Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nygma  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2020 10:35:39(UTC)
nygma

Hungary   
Dear Modellers,

After building up my collection from mostly Marklin rolling stock, I decided to add something my own. I really like open gondola wagons and I have a few spare Marklin bogies, so I decided to build a Eams wagon. It is shorter than the usual and still very popular Eas and has a skirt which makes it more interesting if you ask me. I think this is fairly unique to Hungarian Railways, and maybe it was also used in Poland. Nowhere else I cam tell.
Let me attach some reference photos here of the prototypes running around nowadays.
23-2.jpg

Hodmezovasarhely_H-RCH_Eams_31_55_5993_353-8_teherkocsi_2017-12-02.JPG

This is how it looked without the skirts.
20200405_142445.jpg

And now the final model. Final mean I all the metal parts are on. These are laser cut mild steel parts, cut from 3mm, 1.5mm and 0.5mm gauge plates. Everything is soldered together with CA glue, I found Bison Industrial glue in my local hardware store which appears to be strong enough and holds up to the elements. As it is now, without further decoration and bogie, it weights 1.5 kilos. Nice.
20200408_000237.jpg

And doing some test runs around the track.
20200410_143901.jpg

20200410_143824.jpg

Next step is to apply paint and decay, but I also want to ask where I can get details for it. Like buffers, hooks, step ladders, break wheel. Could you recommend where I could start looking?
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by nygma