Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinist5999  
#151 Posted : 23 February 2021 18:26:47(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
The Unimat is nothing short of brilliant for a model! Albeit pticey, but so was my Goliath crane. When you think they've done all that is possible in this scale, something more amazing comes along. Who'd have thought that in 1990 we'd have peizo motors operating pantographs, and sound? Maybe it was already envisioned by the trade. Like smart phones, my son in law thinks someday your screen will be projected in front of your eye.
Offline Goofy  
#152 Posted : 23 February 2021 18:29:17(UTC)
Goofy

I don´t understand why people are still talkning about C-sinus motor?
Leave it!
Märklin does not take care of it anymore time.
DC motor rules now in Märklin Göppingen.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline H0  
#153 Posted : 23 February 2021 19:44:49(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
I don´t understand why people are still talkning about C-sinus motor?
I'm not surprised.
If people still think that 39xxx numbers stand for C Sine motors then IMHO it is appropriate to talk about C Sine motors, even though they left for good many years ago.

Märklin used very big words to announce the SDS as the standard motor for premium models when they introduced it. They silently dropped it a short time after its introduction.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline marklinist5999  
#154 Posted : 23 February 2021 20:36:54(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
SDS was followed by Soft drive sinus, then compact sinus motor. M realized the compact was garbage. The plastic housing cracked apart. I realized change was inadvertant upon removing the body off my 39120 E 10 from 2007. It has the can SDS motor. It runs well. Some reported here having operating issues with speed control. Turns out the the sine waves interfere with MFX, and M wasn't trashcanning that. So away went the C sine. It was also a cost saving measure. My using the same type can motor as other makers, a 5 pole, like Mitsumi, etc. the cost is much less, and makes compatibility with dcc easier. While myself I've not had any running problems with my three C sine loc's, I havn't tried running them with other mfx devices in operation yet. I have ran my 39355 Taurus, and 39573 br 103 at the same time.
A 3900 series since has meant MFX+, until some recent issue 3700 series models also have mfx+ world of operation now.
Offline H0  
#155 Posted : 23 February 2021 20:59:54(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
SDS was followed by Soft drive sinus, then compact sinus motor.
SDS is Soft-drive Sinus. SDS is the successor of Compact C-Sine. I sometimes call the Compact C-Sine the "Rough-Drive Sinus" (RDS).
In the first place there was the C-Sine motor which is nowadays called the Large C-Sine motor. Märklin only made three models with mfx and large C-Sine.

The 3900 series denotes loco kits for self-assembly. That was long before mfx+. LOL

I never experienced problems with the C-Sine motor interfering with mfx. Before the SDS came out there were speed control problems with any C-Sine motor and mfx locos, caused by badly engineered driver electronics that connect decoder and motor.

But since there are no SDS locos in the 2021 new items brochure, I think we should stop re-discussing the glory and the pitfalls of the C-Sine history.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#156 Posted : 23 February 2021 21:13:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
I sometimes call the Compact C-Sine the "Rough-Drive Sinus" (RDS).

C-Sine is sometimes called C-Swine.

Personally I never had any major issues with C-Sine based motors or their derivatives. I had some jerky running from a 39010 BR01 with SDS motor until I stopped using a 60052 transformer to power my CS1 and powered it with a proper switchmode power supply.
Offline marklinist5999  
#157 Posted : 23 February 2021 21:45:01(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Huh
SDS is Soft-drive Sinus. SDS is the successor of Compact C-Sine. I sometimes call the Compact C-Sine the "Rough-Drive Sinus" (RDS).
In the first place there was the C-Sine motor which is nowadays called the Large C-Sine motor. Märklin only made three models with mfx and large C-Sine.

The 3900 series denotes loco kits for self-assembly. That was long before mfx+. LOL

I never experienced problems with the C-Sine motor interfering with mfx. Before the SDS came out there were speed control problems with any C-Sine motor and mfx locos, caused by badly engineered driver electronics that connect decoder and motor.

But since there are no SDS locos in the 2021 new items brochure, I think we should stop re-discussing the glory and the pitfalls of the C-Sine history.
I have never heard of nor seen a 3900 series self assembly kit locomotive? Which are/were these?

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline danmarklinman  
#158 Posted : 23 February 2021 22:15:30(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
I have a c sine, it’s very smooth 👍and runs at a consistent set speed 👍
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
xxupH0
Offline marklinist5999  
#159 Posted : 23 February 2021 22:23:21(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   

Self assembly 3900 kits? Which were they? I have never seen one!Confused

Offline mbarreto  
#160 Posted : 23 February 2021 22:56:23(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

My experience with SDS was and is good Never had problems except with 39010: it stopped running and Märklin replaced it under warranty.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline kiwiAlan  
#161 Posted : 24 February 2021 00:39:49(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

They came out in the 1960s, possibly late 1950s and into early 1970s.

The commonest one is probably the 3921 v200 diesel. I believe there was a crocodile and some others as well. A quick scan of a Kolls catalogue should fill you in.

There was quite a range of built it yourself wagons as well.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline foumaro  
#162 Posted : 24 February 2021 05:07:22(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline kiwiAlan  
#163 Posted : 24 February 2021 21:39:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Well, I guess it takes all sorts, we all have our own oddball likes ...

New Eurotrain model ...
https://www.modellbahn-kramm.com/blog#b-40
I think Railsystems RP are the company that did a loco in the fiery logo of a pop group - in 2019 IIRC.

I don't know the origins of Amazing Amelie, so wondering if one of our German members can fill in the hole in my knowledge.
Offline bph  
#164 Posted : 28 February 2021 23:46:21(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

New Eurotrain model ...
I think Railsystems RP are the company that did a loco in the fiery logo of a pop group - in 2019 IIRC.

I don't know the origins of Amazing Amelie, so wondering if one of our German members can fill in the hole in my knowledge.

well, there is a French movie called Amazing Amelie, haven't seen it.
I find that the locomotive and model are nicely done.

If you are also referring to the Bonfire locomotive, I believe that it was owned by EWL GmbH East West Logistics at the time, and rented out to SVG - Stauden-Verkehrs-GmbH
The metal band Bonfire made several music videos where the locomotive used.Cool
Offline kiwiAlan  
#165 Posted : 01 March 2021 00:21:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post

New Eurotrain model ...

well, there is a French movie called Amazing Amelie, haven't seen it.
I find that the locomotive and model are nicely done.

If you are also referring to the Bonfire locomotive, I believe that it was owned by EWL GmbH East West Logistics at the time, and rented out to SVG - Stauden-Verkehrs-GmbH
The metal band Bonfire made several music videos where the locomotive used.Cool

Yes I was referring to the Bonfire loco. Thanks for the clarification, and the information on Amazing Amelie.
Offline dickinsonj  
#166 Posted : 03 March 2021 16:48:45(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: pserup Go to Quoted Post
I was hoping for an "end car" to the UP passenger car set from last year. But no... instead we get a big fat nothing.

I would like that as well. I would really like another set of UP coaches to make it a more realistic consist than just four coaches and two baggage wagons being pulled by one of the largest steamers ever built!

I agree that an end car would be nice but my UP streamliner book says that UP only bought a few observation cars with blind ends, and those were later converted to a normal configuration to make train assembly easier.

A SP cab forward would be one of those must buy offerings for me, but unfortunately I really don't expect to ever see that from Märklin. It would also be nice to see some passenger coaches which were not Budd coaches, but that seems pretty unlikely as well.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline dickinsonj  
#167 Posted : 03 March 2021 17:00:34(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: shannon Go to Quoted Post
noticed diesel locomotive class 77 and 66 which is marked as Dynamic Smoke Exhaust. Is it the same as synchronized smoking?

When the class 66 locos were announced at least some of them listed dynamic smoke as a feature. But none of them now list that feature, just that a smoke generator is included from the factory.

I am wondering if the dynamic smoke concept died even more quickly than the piezo exhaust idea and was pulled before it was ever produced. I know that dynamic smoke is available in HO locos from other companies, so it should be doable.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
Offline petestra  
#168 Posted : 03 March 2021 17:12:32(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pserup Go to Quoted Post
I was hoping for an "end car" to the UP passenger car set from last year. But no... instead we get a big fat nothing.

I would like that as well. I would really like another set of UP coaches to make it a more realistic consist than just four coaches and two baggage wagons being pulled by one of the largest steamers ever built!

I agree that an end car would be nice but my UP streamliner book says that UP only bought a few observation cars with blind ends, and those were later converted to a normal configuration to make train assembly easier.

A SP cab forward would be one of those must buy offerings for me, but unfortunately I really don't expect to ever see that from Märklin. It would also be nice to see some passenger coaches which were not Budd coaches, but that seems pretty unlikely as well.

Hello Jim. As a long time Marklin operator since the 60s I wonder what the % is of how many Marklin people in the USA buy U.S. prototypes? I have never bought any

as I've always loved European models/prototypes. The company must do research on this I'm sure? Just a thought. Cheers! Peter. Cool

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline dickinsonj  
#169 Posted : 03 March 2021 18:26:27(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: petestra Go to Quoted Post
Hello Jim. As a long time Marklin operator since the 60s I wonder what the % is of how many Marklin people in the USA buy U.S. prototypes?

Hello Peter,

I'm sure that is true and we are pretty small in number. I started collecting Märklin over 30 years ago intending to only buy models of European prototypes, which are still my favorites also.

But then the California Zephyr came out and I could not resist it, and later the first Big Boy and I had started down a slippery slope. So although I mostly have European Märklin models I have enough US models to want more, even though I know that is not likely to happen. Most of the people from this forum who I discuss US models with are located outside of North America, so there is some market there.

But I am content to just enjoy the ones that I have. When people mention dream locos I have several US prototypes on my my list, even if wanting US models from a German company is a bit illogical. BigGrin

Cheers
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline bph  
#170 Posted : 03 March 2021 20:45:46(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: shannon Go to Quoted Post
noticed diesel locomotive class 77 and 66 which is marked as Dynamic Smoke Exhaust. Is it the same as synchronized smoking?

When the class 66 locos were announced at least some of them listed dynamic smoke as a feature. But none of them now list that feature, just that a smoke generator is included from the factory.

I am wondering if the dynamic smoke concept died even more quickly than the piezo exhaust idea and was pulled before it was ever produced. I know that dynamic smoke is available in HO locos from other companies, so it should be doable.

Dint not why it's not listed on all, but as far as I know, they do have it. and e.g. 39068 have it listed.

The dynamic smoke is nicely demonstrated in this review:
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline dickinsonj  
#171 Posted : 04 March 2021 00:55:18(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Don't not why it's not listed on all, but as far as I know, they do have it.

That is good to hear, because it is a feature that I really want. The lighted control desk is cool - my ESU V200 already had both that and dynamic smoke years ago. So it seemed only reasonable that Mäkrlin would want to catch up on HO model tech.

So I assume that it is a breakdown in marketing and not a change to the model. But when I saw it removed from a dealer's website I checked with mother Märklin and it is no longer on their website either.

I hope that Märklin makes this more clear soon, although I probably won't buy until some people have them and have reviewed them anyway.

Oh, and thanks for the link I will watch it after I run some trains. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

Offline DasBert33  
#172 Posted : 04 March 2021 16:43:30(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
I recently acquired the Lineas class 66 #39062. A nice looking loco but the smoke has not convinced me. Not that it was too few smoke, on the contrary it is too much. I just let my loco run for 10 minutes with smoke, and then I had to evacuate the train room because of the smell and smoke. Even with the window open all night, I could still smell it the next day. So I won't be using this feature a lot in the future.

If only it had the piezo element with plain water, that would not have been as bad for your health (but bad for rusting crail pukos though). I want to save my lungcapacity for when I eventually catch the coronabug, which will probably happen sooner or later.

Maybe they should have copied the curve sensor and braking spark feature from ESU instead.

Bert
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DasBert33
Offline dickinsonj  
#173 Posted : 04 March 2021 17:09:57(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: DasBert33 Go to Quoted Post
I recently acquired the Lineas class 66 #39062. A nice looking loco but the smoke has not convinced me. Not that it was too few smoke, on the contrary it is too much.

It is interesting to hear that Bert. What I have found on most Märklin locos is too little smoke, and not too much.

I don't use the smoke feature a lot right now, but hopefully my new train room is going to have enough ventilation to allow me to use smoke when I want.

I agree about the curve sensor and the brake sparking features on ESU locos, both of which are very cool! They might have been better features for Märklin to copy.
Regards,
Jim

Offline bph  
#174 Posted : 04 March 2021 19:55:04(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Don't not why it's not listed on all, but as far as I know, they do have it.

That is good to hear, because it is a feature that I really want. The lighted control desk is cool - my ESU V200 already had both that and dynamic smoke years ago. So it seemed only reasonable that Mäkrlin would want to catch up on HO model tech.

So I assume that it is a breakdown in marketing and not a change to the model. But when I saw it removed from a dealer's website I checked with mother Märklin and it is no longer on their website either.

I hope that Märklin makes this more clear soon, although I probably won't buy until some people have them and have reviewed them anyway.

Oh, and thanks for the link I will watch it after I run some trains. ThumpUp

Yes, it's a nice model, and I'm quite happy with my CD 66 (39063). I do like the "extra" long-distance lights as well, thas are unique for the CD 66 and the new T66 (39068). I'm curious to see if Marklin also changes the snowplow on the T66 as they did with the CD 66. the "crippled" snowplow is the only minor downside. (i plan to modify at least one of the extra showcase plows included, so it works with a nem coupler.)

As for the smoke generator, it works fairly nice and does a reasonable job to mimic extra exhaust during acceleration. we will just have to wait for someone to develop some black smoke fluid.
the smoke generator part number in the paper manual, included with the locomotive, is the same as all the part numbers listed on the webpages. I don't think that it smokes that much, as a couple of Br53 also smoke a bit. But it seems to me that the ESU smoke oil is a bit more smelly than the marklin oil, haven't really compared them side by side, so I might be wrong.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline kiwiAlan  
#175 Posted : 18 April 2021 15:21:30(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Well, around now is usually when the Dortmund Model Show occurs, and that event usually heralds the publication of the Summer New Items.

There is no sign of any such publication on the Marklin web site. Does anyone have any news on when it is likely to arrive - or even if they are going to have a Summer edition?

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#176 Posted : 18 April 2021 16:59:59(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
The ICE 4 was very late (Piko beat them), but it too has been backordered. So was the new C turntable.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#177 Posted : 18 April 2021 17:22:14(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
The ICE 4 was very late (Piko beat them), but it too has been backordered. So was the new C turntable.

But they were both announced last year or earlier, I'm looking for an announcement this (northern) summer.
Offline ciobitud  
#178 Posted : 29 April 2021 19:21:14(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Well, around now is usually when the Dortmund Model Show occurs, and that event usually heralds the publication of the Summer New Items.

There is no sign of any such publication on the Marklin web site. Does anyone have any news on when it is likely to arrive - or even if they are going to have a Summer edition?

The Summer edition items will be unveiled on Tuesday, May 11th. Cool
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by ciobitud
Offline AntoinePrt  
#179 Posted : 30 April 2021 00:11:23(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
New 241 on the way Cool
#FrenchPower mouhahahahaha

A.

B049C3D9-A4DC-4D5B-80C9-36A72ED16B0B.jpeg
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by AntoinePrt
Offline klarinettmeister  
#180 Posted : 30 April 2021 00:18:07(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: AntoinePrt Go to Quoted Post
New 241 on the way Cool

A.

In think you're right. BigGrin
Then it's gonna be an even more expensive year.
Offline foumaro  
#181 Posted : 30 April 2021 04:53:59(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
The 39241 and 39243 are enough for me,they are amazing.I am running the 39243 with 42795,42795 and 42791.I would like to have wagons for 39241 too.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by foumaro
bph
Offline mike c  
#182 Posted : 30 April 2021 20:00:49(UTC)
mike c

Canada   

A lot of the older models (e.g. 3014) were available as kits. It came in a brown box with the shell, the frame and all of the components in little plastic bags and instructions on how to put them together. The 3014 was marketed as 3914.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#183 Posted : 30 April 2021 20:03:18(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: DasBert33 Go to Quoted Post
I recently acquired the Lineas class 66 #39062. A nice looking loco but the smoke has not convinced me. Not that it was too few smoke, on the contrary it is too much. I just let my loco run for 10 minutes with smoke, and then I had to evacuate the train room because of the smell and smoke. Even with the window open all night, I could still smell it the next day. So I won't be using this feature a lot in the future.
Bert

I have the same feeling every time I see a real diesel run by.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#184 Posted : 30 April 2021 20:11:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post
The 39241 and 39243 are enough for me,they are amazing.I am running the 39243 with 42795,42795 and 42791.I would like to have wagons for 39241 too.

Would you want coaches as currently operated with the historic version in Switzerland?
If not, you could pretty much use it with any type of historic consist.

https://www.rail-picture...f-141-r-1244-mikado.html
https://www.bahnbilder.d...erquert-am-14102012.html
https://www.bahnbilder.d...-schienenkreuzfahrt.html

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline foumaro  
#185 Posted : 30 April 2021 21:57:12(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I would like to have French coaches that run with the locomotive in era III or era IV.
Offline dickinsonj  
#186 Posted : 01 May 2021 01:17:02(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I would like to have wagons for 39241 too.

I hear that - my 241 pulls whatever it can find, but what it really needs are some classy coaches of its own. ThumpUp

Regards,
Jim

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline kimballthurlow  
#187 Posted : 01 May 2021 10:12:13(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
New 241 on the way Cool

Hello Antoine
The 241 may represent the epitome of SNCF power, but something run-of-the-mill would float my boat.

How about one of those Chapelon 240 (Tours Works) which were iconically French and quite unique.
Even 140 would do.
UserPostedImage

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline AntoinePrt  
#188 Posted : 02 May 2021 11:36:57(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
New 241 on the way Cool

Hello Antoine
The 241 may represent the epitome of SNCF power, but something run-of-the-mill would float my boat.

How about one of those Chapelon 240 (Tours Works) which were iconically French and quite unique.
Even 140 would do.
UserPostedImage

regards
Kimball

Hello Kimball

If you wish a 140C, I’ll suggest you to have a look at Jouef/Hornby. And then convert it to AC.

For Märklin, the closest possibility would be a 141R. As the 141R1244 is currently running in Switzerland. The 140C is « too french » to interest Märklin according to me. It would be difficult for them to make profit with a 140C mould.

We must keep in mind that the future models/shapes Märklin will issue have to be issued in various versions/colours to justify the development costs of a new mould.

A.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by AntoinePrt
Offline mike c  
#189 Posted : 03 May 2021 15:59:29(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I would like to have French coaches that run with the locomotive in era III or era IV.

The one time that I saw 141 R 1244 pulling a SNCF consist, it was hauling a rake of INOX coaches which were connected to Roco Switzerland.
I think those same coaches might have ended up in the possession of a group which was later connected to RailTop and operated in Austria alongside an ex-OBB 1020.

I think that those coaches are available from Jouef and possibly other manufacturers.

Regards

Mike C

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline river6109  
#190 Posted : 04 May 2021 11:21:37(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Huh

I have never heard of nor seen a 3900 series self assembly kit locomotive? Which are/were these?

they were offered up tho 1982, (I think) I've bought most of them but at the time I didn't lnow the numbering and I missed out on 3915 which was the crocodile., I've received 2 x 3924 (green DB BR E18), 2 x 3914 (SBB Re 4/4/1, 1 x 3911 (DB BR E 44), 2 x 3948 (BR 01), 2 x 3947 (DB BR 44)
they came in brown boxes.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/...64d92:g:zj0AAOSw1VFgMWCH
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline danmarklinman  
#191 Posted : 04 May 2021 11:25:19(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
For those of you looking for scale length HO stock, look at the REE coaches. I’ve tested some on my K track and they run fine except the curved points can give some issues. The coaches are very nice models and I would recommend the DEV coach types if your looking. But they are all scale length and are very detailed perhaps to much for taking on and off your layout. Having said that. The 241a is an est region loco and would have hauled ex German stock which Marklin have made and made well and much cheaper than REE.
I have some I’ve been trying to sell in the past👍
Also REE have made AC locos. But I’ve never seen these run on Marklin track so buyer be were!!!
Dan
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline jvuye  
#192 Posted : 04 May 2021 12:10:21(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
For those of you looking for scale length HO stock, look at the REE coaches. I’ve tested some on my K track and they run fine except the curved points can give some issues. The coaches are very nice models and I would recommend the DEV coach types if your looking. But they are all scale length and are very detailed perhaps to much for taking on and off your layout. Having said that. The 241a is an est region loco and would have hauled ex German stock which Marklin have made and made well and much cheaper than REE.
Also REE have made AC locos. But I’ve never seen these run on Marklin track so buyer be were!!!
Dan

I do have a couple of (3 rail) REE models running on my layout (a BB 68000 diesel and a CC 7100 electric)
Both are impeccable, and run beautifully , lots of details and interesting features. (For example the diesel has a start-up sequence where it projects a big cloud of smoke/steam ...just like the real thing !)
Excellent pulling power too.
When I look at the constructive details and equipment, I strongly suspect they are manufactured by the same people who are building equipment for ESU

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline danmarklinman  
#193 Posted : 04 May 2021 12:51:46(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
Dan

I do have a couple of (3 rail) REE models running on my layout (a BB 68000 diesel and a CC 7100 electric)
Both are impeccable, and run beautifully , lots of details and interesting features. (For example the diesel has a start-up sequence where it projects a big cloud of smoke/steam ...just like the real thing !)
Excellent pulling power too.
When I look at the constructive details and equipment, I strongly suspect they are manufactured by the same people who are building equipment for ESU

Did they require any work to run properly?
I would love a 67400 👍

Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline jvuye  
#194 Posted : 04 May 2021 16:36:39(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

I would love a 67400 👍

The diesel did not require any adjustment.
On the CC 7121 I decided to adjust the wheel spacing as a couple of axles were measuring around 14.1 mm, which caused some rough passages on curved C-track switches and cross switches.
After it was checked to 13.8 mm, everything is silky smooth. My 12 CIWL coaches (Rivarossi + LS models+ ROCO) "Train Bleu" consist is no sweat at all for her on 2.8 % spiral with R3 radius.

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline danmarklinman  
#195 Posted : 04 May 2021 17:04:45(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post

I would love a 67400 👍

The diesel did not require any adjustment.
On the CC 7121 I decided to adjust the wheel spacing as a couple of axles were measuring around 14.1 mm, which caused some rough passages on curved C-track switches and cross switches.
After it was checked to 13.8 mm, everything is silky smooth. My 12 CIWL coaches (Rivarossi + LS models+ ROCO) "Train Bleu" consist is no sweat at all for her on 2.8 % spiral with R3 radius.

Wow now I’m tempted 👍😆
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline Sankch  
#196 Posted : 04 May 2021 18:07:01(UTC)
Sankch

Originally Posted by: klarinettmeister Go to Quoted Post
New 241 on the way Cool

A.

In think you're right. BigGrin
Then it's gonna be an even more expensive year.

SNH2.jpg

Hi Everyone

I hope the attachment of my file worked. I just croped, photoshoped and increased the size of the original picture. So it shows that the steam engine has two small front wheels. Which leads me to think the idea of an 141R is dead... And I would love to see a 141R 568 or 1244, both are running in Switzerland.

This throw me back to a talk with my dealer a year ago; I was asking for a 141R1244 or 568. A year ago, he told me to wait. Now (at that time) that Marklin started with the 241A65, the mold would be used for 5 models, and after that we never know what would produce Märklin. But 1st, Märklin would bringt out those 5 steam engines.

So far we have these models:
SNCF 241 A 65 - 39241
SNCB Reihe 1 - 39480
EST 13 - 39243

Back to my edited picture, the front "bumper" looks red, and the sides of the steam engine looks to be green.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Sankch
bph
Offline kiwiAlan  
#197 Posted : 04 May 2021 18:32:25(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Sankch Go to Quoted Post

So far we have these models:
SNCF 241 A 65 - 39241
SNCB Reihe 1 - 39480
EST 13 - 39243

Well there is also the 39242, the "German" version of the 241A, with a german tender.

The 39480 doesn't use the 241 body, it is a different model altogether. But i would suspect the model in the picture may be a new issue of this one, possibly as an earlier version (guessing prewar+) - in which case the possibility of some suitable period coaches would be very good.

bph
Offline svgeorgiad  
#198 Posted : 04 May 2021 19:16:30(UTC)
svgeorgiad

Greece   
Dan

Hi Dan,
Here is a recently filmed video on my layout with R141 which is BTW really astonishing. It has no problem even in R1 curves although better to be used in R2and over. Also pulling power is good and she makes it nicely on my extremely intense slopes of my helices! And her features are really unique!
Enjoy...

Symeon
Symeon Georgiadis
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by svgeorgiad
Offline marklinist5999  
#199 Posted : 05 May 2021 01:29:31(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Very nice! This looks like the 1 scale locomotive Marklin makes.
Offline Sankch  
#200 Posted : 05 May 2021 10:10:49(UTC)
Sankch

Well there is also the 39242, the "German" version of the 241A, with a german tender.

The 39480 doesn't use the 241 body, it is a different model altogether. But i would suspect the model in the picture may be a new issue of this one, possibly as an earlier version (guessing prewar+) - in which case the possibility of some suitable period coaches would be very good.

Hi kiwiAlan,

thank you, I did not remember the 4th model of this serie (39242), and I knew I was missing one. Somehow the 39480 is part of the serie, even if it has not the same body. At least this is what I remember of the talk with my dealer. Now by googling deeper, I found a possible match to "green" & "the red so-shaped front bumper" The SNCF 241a59. Lemaco has produced it in N scale. But on 1:1 I can't get an history to this steam engine. Let's wait another 6 days...

Have a nice day

sank

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Sankch