Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Copenhagen  
#51 Posted : 18 November 2021 22:37:02(UTC)
Copenhagen

Maybe the headline should have been: Trick or Treat?

Any discussion that brings clarity to matters and have advice, tips, solutions etc is always welcome.
Offline Goofy  
#52 Posted : 20 November 2021 11:35:20(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Here was me thinking this thread had finished. Just clean tracks and sliders on a regular basis and the trains keep running. They do on my layout anyway.

I thought it had died as well, but again, Goofy comes along with "i have seen ..." without providing a link to what he was watching, so we can only suppose there is insubstantiated information here.

True or False? The answer is Yes.

LOL
Just write in the Youtube by search Märklin clean dirt tracks and you see a lot of video tip!

LOL LOL LOL

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Copenhagen  
#53 Posted : 20 November 2021 11:53:32(UTC)
Copenhagen

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Here was me thinking this thread had finished. Just clean tracks and sliders on a regular basis and the trains keep running. They do on my layout anyway.

I thought it had died as well, but again, Goofy comes along with "i have seen ..." without providing a link to what he was watching, so we can only suppose there is insubstantiated information here.

True or False? The answer is Yes.

LOL
Just write in the Youtube by search Märklin clean dirt tracks and you see a lot of video tip!

LOL LOL LOL

Okay. Went to youtube, typed in: Märklin clean dirt tracks -> top result Marklinofsweden: No more track cleaning - problem solved.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0olM5Zq1zlY
He's a sensible Swede, lots of talk about the tracks, not about the studs or the pickup shoe. The final solution is at about 14:40: Run your trains often and use a wooden block!

Oh forgot some smileys. Here you go: LOL LOL LOL
Offline dickinsonj  
#54 Posted : 21 November 2021 01:37:54(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I have never had any contact issues between a slider and the pukos - just the wheels and rails. Your track would have to be filthy or never used for the pukos to be a problem IMO.

This discussion is basically pointless - how to fix a problem that doesn't normally exist.

Why am I not surprised?
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline river6109  
#55 Posted : 21 November 2021 05:09:23(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
I have never had any contact issues between a slider and the pukos - just the wheels and rails. Your track would have to be filthy or never used for the pukos to be a problem IMO.

This discussion is basically pointless - how to fix a problem that doesn't normally exist.

Why am I not surprised?

Any metal with different components put together will cause problems, for instance you cant weld stainless steel and steel together without leaving a dark mark., your common problem is oxidation and humidity., none will happen if your layout is in a dry invironment.
another example is when I use ball bearings, the armature sits within the ball bearing and there is no movement and the inner and outer ball bearing is made of the same metal, the ball bearing its self sits within the motor block.

for instance some manufacturers use stainless steel pick up shoes which are not ideal with metal pukos., a,) stainless steel is not the prefered electrical conductor and it leaves arcing spots on the slider.,
I don't think this topic is pointless but the way it was created "true or false" leaves some questions about its true valuation.

I think one has to know or be aware what metal does when it comes into contact with air, salt water, moisture, humidity and other metal components.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Legless  
#56 Posted : 21 November 2021 09:18:19(UTC)
Legless

Australia   
Maybe Goofy should test out gold and silver metal sliders and report which is the better conduit with the pucko’s.
Mike
Legless
Era's 1 to 111,C track,k track
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Legless
Offline kiwiAlan  
#57 Posted : 21 November 2021 12:08:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Legless Go to Quoted Post
Maybe Goofy should test out gold and silver metal sliders and report which is the better conduit with the pucko’s.
Mike

I think he should try gold pukos, after all they are the items that are corroding ... Cool

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline river6109  
#58 Posted : 21 November 2021 13:30:42(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Legless Go to Quoted Post
Mike

I think he should try gold pukos, after all they are the items that are corroding ... Cool

does it have to be 9, 18 or 24 carrat gold ?

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Purellum  
#59 Posted : 21 November 2021 21:31:12(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post
Okay. Went to youtube, typed in: Märklin clean dirt tracks -&gt; top result Marklinofsweden: No more track cleaning - problem solved.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0olM5Zq1zlY
He's a sensible Swede, lots of talk about the tracks, not about the studs or the pickup shoe. The final solution is at about 14:40: Run your trains often and use a wooden block!

That's just like Yin and Yang - Antimarklinofsweden and Marklinofsweden LOL

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#60 Posted : 22 November 2021 12:14:13(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Administrators can lock threads, but they can also lock user. One way or other the issue will be resolved. Cool

Yep we can even though self appointed moderator Goofy says we can't, I assure everyone we can and I'm about to...

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
In fact...no they can´t......

I still don't think Goofy has given a proper link to what he is talking about, first it was Facebook, next it was Youtube soon it will be Twitter......

My response to that.....?? YouTwitFace!

I must apologise for prolonging eveyone's agony by not monitoring this thread sooner.

Thread is now locked.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz