Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Casand  
#1 Posted : 24 April 2021 17:11:18(UTC)
Casand

United States   
I have a General Purpose Diesel Hydraulic Locomotive 3374 (original) DB 216 that I have upgraded with a 60760 (Motor) and 60972 (Decoder) which I have been running successfully on Windigipet Small for several months. I recently upgraded WDP to 2018 Premium without problems (several weeks) with the running of the layout.
I am controlling the layout via a Intellibox (IB) 650 which also has been recently upgraded from 1.001 to 2.01 Software.
The 3374 Locomotive (One of my best runners), decided to not run any more – either via WDP or via the IB in isolation. The direction lights (F0) do not turn on in either direction or respond to Motor Controls.
I have a separate “Programing Track” on the IB that I use for Programing or Reading the locomotives. Placing the locomotive on the Programing track, I am able, using the WDP loco Decoder Utility or IB Controller to be able to read the full CV’s configuration into WDP. I am also able to write to the decoder – e.g via CV to change the Locomotive ID Address. However, I am not able to control the locomotive from IB (Isolated from WDP) or via WDP through the RS232 cable to the IB.
As the decoder (60972) supports Analog as an Alternative Format to drive the locomotive – I am able to operate the Locomotive Forward / Reverse together with the forward and Reverse Lights .
I have tried resetting the decoder (to factory defaults) via CV 8 and re-programing the previous CV parameters – however the Locomotive still fails to run digitally either via the IB or through WDP.
I have approx. 20 locomotives which I have upgraded with 60972 (decoders) and high propulsion (motors) which are running without problems on the same layout so I am perplexed why the decoder responds to all read/write commands and the motor and lights (via decoder) respond in Analogue mode.

I would appreciate any ideas what the problem could be and how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Andy Stacey
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 24 April 2021 17:57:50(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Andy
Welcome to the forum.
I understand you have an mLD3 (Platine) decoder and a motor from the 60760 kit (drum) and it works in analogue (motor runs) but not in digital.

So chances are all is working but one parameter has changed.
I would reset the decoder by writing 8 in CV 8
I would reprogram the address (in case it has changed)
I would also try another protocol (the IB can MM and DCC and your decoder can MFX, MM and DCC): using DCC and address 3 (temporary)
Hoping this helps
Jean
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 24 April 2021 18:37:50(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Turn off DCC on the decoder (CV 50 IIRC).

I have had this happen with a 60977 decoder with IB on version 1.5, but I haven't got around to turning off DCC to check that this is the problem yet. The impression I get is that because both MM and DCC are present the decoder gets confused, but haven't proven that hypothesis yet.