Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 30 November 2021 06:47:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I still have not received the ones I ordered from my North American dealer, so I decided to order one set on eBay to make sure that I would have at least one set. I was musing about whether to decline one of the two sets that I have on order, but I decided that in the interim, I would experiment with other possible prototypical loads for the cars.

I have a quantity of containers, swap containers, etc from the 47441 type T1 cars. I have a number of loads from other manufacturers, including Herpa, Kombimodell, Roco and Fleischmann that I bought to complete my Samskip, Geest, Ferrymasters and mixed container trains. I also have a number of Swiss Post containers from Maerklin/Herpa (47706) and the Liliput 240035-42 sets. I remembered that Roco had a Sgns with Post Containers*, so I thought that I would try the load from the 47706 set. I then remembered that I had some spare containers from the Liliput series, so I thought that I would see what they would look like on the Maerklin cars.

I had 4 containers to play with and 3 cars, so I interspersed the loads with swap containers from one of my Maerklin 47441 T1 cars (Dreier), which I had seen in some photos. The end result looks very nice.

The real thing: https://www.bahnbilder.d...e-44-ii-11277-957901.jpg

*Roco 66658: https://www.roco.cc/doc/...04026006109024029007.jpg

My result:
IMG_3143.jpg
IMG_3141.jpg
IMG_3142.jpg

I hope that you like it.

This will give me the option of extending the Coop train, but will also allow me to run interesting compositions in addition to the existing cars that I already have.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 30 November 2021 07:32:11(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Thanks Mike for your ideas on container trains.
I have found that both Electrotren and Rivarossi containers (modern issue under Hornby control) fit perfectly with Märklin.
It is probable that Jouef would be the same.
Piko do not (pins incorrect distance apart), and Walthers are OK if I remove the inner half of the pins at one end using a sharp hobby knife.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 30 November 2021 16:10:37(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I too am waiting on a backordered Roco new for 2020 container car set. It's been so long I forget which. It's SBB though.
I got a couple Herpa Kuhne & Nagel swap bodies on closeout, but they don't fit the Roco wagons, so I have them legs down in the intermodal yard.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999