Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline thadro  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2021 05:21:13(UTC)
thadro

United States   

hello. I recently joined this forum as I received a trunk of Marklin train equipment from my from my 99 yr old father in law as a retirement gift. He had this set but had not opened it for decades. Most of it appears to be from the late 50's . So far I have a basic layout going and the two engines are working but need refurbishing. I have replaced the burnt out bulbs and cleaned and lubricated the engines. I now have to replace the worn out tires on the two engines but I do not know what size tire to order for the engines. the engines are a SET800 also labeled E44039 and a 3005 also labeled 23014. Can anyone tell me which size replacement tires I should order?
Offline Mr. Ron  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2021 06:52:26(UTC)
Mr. Ron

United States   
Originally Posted by: thadro Go to Quoted Post

hello. I recently joined this forum as I received a trunk of Marklin train equipment from my from my 99 yr old father in law as a retirement gift. He had this set but had not opened it for decades. Most of it appears to be from the late 50's . So far I have a basic layout going and the two engines are working but need refurbishing. I have replaced the burnt out bulbs and cleaned and lubricated the engines. I now have to replace the worn out tires on the two engines but I do not know what size tire to order for the engines. the engines are a SET800 also labeled E44039 and a 3005 also labeled 23014. Can anyone tell me which size replacement tires I should order?

See page 50 of this catalog: file:///C:/Users/12283/Downloads/MA1982_EN.pdf

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mr. Ron
Offline PJMärklin  
#3 Posted : 13 May 2021 07:18:18(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   

Hello,

replacement tires :

SET800 : 7145

3005 : 7152
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 13 May 2021 13:20:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Mr. Ron Go to Quoted Post

See page 50 of this catalog: file:///C:/Users/12283/Downloads/MA1982_EN.pdf

It is no good giving a link to a file on your machine - no one else can access it.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan