Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 05 December 2020 00:02:27(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
When a digital lok has the above description in its list of digital functions - what does it mean?
Offline Bogenschütze  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2020 08:48:18(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
My V60 (37861) has this function. I'm still quite a newbie with Marklin but this is what I've discovered about this function.

When this function is activated from my MS2, the engine sound increases and the lok slowly backs up a few millimetres to slacken the coupler tension between itself and the wagon. The engine noise returns to tickover and the Telex coupler disengages with the accompanying "clunking" sounds. The loco then revs up again and moves forward a couple of centimetres leaving its train behind. You can then take normal control and move the loco off to its next job.

I still haven't found a permanent home for my layout yet so I have to operate it as a carpetbahn when the spare bedroom is free. Since I discovered this neat feature, I spend most of my operating sessions shunting and making up new freight consists rather than watching my passenger trains chasing their tail round and round.

Such fun!
Marklin - "The train set I never had as a child."
Keith Bowman
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bogenschütze
Offline Rwill  
#3 Posted : 05 December 2020 11:30:09(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Thanks for your reply -its kind of what I thought.

But what puzzled me was looking through the M web site I saw 39422 a Swiss Re 4/4 due out shortly. One of the functions is "switching manoeuvre". Now this lok has no telex and I would not naturally describe it as a shunting lok which caused me to ask the question.
Offline Bogenschütze  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2020 12:18:04(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
I think that must be an error on Marklin's web page. As you say, the product overview for 39422 does list "Switching Manoeuvre" as a function. However, the Manual lists it at F16 labelling it as "Low Speed Switching Range".

So, no automated "coupling dance" routine available for the Re 4/4, just a limited acceleration and speed range option.
Marklin - "The train set I never had as a child."
Keith Bowman
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 05 December 2020 22:33:20(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
We are talking about "Kupplungswalzer" (Walz of couplers): a functionality appeared with new mSD3 (and mLD3 but not sure)
So on locos like the 37861 V60 Diesel loco there is a function called Kupplungswalzer F14 that will work only with the sound desactivated (F2 OFF)
More information in German about this here https://www.maerklin.de/fileadmi...6_Special_MM_2016_06.pdf
This function allows - with a CS2 or CS3 - to program a sequence of orders / actions stored in the loco decoder that will later be activated by the selected function key (even using an MS2).
So, in short, with an MS2 you may only read the Walz of couplers while with a CS2 or CS3 you may create your own (example: go backwards speed x during y seconds, then stop, activate the rear Telex for 2 seconds while going forward 4 seconds)
Cheers
Jean

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Rwill  
#6 Posted : 06 December 2020 11:16:26(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Thanks Jean

Whilst I agree with your response about the "coupler dance" on the V60 which also features on the later 39690 which has the "new" telex coupler - I have considered buying one that was not what my original post was about.

On the Marklin website many of the currently available loks list a feature called Switching Manoeuvre I gave one example above. They repeat it on the list of digital functions but when you get to the manual it is difficult to determine which function if any fits the description of switching manoeuvre if I knew what that was. That was my question.