Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1 Posted : 10 August 2021 03:59:24(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
There is a new listing today of a large number of Märklin items at Hattons of Wdnes.
I am not sure that they are bargain prices, but much of it is collectable and produced in the last 20 years.

Search for Marklin or at this link Marklin at Hattons
This includes all Z gauge items as well.

Or just go straight to their pre-owned items list for today or at this link Pre-owned at Hattons today
All HO Märklin items in the pre-owned sort function are listed with a grey background (as for all HO) - Z gauge items are listed with a pale green background.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline twmarklinfan  
#2 Posted : 10 August 2021 16:45:04(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Thanks I have had a quick look. You are right there are some very collectible items.

I think the prices are not bad considering what is there. I did grab the rolling road set but that will be it.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by twmarklinfan
Offline kimballthurlow  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2021 23:58:10(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
There is a very large additional range of Märklin items added to the second-hand listing overnight.

There are about 30 K83 decoders and a number of current-conductiong coupler sets 72021/72020.
Listed are a large range of locomotive and car-sets.
These include SNCB, SNCF, SBB and DB mostly released in the last 10 years.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#4 Posted : 12 August 2021 13:33:53(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
I've just been to Hatton's and bought a couple of things from this collection. It's only a half-hour drive for me, and I was very impressed with Hatton's new premises. It's on an industrial estate, and is warehouse-sized.

Main purchase was the 39730 LINT railcar with video screens for the doors. I was not aware of anyone who has one of these with all the video screens working. Mine certainly don't! But this one from Hatton's DOES completely work, as it's never been used apart from (I suppose) for initial testing. So now it has to be kept in a box and not used, or else I'm sure the screens will fail! Viewing for special guests only!!!

I too thought that we knew all the major Märklin collectors in the UK, but I don't know the owner of this collection. Naturally, Hatton's wouldn't tell me who it was, but all the stuff recently listed on their web site is from the same owner. I can tell you, though, that he was a bit of a scribbler! Digital addresses hand-written on the instruction booklets, and labels stuck to the outside of boxes, etc. I will try and clean these off as best I can. I prefer all my things to be pristine!

Anyway, the quality and condition of the trains seem to be excellent, in case anyone else here is thinking of buying anything.

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline kimballthurlow  
#5 Posted : 12 August 2021 23:16:42(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
A huge amount of K track and accessories added.
Along with more locos and cars and sets.
Quite a bit of Roco and Fleischmann.

Kimball
Offline kimballthurlow  
#6 Posted : 12 August 2021 23:19:16(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
I've just been to Hatton's and bought a couple of things from this collection. It's only a half-hour drive for me, and I was very impressed with Hatton's new premises. It's on an industrial estate, and is warehouse-sized.
Nigel

Hi Nigel,
Congratulations on your purchases.

They were doing mail order only.
I believe they opened to shoppers a week or two ago.
Great timing.

Kimball
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 12 August 2021 23:27:45(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quite a few more items have been added to the list. Yesterday there were about 504 items, today there are 841.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 13 August 2021 11:17:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Well, now there's 3 items less.....

I'd been wanting some extra cars for my ICE2 train for some time. There were two 43705 sets in this collection, now just one left Wink.

Hattons also remove VAT for us out of UK folks - that surprised me as you don't normally encounter VAT on used items.
Offline HattonsJack  
#9 Posted : 13 August 2021 14:44:44(UTC)
HattonsJack

United Kingdom   
Hi there guys,

Thanks for starting this thread. We've added a lot of fantastic pre-owned Marklin items to our site over the past few days!

The best place to see it all is to head to: https://bit.ly/3xHiHfS

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

All the best,
Jack
Hattons Model Railways
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by HattonsJack
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 13 August 2021 15:15:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: HattonsJack Go to Quoted Post
Hi there guys,

Thanks for starting this thread. We've added a lot of fantastic pre-owned Marklin items to our site over the past few days!

All the best,
Jack
Hattons Model Railways

Hmm, don't know why 2204 track gets put in H0E/H0n3 setion when it is standard Marklin H0 track.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline HattonsJack  
#11 Posted : 13 August 2021 15:22:13(UTC)
HattonsJack

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HattonsJack Go to Quoted Post
Hi there guys,

All the best,
Jack
Hattons Model Railways

Hmm, don't know why 2204 track gets put in H0E/H0n3 setion when it is standard Marklin H0 track.

Thanks for letting me know about that. Looks like it was put under the incorrect category when it was added - I've had that fixed now!
Offline kimballthurlow  
#12 Posted : 13 August 2021 23:23:32(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Hi Alan,
In the past I have found that Hattons list usful items such as decoders and accessories that can be used for HO and Z under the Z section.
So it pays to look.

I am amazed at the work in listing and photographing all those items.
And they are quite accurate in their descriptions and assessments.

regards
Kimball
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kimballthurlow  
#13 Posted : 18 August 2021 02:34:33(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
As well as the normal online shopping cart, Hattons offer what they call the Trunk.
So if you wish to bundle items over a period (up to 3 months) you can.
It is very good for shipping overeseas, because it amortizes the cost compared to shipping individual items.

You first add items to the normal shopping cart, and one of the options is add those items to a Trunk.
At this point you do pay using your credit card, and the items stay in your Trunk until you are ready to ship.
If you subsequently find that an item(s) in your trunk are no longer wanted, just remove them and your credit card will be refunded.

I have used this sytem very successfully, because I purchase British models as well.

regards
Kimball

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline bph  
#14 Posted : 23 August 2021 23:55:58(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Well, now there's 3 items less.....

I'd been wanting some extra cars for my ICE2 train for some time. There were two 43705 sets in this collection, now just one left Wink.

Hattons also remove VAT for us out of UK folks - that surprised me as you don't normally encounter VAT on used items.

I have to pay VAT on used items when I import to Norway. So the fact that they remove the VAT makes the deal quite a bit better compared to ebay.

So based on your tip one wagon sets coming to norway, from Hatton. but I still have to pay Norwegian VAT (25%) and handling fee.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#15 Posted : 24 August 2021 04:44:13(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
My parcel from Hattons is with the courier for delivery today, given it arrived in Auckland last Thursday after being posted last Monday (8 days ago).

So, how come DHL can deliver a parcel that goes from Liverpool - Leipzig in Germany - Singapore - Sydney - Auckland NZ - Wellington in 8 days whereas it takes DHL between 3 weeks and 3 months to deliver from within Germany to Frankfurt to Singapore to Auckland to Wellington, and that is paying Premium postage - 80 € for the German parcel and 33 £ for the UK parcel?

The UK parcel was sent via DHL Express, the German ones as a normal DHL shipment.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline river6109  
#16 Posted : 24 August 2021 11:48:23(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
My parcel from Hattons is with the courier for delivery today, given it arrived in Auckland last Thursday after being posted last Monday (8 days ago).

So, how come DHL can deliver a parcel that goes from Liverpool - Leipzig in Germany - Singapore - Sydney - Auckland NZ - Wellington in 8 days whereas it takes DHL between 3 weeks and 3 months to deliver from within Germany to Frankfurt to Singapore to Auckland to Wellington, and that is paying Premium postage - 80 € for the German parcel and 33 £ for the UK parcel?

The UK parcel was sent via DHL Express, the German ones as a normal DHL shipment.

It must be corrupt, Deutschland über alles, (Germany over everyone), a small comparisment: a letter from Australia to Germany under 50g costs A$ 3.50, a letter over 50g and under 125g costs A$ 8.30,, so if you send 2 letters under 50g you only pay A$ 7.00

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline marklinist5999  
#17 Posted : 24 August 2021 12:11:58(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Perhaps the flooding in Deutschland is a reason why as well! I received an email from Walthers saying that supplier shipping costs have increased and delivery times are longer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline twmarklinfan  
#18 Posted : 24 August 2021 19:27:31(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
My parcel from Hattons arrived very quickly. It was the 6 wagon Rollendstrasse set. Beautiful condition but all the couplings and buffer beams are missing. I am hoping that perhaps they have been put into the boxes with the other separate wagons they have for sale. A discussion with Hattons is under way. ☹️

On the other hand I bought a loco from Joes in Germany yesterday. I paid around 12.00 hrs London on the 23rd. It was delivered at my door at 13.16 today. Unbelievable, sent by DHL Express for €19, which is less than the postage quoted in his ebay listings. 😁

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by twmarklinfan
Offline steventrain  
#19 Posted : 23 November 2021 22:27:44(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hattons black Friday sale on marklin pre owned.

Up to 25% off price.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain