Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline costing  
#1 Posted : 15 October 2021 06:56:06(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
Do you know if there is some way of enabling a start delay on the mLD/3 to match the engine start on the mSD/3 when sound is enabled? I'm using the two in a consist and I'm trying to avoid them fighting for a few seconds when sound effects are on.
JMRI on RPi & DCC++ / C-track / Marklin, Roco, ESU, Bemo locos / Christmas car collector
Offline Donb  
#2 Posted : 16 October 2021 00:40:25(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Hi,

You may be able to do this by adjusting the Speed Table (CV67-94) on the mLD3 to match the mSD3.

Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Donb
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 16 October 2021 01:29:30(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Donb Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

You may be able to do this by adjusting the Speed Table (CV67-94) on the mLD3 to match the mSD3.

It is not just speed table, unless you wish to set the first CV on both decoders to 0 speed, but I am not sure if you can do that.

I know ESU have a specific way of doing what costing wants on Lokpilot decoders to match the sound start up delay on Loksound decoders. I haven't investigated to see if it can be done with Marklin ones.

It may be worth dropping an email to Marklin to see if they can give an idea of how to do what you want. It would be a good idea to give them a dig in the side by saying you want to match the facility that ESU have on the Lokpilot to match the start up delay on the Loksound. That may induce a hurry up on the answer, i can't imagine they would wish to be found wanting compared to ESU. Woot Woot Woot Woot

Offline costing  
#4 Posted : 16 October 2021 06:58:54(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
That's precisely the case here, I have stumbled upon this feature in Lokpilot and wondered why I didn't think of setting it in the mLD too. Looks like the reason was simply the non-existence of an equivalent...

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll contact M* and patiently wait for a firmware update :)
JMRI on RPi & DCC++ / C-track / Marklin, Roco, ESU, Bemo locos / Christmas car collector
Offline xxup  
#5 Posted : 16 October 2021 07:17:44(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Whenever I have downloaded a sound project from the Marklin site for a mSD/3 conversion, this is the default behaviour when the engine sound is switched on.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com