Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline petestra  
#1 Posted : 26 March 2021 14:58:01(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hello.

I recently purchased some new digital items after the last CS3 update. I won't go into it all but I had to extinguish and then reload

the article list and the track board screen. I have got all of my digital signals/switches reloaded with new addresses, restarted APS etc and they work fine.

Now I'm getting to the reinstalling of the 10 events I had. BTW, the circuit tracks k1, k2, k3 etc remained on the article list page. I was

able to initially remove them all from the track board screen. When I started to re-make the 1st event I was able to drag k1 onto the track board

screen but it and the red signal will not drag to the event box when I try? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Peter. Confused

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 26 March 2021 15:12:09(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter
Not sure this is your problem but when editing the events, all filtering on the article list must be removed.
Also, the Link88 must give its OK for the events to execute (cannot simulate without the Link88 connected and responding)
Otherwise you have a pink/red square in the center top of screen asking you to wait.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline petestra  
#3 Posted : 26 March 2021 16:48:31(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Peter
Not sure this is your problem but when editing the events, all filtering on the article list must be removed.
Also, the Link88 must give its OK for the events to execute (cannot simulate without the Link88 connected and responding)
Otherwise you have a pink/red square in the center top of screen asking you to wait.
Cheers
Jean

Thanks for your input, Jean. Link decoder shows a green check so it's ok and there is no pink/red square on top. Peter.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 26 March 2021 19:26:03(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Another possibility Peter for one article refusing to be dragged and dropped: It is already somewhere in the plan in question.
Yes sometimes it take a little time to find where the little guy is hidden.
If you are absolutely stuck, one way is to delete the article (event , contact, switch, signal, turntable). So it will be removed of all your track plans and easy to re-insert.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline petestra  
#5 Posted : 31 March 2021 21:37:37(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hello.

Well thru trial and error I got everything working again but my article list remains quite "messy" which I don't believe is a big problem because

all the events have been remade and are working fine. What I had done was to delete the contact tracks on the track board page first. I should have

deleted them on the article list page and they would have then been automatically removed from the track board page. By doing it the way I did

I was not then able to delete those contact tracks k1, k2, k3 etc. from the article list so they remained on it. It's very weird but when I made the new

events I had to add the new contact track article with a different number k51 etc. instead of k1 (but wired to the module at #1). Then I was able to move the old k1 on the article list

to the trigger spot in the event box. I'm hoping not to have similar problems down the road but for now all is well. Peter. Cool
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 31 March 2021 21:42:32(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Seems excruciating! For me especially. I'ma new CS3 user. Odd how some refer to marklin, etc. models as toys. Then they see all the wiring, know how and skill involved. Not to mention computers.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline petestra  
#7 Posted : 31 March 2021 23:16:38(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Seems excruciating! For me especially. I'ma new CS3 user. Odd how some refer to marklin, etc. models as toys. Then they see all the wiring, know how and skill involved. Not to mention computers.

EXACTLY! Laugh That's why when people visit and I have them look under the layout and they realize right away that this is NO child's toy.

I am no computer expert nor did I ever work in IT but I have worked with computers since 1974. I delayed my entry into Marklin digital until 2013 too.

Thanks for your comment. Cheers! Peter. BigGrin

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra