Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ocram63_uk  
#1 Posted : 18 September 2021 18:18:03(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Hi ya all (I know very unposh English) !! Hope you are well.

I've tried devery possible combination but the three stalls on the 7028 do not line up with the corresponding 3 tracks on the turn table. Is this normal ?
I thought that the two items were engineered properly as they are one and whole.
Do I have to go further back with the round house ? If so I can't anyway as there isn't room at the back :-)

Marklin 7028_7186.jpeg

Thank you
Marco
Offline Hannes Porsche  
#2 Posted : 19 September 2021 21:25:00(UTC)
Hannes Porsche

South Africa   
Hi,

MATHS says the loko shed has to move backwards for any chance of track alignment to the turn table tracks.
I hope someone has the relevant documentation to give you the track lengths required for proper assembly.

Thanks,

HANNES

Offline DaleSchultz  
#3 Posted : 19 September 2021 21:47:30(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
yes they will only match up if the angles between the roundhouse tracks is the same as the angles between the tracks on the turntable (highly likely) AND the center point of the turntable and the center of the roundhouse tracks are in the same place. This means that there is one distance between the edge of the turntable and the edge of roundhouse that will be correct. All others will be wrong.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline Br502362  
#4 Posted : 20 September 2021 06:42:56(UTC)
Br502362

Finland   
Hi,

Right tracks to the shed are 2x 5106 + 5109 as shown in the picture.

IMG_20210920_072047~2.jpg

Cheers

Åke
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Br502362
Offline ocram63_uk  
#5 Posted : 22 September 2021 10:04:03(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
@Ake, I tried to use the tracks in your posted sketch. First I installed the center stall and then the left and right ones, hoping that it all stayed centered.
It doesn't work. Either the left or the right stall are always skewed. Moving the 7028 backward and forward leaves the side stalls skewed. I got to a compromise position where only the doors of the center stall close the others don't.

Turntable.jpeg
Offline Br502362  
#6 Posted : 22 September 2021 10:46:34(UTC)
Br502362

Finland   
Originally Posted by: ocram63_uk Go to Quoted Post
@Ake, I tried to use the tracks in your posted sketch. First I installed the center stall and then the left and right ones, hoping that it all stayed centered.
It doesn't work. Either the left or the right stall are always skewed. Moving the 7028 backward and forward leaves the side stalls skewed. I got to a compromise position where only the doors of the center stall close the others don't.

Turntable.jpeg

You have to use those 3/16 length 5109 tracks too which then lock to attachments under those three buffers.
Then you have the right angle for tracks. It has worked fine in my previous layout. Stall front wall should be 265,3mm from the center of turntable as shown in the picture.

7028.PNG

Cheers

Åke
Offline Crazy Harry  
#7 Posted : 22 September 2021 20:04:53(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Ake's instructions are correct, you must use the 5109 pieces as well and align them at the rear of the roundhouse. I have the same components.

In your photo in post 5 it looks like 12 sleepers (ties) are visible between the roundhouse and the turntable. I counted mine and there are only ten visible. Therefore, I think your roundhouse has to be a little closer to the turntable to have everything line up properly.

Cheers,

Harold.
Offline ocram63_uk  
#8 Posted : 23 September 2021 01:00:52(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Harold, Ake, thank you for your help. I'll have to order the 3 x 5109 and give it another go.
Good night. Marco
Offline 1borna  
#9 Posted : 23 September 2021 19:57:34(UTC)
1borna

Croatia   
Vollmer runs a depot of the same size as Marklin
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by 1borna
Offline ocram63_uk  
#10 Posted : 11 October 2021 12:54:16(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
I now have all the tracks required but the stalls do not line up with the turn table at all. They are still skewed.
Offline ocram63_uk  
#11 Posted : 13 October 2021 23:31:43(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
UPDATE
I was getting a bit frustrated about this assembly not working properly. I decided to put the shed on the desk and have a look at it properly under every angle and I found out that the bottom left corner, stall 1, was slightly crumpled, like a car after an accident, something unnoticeable if you aren't looking for defects.
Overall the shed looked and looks in ship shape condition.
I got a pair of pliers and 'ironed' the crumple as best as I could but I still need to finishthe job by using a punch in the corner in order to iron it out completely.
Anyway, I first inserted the tracks in the stalls and then connected the shed to the TT, it was a bit fidgety but in the end I succeeded.
The stalls aren't as skewed as before, the doors close properly too, albeit with old heavy engines with the modern and light ones the doors do not close. The door of stall 1, left one where the shed, probably, fell on the floor, had issues so with the dremel I removed a bit of ballast to allow the door pin to move freely and allow it to close.
Thank you for your help and support, as always.
Marco
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ocram63_uk
Offline Crazy Harry  
#12 Posted : 13 October 2021 23:50:05(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Originally Posted by: ocram63_uk Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE
Anyway, I first inserted the tracks in the stalls and then connected the shed to the TT, it was a bit fidgety but in the end I succeeded.
The stalls aren't as skewed as before, the doors close properly too, albeit with old heavy engines with the modern and light ones the doors do not close.
Marco

I'm glad you found the source of the mis-alignment!

I was just composing a response when I saw your update. I was including a suggestion to do what you said you did re track installation and then connecting to the turntable, but that is no longer necessary since you got there by yourself.

I expected the old design of door closure to work best with heavy locomotives or by crashing into the stop at high speed (oops, did I really mean that?) with lighter locomotives. Next step would be to install servo motors to control the door operation and not rely on the old mechanism.

Cheers,

Harold.