Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rhfil  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2021 14:14:16(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I recently received a Rivarossi 0389 Henschel-Wegmann-Zug which did not have a manual or the odd couplers it requires. Is there anyone here who would have a shareable manual for it or the 0339 and a source for the couplers? Even any idea of how to take it apart would be helpful.
Offline Vanvlak  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2021 18:29:15(UTC)
Vanvlak

Malta   
I don't have one; but have you tried asking on the Ferramatori forum - http://www.ferramatori.it/forum/index.php ?
They have a section on Rivarossi, linked to Rivarossi Memory, a site dedicated to the memory of the Rivarossi brand (when it was Italian). The users are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Most posts are in Italian, but many users seem to understand English; I can help with translation if needed.

John
Offline rhfil  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2021 21:48:17(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
can't seem to join. What are the requirements for a sign in and password?
Offline Vanvlak  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2021 21:58:49(UTC)
Vanvlak

Malta   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
can't seem to join. What are the requirements for a sign in and password?

As far as I remember (it's been a while), yes, but I think you then need to confirm on receipt of an email.
This is also indicated in the FAQs for use of the board.
Offline scarfo  
#5 Posted : 30 January 2021 08:25:12(UTC)
scarfo

India   
Hi - sorry cant help you with a manual and I suspect the special coupling bar to couple with the first coach in the set is unique to this loco and only one was supplied in the set. However it's a standard nem socket just mounted vertically at each boogie end, so shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate from 2 couplings with nem prongs.
As for dismantling, the 4 buffer heads are metal spigots and pull out with a bit of gentle persuasion. This then releases the chassis from the body. Nothing too complicated about the drive, worm and gears to the 2 outer drive axles (the centre is along for the ride). The only potential long term problem that I can see is the rubber band drive from the motor to the lay shaft- who only knows how long this will last and if it's available as a spare part?
Hope this helps
Regards Charles from Goa
Offline rhfil  
#6 Posted : 30 January 2021 13:20:57(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Thanks to both of you. I was finally able to join the site by using a different browser. I prefer Firefox but some sites are just not completely compatible with it. Now I have to figure out how to start a topic. I thought those buffers might be the answer but did not dare put a lot of force on them. And the pockets are vertical. I have one of each coupler and know someone who has access to a 3D printer. If I can not find a source for either I may try to call on his technology
Offline Vanvlak  
#7 Posted : 30 January 2021 15:52:43(UTC)
Vanvlak

Malta   
Thanks to both of you. I was finally able to join the site by using a different browser. I prefer Firefox but some sites are just not completely compatible with it. Now I have to figure out how to start a topic. I thought those buffers might be the answer but did not dare put a lot of force on them. And the pockets are vertical. I have one of each coupler and know someone who has access to a 3D printer. If I can not find a source for either I may try to call on his technology

I would suggest you select the Rivarossi-Memory section on the home page to post your query, as this section is dedicated to all things Rivarossi.
When you clock on the heading of this section you get to the threads within; below the pale red information panel, at the right end, is a label with red letters indicating 'nuovo argomento*' (new topic*) - click on it, and you get a page similar to the one on this forum.
'titolo' is subject title
The main text area is obviously the body of text.
Below this are the following buttons:

'salva bozza' - save draft
'anteprima'- preview
'invia' - submit

The buttons to add links or images are symbols which should be identifiable. On that forum I appear as GianCB (which would be Giancarlo Betts, or John Charles Betts, my full name).

Offline rhfil  
#8 Posted : 30 January 2021 18:36:15(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Yes, I finally clicked on that out of desperation. I think it was the only thing that was not translated on the page and I thought it had something to do with "argument". I had already checked out the Rivarossi Memory site and have sorted through a number of the pages but when I searched for "0389" I received no hits. I even checked on the 1990 catalog but it did not show the model. I did find it in a group of German steam locos. I will keep searching in the site.
Offline rhfil  
#9 Posted : 30 January 2021 18:58:04(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I just found a schematic and a bit more detail on the couplings which they call "hook".
Offline Vanvlak  
#10 Posted : 31 January 2021 09:03:48(UTC)
Vanvlak

Malta   
I just found a schematic and a bit more detail on the couplings which they call "hook".

If I'm not mistaken, gancio, or aggancio.