Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Henrik_JO  
#1 Posted : 20 December 2020 18:10:23(UTC)
Henrik_JO

Finland   
Hello all

I have a question regarding ms2 controllers. Cant seem to get the slave to work?

Both master and slave are working great in their right plug in place, but when I add the second ms2 controller to the other plug in place it either show a märklin screen or when I change the conrollers vice versa/ other way around it shows both screen as OK, but slave controller is in STOP mode and it does not do anything when I press the stop button.

1.JPG2.JPG

Here you can see the other controller just "loading" Märklin screen as a slave and nothing happens

When you change the controllers both looks like the controller in right , but STOP is stuck and nothing happens. The right controller is working fine as a MASTER

Sorry for my english and Hopefully you can understand my problem.

These has worked fine before, but now there is something wrong, or I am not sure what to do right

Does it look like a problem with the latest version? these controllers are not up to date

If so I have a question regarding these controllers. Is it possible to update these with a PC? if you just find right cable and some program to do it?

Or do I just need to go to a local dealer. I have only these two controllers

Thank you for all your comments

And Happy Christmas
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 20 December 2020 19:29:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Henrik_JO Go to Quoted Post
Hello all

I have a question regarding ms2 controllers. Cant seem to get the slave to work?

Both master and slave are working great in their right plug in place, but when I add the second ms2 controller to the other plug in place it either show a märklin screen or when I change the conrollers vice versa/ other way around it shows both screen as OK, but slave controller is in STOP mode and it does not do anything when I press the stop button.

Here you can see the other controller just "loading" Märklin screen as a slave and nothing happens

When you change the controllers both looks like the controller in right , but STOP is stuck and nothing happens. The right controller is working fine as a MASTER

These has worked fine before, but now there is something wrong, or I am not sure what to do right

Does it look like a problem with the latest version? these controllers are not up to date

If so I have a question regarding these controllers. Is it possible to update these with a PC? if you just find right cable and some program to do it?

And Happy Christmas

You cannot update them from a PC.

The unit with the lower serial number is always the master. this is not determined by the sockets on the track box.

But it does sound like you have a mismatch in software versions between the ms2s and the track box. Why th etrack box is not being updated from the ms2 will need to be determined.

what is the software version of the ms2s? does it also show the track box software version?

Offline Henrik_JO  
#3 Posted : 20 December 2020 19:56:09(UTC)
Henrik_JO

Finland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Hello all

And Happy Christmas

You cannot update them from a PC.

The unit with the lower serial number is always the master. this is not determined by the sockets on the track box.

But it does sound like you have a mismatch in software versions between the ms2s and the track box. Why th etrack box is not being updated from the ms2 will need to be determined.

what is the software version of the ms2s? does it also show the track box software version?

Hi

Thank you for a quick response

I think below is the versio for ms2

SW: V 1.68

When I try to update railbox it says update no appropriate file found

What might be the version number for rail box?

Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 20 December 2020 20:21:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Hi

But what about the other ms2?

I don't know what is an appropriate software version for the trackbox for that ms2 software.

But your ms2 software is very low in revision, the current level is 3.55.
Offline Henrik_JO  
#5 Posted : 20 December 2020 21:06:54(UTC)
Henrik_JO

Finland   

Hi

I don't know what is an appropriate software version for the trackbox for that ms2 software.

Thank you

I checked the slave and it shows 1.81. So it seems that somehow the slave has different versio number???

I think the problem is there? No idea how it can be a newer version. I had to repair one of these years ago so maybe it is this one and they updated the version during that time.

Well dont know if I can send this update to the other controller because the slave dont give me any access.

Maybe it is time to visit some shop....

Thanks

and if there is still some ideas please tell

Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 20 December 2020 21:42:52(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Hi

Thank you

I checked the slave and it shows 1.81. So it seems that somehow the slave has different versio number???

I think the problem is there? No idea how it can be a newer version. I had to repair one of these years ago so maybe it is this one and they updated the version during that time.

Well dont know if I can send this update to the other controller because the slave dont give me any access.

Maybe it is time to visit some shop....

Thanks

and if there is still some ideas please tell

Do note that when the software is updated (you only need to get one updated, when you get home the other one and the track box will update from it) that there will be some significant differences in how it operates, and you will need to refer to the new manual on how to use it.
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 21 December 2020 09:21:53(UTC)
H0

Take the MS2 with the 1.81 software and check the menu. There should be a menu item that allows to update the track box and there should be a menu item to update the other MS2.
Version 1.81 is buggy and IIRC you need at least 1.83 to use new mfx+ decoders.
But you should have fewer problems if both units are on 1.81 and the trackbox version fits the 1.81 level.

The latest version is 3.112, available on CS3.
3.55 is the newest version available on CS2.

To update the MS2, bring it together with a CS2, CS3, or MS2 that has a newer version (friends, dealer, mail it to a forum member, ...).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage