Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Zme  
#1 Posted : 04 December 2013 15:29:04(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello. Has anyone seen this sound module in operation on the Marklin z Railbus? Does anyone know where this is available or how it is done? I recently saw it on YouTube. Wow it is great. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
Offline Zme  
#2 Posted : 07 December 2013 15:48:12(UTC)
Zme

United States   
https://m.youtube.com/#/...nenbus%20sound&sm=1. Here is a link to the youtube. I would like to setup a sound module for my z scale railbus.

Thanks
Offline hgk  
#3 Posted : 08 December 2013 02:53:57(UTC)
hgk

Hi,
The link took me to a generic youtube page. Is the link correct?
thanks,
George
Offline xxup  
#4 Posted : 08 December 2013 03:06:32(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
This might work for you.. Cool

Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Zme  
#5 Posted : 08 December 2013 04:36:28(UTC)
Zme

United States   

This is a simple view which has the sound device connected at the track terminal. Just find this to be an interesting option I would like to try.

What do you think was done for this?

Thanks.
Offline hgk  
#6 Posted : 08 December 2013 04:52:44(UTC)
hgk

Adrian thanks for the video attachment.
fwiw- To the OP, in his other steam engine video he says he is using a "tran" brand of decoder which has some links in google search.

-George
Offline blid  
#7 Posted : 24 August 2020 10:39:05(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I have followed the thread “Brush fell of” and Chris is not the only one that is tempted to get a railbus. But I want it with DCC and sound (I was triggered to restart Z by a video of a Freudenreich TMY with DCC and sound). Do you now know how to get DCC and sound into the railbuses?
blid
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 24 August 2020 17:15:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: d_landen@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post
Hello. Has anyone seen this sound module in operation on the Marklin z Railbus? Does anyone know where this is available or how it is done? I recently saw it on YouTube. Wow it is great. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

If you are looking to retrofit sound to a Z scale unit then you probably should look at a Loksound 5 Micro. That should be small enough to fit without too much problem.
Offline Zme  
#9 Posted : 24 August 2020 19:24:05(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello, thanks for reviving this subject, there seems to be renewed interest in this now.

Fair warning, I don't have a digital setup and have no experience with it. If you need to know what to buy or how to setup such a module, I don't know anything about this yet. I hope the following will offer some further information regarding your question. Perhaps with your own research, you will come up with a solution and can assist the rest of us

Here is a link to a three year old YouTube regarding a digital with sound setup on a Z scale railbus:

In three years, I am certain there has been a significant improvement in these components, but this may give you a starting point. When the poster was asked what module he was using this was his reply:

"This is an SD18A from Doehler and Haass, the loudspeaker and the sound project are also from Doehler and Haass.
The motor car was de-energized and the power from the front sidecar was then switched to the rear where the decoder was simply inserted. Then lead the current from the decoder to the motor. Since the engine has to be insulated, the grinders in the motor vehicle had to give way, which only slouched around an eyelet and there could have been problems driving. Both sidecars were weighted down with tungsten putty. Unfortunately, photos are currently not possible, but can be viewed at the Z-Stammtisch Rhein-Main in Wiesbaden. I usually have it with me."

Notice there are three busses needed to make this setup work. If the previous post mentions a unit which is smaller and less complex this may be an advantage. Here is a link to the decoder used, notice a railbus sound project can be added.

https://doehler-haass.de...te/soundsystem/sd18a.php

Perhaps this company now has an even better solution.

Here is another video with only two railbuses used, but the module is not mentioned:

One recent development in the Marklin Schienenbus is the seating and new motor. I am not certain how this impacts the decoders which can be installed. Smaller may definitely be necessary and I have not seen any digital discussions with the new 88167 busses.

If I am not correct on this information, I apologize. Just trying to add to or encourage this discussion. If I am wrong, please post what you know or have experience with.

Best wishes I will move into digital one day.

Dwight

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Zme
Offline Zme  
#10 Posted : 24 August 2020 23:49:32(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hi again

This older YouTube shows the module actually inside the railbus.

Thanks

Dwight
Offline blid  
#11 Posted : 25 August 2020 12:06:06(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Thanks for the postings. I am not capable of doing this kind of installations. I surprised myself by replacing a DigiTrax DZ123Z0 board in a AZL GP30 and I can still get these little ones on the tracks most of the time. My only contribution is that Velmo, https://velmo.de/html/-_cross_reference.html, makes a lot of decoder boards for Marklin Z. Unfortunately not for the railbuses.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline Zme  
#12 Posted : 25 August 2020 16:42:21(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello

The link to D&H mentions customer service assistance. There are good comments about this on the site and they suggest contacting them for help. Perhaps they may do the install for you. You could try this and let’s us know what happens.

Best wishes

Dwight
Offline Zme  
#13 Posted : 01 September 2020 03:15:50(UTC)
Zme

United States   

Hello Blid

I located someone who says they install Decoder Modules in Bad Essen, Germay, about 13 hours from Stockholm. Here is the website you may want to consider:

https://www.z-doktor.de/content/10-reparaturen

Z Doktor I have heard, is a regular at the train shows in Germany and fixes z train issues while you wait. The website mentions repairs are done for free at the shop.

Interesting, and perhaps a possibility for you if the charges for Decoder installs are reasonable.

Best wishes

Dwight

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Zme
Offline blid  
#14 Posted : 08 September 2020 15:18:55(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I emailed ”Der Z-Doktor” and the answer was that he don't have the 88167 so he don't know if there is space enough. I was asking about placing the decoder and speaker in the trailing car without removing the interior.
To me it seems impossible but the Freudenreich TMY has it so maybe. I intended to go Swedish and American for digital Z anyway.
blid
Offline Zme  
#15 Posted : 08 September 2020 16:24:22(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hi. Well you got their input.

Likely doing this without seat removal is impossible right now. The seats take up so much space there is no room for the module. I have not taken mine apart to see how the seats are fitted. They are likely similar to Modelplant’s seat add in. If so, it is just plastic seating inserted into the shell. In the past, these could only be installed in the trailer. Here is a link to see what I am mentioning

https://www.modelplant.e...chtungen/product-29.html

Removing the seats would take away from this detailed interior. This might be the price you would have to pay for the addition of digital features.

Is this your only railbus? The older models just have a flat metal tray in the trailer and no seats. Seems like enough space. In time, the modules will get smaller and more likely fit. We are just not there yet.

Experimenting with a new model railbus would cause me concern and worry. Would not want to lose your new model in an experiment gone wrong.

It may be possible to get the railbus sound files from a source different than the module at some point. I don’t know if the two mentioned would have it. This site sells sound files for example, there may be others.

https://retired.sounddog...categoryID=39&Type=1 We do not know what may be possible now or in the future (i did not find railbus sounds here)

Thanks for sharing.

Take good care

Dwight
Offline blid  
#16 Posted : 08 September 2020 16:57:47(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Thank you Dwight. I don't have the railbus but would have if I knew that DCC and Sound was possible.
Offline Zme  
#17 Posted : 08 September 2020 19:13:03(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Oh okay

It is just not available on the new model yet. As can be seen on YouTube, it is in fact being done. with the older model. The older model might be an option with a 5 pole motor, it is smooth and quiet. EBay may sell one cheap and this would provide a learning experience. The new shell could be swapped to the old frame as this has not changed. I have checked for the five pole replacement motor and it is out of stock it seems everywhere. You would need to purchase a railbus with this five pole motor or accept the performance of the three pole motor.

Just a thought.

Dwight

Edited by user 10 September 2020 05:54:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Zme  
#18 Posted : 26 February 2021 02:39:21(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello. It has been a while but here is a digital module in a new model Railbus. Looks like a tight fit.

Progress however slight, is still progress

Dwight
Offline blid  
#19 Posted : 27 February 2021 13:42:41(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Dwight,
Thank you! Now I know that, with the right skills, it is possible. Unfortunately I don't have them and my local dealer's workshop is overloaded with jobs. I will have a chat with him anyway and ask him if he wants to check the video. You never know.
blid