Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Garoux  
#1 Posted : 29 July 2020 09:58:54(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Hello! Can you tell me if I got a good idea?
May I pick up the power from the Tracks to give the two poles needed by the switch and his contactor?
I put my question before to do a dangerous mistake.
Thank you for your attention.
Regards.
Alain.

Offline pederbc  
#2 Posted : 29 July 2020 12:41:47(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Hi Alain,

Yes you can, if you feed a switch decoder that in turn perform the switching. I assume you’re running digital...

If you’re running analog then it’s not a good idea as the voltage will differ depending on the speed you’re currently manouver the lok with.

Best regards, Peder
Offline Garoux  
#3 Posted : 29 July 2020 13:42:28(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Originally Posted by: pederbc Go to Quoted Post
Hi Alain,

Yes you can, if you feed a switch decoder that in turn perform the switching. I assume you’re running digital...

Best regards, Peder

Thank you for your answer. effectively, I try to use the CS2 Digital Marklin. Be full of care. I said 'I try to use CS2' Because I encounter many difficulties to use it!

Offline Garoux  
#4 Posted : 02 August 2020 12:59:11(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Originally Posted by: Garoux Go to Quoted Post
Hello! Can you tell me if I got a good idea?
May I pick up the power from the Tracks to give the two poles needed by the switch and his contactor?
I put my question before to do a dangerous mistake.
Thank you for your attention.
Regards.
Alain.

Hello!
I am disappointed because it was not a good idea.
Why? -> Because the power is not sufficient
Regards.

Offline pederbc  
#5 Posted : 02 August 2020 20:03:20(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Hi Alain,

Can you tell us what track system you’re using? M, K or C?

Since you’re using the CS2 you have about 4A output. If you where to use the C-track switches you can use the switchdecoders from Märklin that is built-in to the switch. Even if you use many of these the CS2 will still only switch one at the time.

So show us what you have....

Br, Peder
Offline Garoux  
#6 Posted : 03 August 2020 09:54:38(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Hi Alain,

Can you tell us what track system you’re using? M, K or C?

Br, Peder

I use track C.
In french because my English is not good enough either

C'est le nombre d'ampères utilisable dans la voie qui n'est pas suffisant our les moteurs d'aiguillage.
J'ai fait un essai avec un vieux transfo de 36 VA et ça marche pour le mème aiguillage.

Dans l'aiguillage, je n'ai pas de décodeur reconnaissable par la CS2. J'ai simùplement monté un moteur d'aiguille avec 3 fils : 2 bleu, Un jaune
Offline pederbc  
#7 Posted : 03 August 2020 11:24:45(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Hi,

My french is definitely worse than your english😀. Which powersupply are you using with the CS2?
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 03 August 2020 12:06:58(UTC)
H0

Since you’re using the CS2 you have about 4A output.
The output is 2.4 A, 3.0 A, or 5.0 A respectively.
If it is 2.4 A only, then digital current should be used sparingly.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Garoux  
#9 Posted : 05 August 2020 19:39:29(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Hi,

My french is definitely worse than your english😀. Which powersupply are you using with the CS2?

I have a network about 25 meters with track type C. I connected a CS2 60657->module 60116 -> track C . This is for digital locomotives.
For switches,decouplers and others I have three transformers : First a Marklin (50224) 32 VA not connected to the Track C but supporting switches. secondly a fleischman,thirdly a Titan (type 807) for light signals and as soon as possible mechanical, I hope so . My purpose was to reduce the network of cables by using the power in the tracks.
I know that digitals solutions exist. But I am a beginner in the Marklin World and in my opinion the tools for digitals are expensive.
Look for example the price of a connecting box compared to the price of a electronic pushbuttonBored
I live far from the big cities and If I decide to buy a digital module. I have only the solution to buy with Internet but without help to implement it.
Sorry, my answer was a little bit too long. but it is clear nowFlapper

Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 05 August 2020 20:38:18(UTC)
H0

I connected a CS2 60657 [...]
Sorry, my answer was a little bit too long. but it is clear nowFlapper
The 60657 is an MS2, not a CS2.
The track output of the MS2 track box is only 1.9 A. Using track power for turnouts can lead to problems if you run trains with a high power consumption.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Martti Mäntylä  
#11 Posted : 08 August 2020 18:53:31(UTC)
Martti Mäntylä

Finland   
Running 25 meters of track with just 1.9 amperes is borderline, and it is not surprising that switches don't get sufficient voltage to operate. My solution in a similar situation (albeit with 50 meters of track) was to deploy two 6604 Delta units as boosters. This also enabled me to run additional trains.
- Martti M.
Era III analog & digital (Rocrail, CAN Digital Bahn, Gleisbox/MS2, K83/K84), C & M tracks, some Spur 1
Offline hxmiesa  
#12 Posted : 08 August 2020 20:39:01(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Originally Posted by: Martti Mäntylä Go to Quoted Post
Running 25 meters of track with just 1.9 amperes is borderline, and it is not surprising that switches don't get sufficient voltage to operate. My solution in a similar situation (albeit with 50 meters of track) was to deploy two 6604 Delta units as boosters. This also enabled me to run additional trains.

Maybe I am missing something, but the actual LENGTH of the track has absolutely nothing to do with how many loks and accessories you can run. Just install extra feeder-points for every 2 meters.
With good thick cables you can run your loco on a 1000 meters of tracks with 1,9Amps.

Edited by user 09 August 2020 00:23:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline Martti Mäntylä  
#13 Posted : 09 August 2020 01:23:48(UTC)
Martti Mäntylä

Finland   
Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post

Maybe I am missing something, but the actual LENGTH of the track has absolutely nothing to do with how many loks and accessories you can run. Just install extra feeder-points for every 2 meters.
With good thick cables you can run your loco on a 1000 meters of tracks with 1,9Amps.

All other things being equal, this is true. However, why would anyone lay up 1000 meters of track to run, say, two trains?

Our new friend did not offer other indications of the complexity of his layout except the overall length of the tracks, so I was thinking of this as a proxy of the overall complexity of his setup. I think it is not unreasonable to expect that track length correlates with the number of accessories present and the number of trains one endeavours to run.

Adding additional feeder points is in any case sound practice, and it may well be enough to solve the problem Garoux was having.
- Martti M.
Era III analog & digital (Rocrail, CAN Digital Bahn, Gleisbox/MS2, K83/K84), C & M tracks, some Spur 1
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Martti Mäntylä
Offline Garoux  
#14 Posted : 11 August 2020 09:28:10(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post

All other things being equal, this is true. However, why would anyone lay up 1000 meters of track to run, say, two trains?

Our new friend did not offer other indications of the complexity of his layout except the overall length of the tracks, so I was thinking of this as a proxy of the overall complexity of his setup. I think it is not unreasonable to expect that track length correlates with the number of accessories present and the number of trains one endeavours to run.

Adding additional feeder points is in any case sound practice, and it may well be enough to solve the problem Garoux was having.

Merci pour ces indications.
for my circuit, you can imagine a racket with a double way as handle. This double way contain two right switches.No digital accessories.
Anyway, I noticed that Marklin works best on circular circuits. And...... My circuit is not circular!
[So, I decided to take the power from an other Power box.I forgot my problem about cable length and number[/i]
Thank you for your attention
Offline PeFu  
#15 Posted : 11 August 2020 09:59:55(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Anyway, I noticed that Marklin works best on circular circuits.

Pardon my French, but... how did you come to that conclusion? Smile

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Garoux  
#16 Posted : 13 August 2020 09:50:56(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
Anyway, I noticed that Marklin works best on circular circuits.

Pardon my French, but... how did you come to that conclusion? Smile

This conclusion appeared from my expérience.
First, I bought a starting kit with a simple circle. After, I bought a loco which run immediately and perfectly around this circle.
I bought an other starting box with switches and new straights tracks.
I layed these news tracks without isolation making a network no circular. Perfectly joined.
When I put the loco upon the tracks. She seems shy. All sounds are perfects but she run 0.50 m or 1m and stop. Sometimes she run and return along the network without stoping. Confused
Offline hxmiesa  
#17 Posted : 17 August 2020 12:32:02(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
When I put the loco upon the tracks. She seems shy.

I think she just needs to grow up... ;-)

"Circular track" is not the issue. Your symptoms seems to indicate other problems.
First; If you have 2 starter-sets, you should ONLY use one starter-box, and connect both MS2 to that box.
If you connect both trackboxes, you will indeed need to isolate both 0 and power ("0" and "B"). -And even THEN you can run into problem, when some rolling stock bridge the two power-sections.

I´m pretty sure the issue here is to just add MORE feeder connections.

PS: Martti; Not wrong or even "unlikely" in installing 1000 meters of track to run a couple of trains! BigGrin -You could do it in a garden layout, f.x.

Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com