : 16 January 2022 16:59:54(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Hopefully mine will arrive in the next few days: I’m just a bit further inland from you ;)
Offline michelvr  
#817 Posted : 16 January 2022 18:42:13(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: husafreak Go to Quoted Post

I’m also bummed out and still waiting, in Barrie, ON 🇨🇦 for the #4 Märklin insider magazine! On top of that we’re in the chilling minus -25 degree Celsius winter weather and expecting a blizzard overnight and into tomorrow.

I’m California dreaming and you’re living the dream!!!!!BigGrin

Luckily for me my basement has a gas fireplace and that’s where I’ll be after lunch, working on my Märklin layout.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline grnwtrs  
#818 Posted : 16 January 2022 20:46:49(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: Eurobahnfan Go to Quoted Post
Same here... although I'm beginning to think I may never receive issues 4 and 5 beyond the digital downloads I already have.

On 01/15/2022 I received the following from Marklin in Jefferson city Mo.

#4/21 Marklin Magazin, #5/21 Insider Club News,#5/21Marklin Magazin, and Marklin 2021 fall New items Brochures.
That is the best I can quote the information provided. Mostly*

* My system is rebooting on me again. No still. I am fed up with "Firefox browser"

I think the problem could be the power supply is failing and that is cause of the re boot.
My tech guy is out of town now, and won/t return for 3 more days so I have to put up with
the sys till then.

Good luck with the reamining issures o Marklin Insider.

Regards, gene
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Online Minok  
#819 Posted : 19 January 2022 21:59:14(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: husafreak Go to Quoted Post

I’m also bummed out and still waiting, in Barrie, ON 🇨🇦 for the #4 Märklin insider magazine!

The letter sent out in the mailing to me in the USA was that there will be no #4 Maerklin Insider magazine as Maerklin lost them in warehouse moves.
Between that and that the Insider Car in H0 for 2022 is a very era III model and thus completely out of place on my IV/V/VI layout, I think for 2022 I'll let my membership not renew.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Minok1217/