Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1 Posted : 29 December 2021 01:51:28(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Since 2019 Märklin have released 5 locomotive models representing some residing in museums across Europe.
The latest is the BR17 37197.

I know of one other museum representative locomotive, an E91 #33291 produced in 1997.
Does any one know if there were a series of, or other museum models?

Many thanks in advance.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 29 December 2021 12:34:47(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Since 2019 Märklin have released 5 locomotive models representing some residing in museums across Europe.

I know of one other museum representative locomotive, an E91 #33291 produced in 1997.

Many thanks in advance.

Kimball

You should be able to pick up the others by going through the New Items brochures. I think the 1997 one was the first.

Also don't confuse them with the Carl Bellingrodt series that have the same display cabinet, or the 150 years marklin that had five locos in one year, all from different countries, also in the same display cabinet.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline rhfil  
#3 Posted : 29 December 2021 14:33:42(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I have always wondered why Marklin adds a second epoch to the Museum locos. As an example the 37197 is described as II and VI. The II is obviously the era it was first put in use, described as 1932, but what is the VI? Is it the era of restoration? Why even include it?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline torhb  
#4 Posted : 29 December 2021 18:09:17(UTC)
torhb

Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
I have always wondered why Marklin adds a second epoch to the Museum locos. As an example the 37197 is described as II and VI. The II is obviously the era it was first put in use, described as 1932, but what is the VI? Is it the era of restoration? Why even include it?

Hi.

I would say that era VI is obvious. The Märklin museum loks usually are models of the locomotives as they are at the museums just now (era VI). This may or may not be the same as the loks were when they first were put in service (era II). Thus, the era II designation may be more questionable in my opinion.

Regards
Tor.
Tor Harald Bøhler
Oppegård, Norway
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by torhb
Offline torhb  
#5 Posted : 29 December 2021 18:30:34(UTC)
torhb

Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post

Many thanks in advance.

Kimball

Hi Kimball.

The BR 01 150 is not part of a series of museum locomotives but has been issued two times.

In 2008 it was released as an Insider model representing how it was before the museum fire in Nürnberg in October 2005 (model no 39013 era V).
In 2011 it was released again, but now as it looked after the restauration (model no 39017 era VI).

Regards
Tor.

Tor Harald Bøhler
Oppegård, Norway
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by torhb
Offline rhfil  
#6 Posted : 29 December 2021 21:25:11(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
The literature with the 37917 reportedly states that the locomotive looks as it did in 1932. So why not call it an era II? Plus if it is a "restoration" should not that require adherence to the original physical condition? Did locomotives not receive modifications during their service? Is Marklin really sure that any locomotive model it produces does not have a modification which appeared in a later era?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline kimballthurlow  
#7 Posted : 29 December 2021 22:40:22(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Thanks all for the replies.
That is helpful.

Regarding the era designation promoted by Märklin I believe it is up to the discrimination of each modeller (collector) as to how he/she reads and understands it.

Take the E19 39193.
As explained by other contributions to this forum, some of the paint detail on the museum loco was actually used on a different series of 1930s E19.
And the model replicates the current museum detail.
Compare with the 39192 which is possibly correct for era II.

Maybe the 37197 does look as it did in 1932.
Märklin can only follow what is in existence - it is what it is.
For that reason Märklin can and probably do take advice from their own documentation department and the museum "experts".

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#8 Posted : 29 December 2021 22:45:54(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

You should be able to pick up the others by going through the New Items brochures. I think the 1997 one was the first.

Also don't confuse them with the Carl Bellingrodt series that have the same display cabinet, or the 150 years marklin that had five locos in one year, all from different countries, also in the same display cabinet.

Hello Alan,

Of the current museum Loks series, I have only the 39193 and it certainly does not come with a display cabinet.
Which is a shame.

A case would have been nice.
I do have only the 37054 Bellingrodt series with a cabinet, and I like that.
I am surprised that Hornby don't do something similar for a British photographer, but may be difficult to pick from such a huge number.

Kimball