Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Amir  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2020 11:31:10(UTC)
Amir

Israel   
Hi, I am quite new to the Märklin digital world. I received from my grandfather the affection for Märklin. And unfortunately, in Israel the field of Märklin is very weak and undeveloped.
So, I contacted a Märklin dealership in Israel to get help with designing my layout and for purchasing the electronics parts. Unfortunately, in the meantime, the dealership has closed. And I was left with no help, and with a few questions
I have a Märklin CS3 +, rails are "K track", and compatible electronics. The locomotives I have are:
Locomotive BR89-006 (Märklin 3000) which has been upgraded by the agent in Israel and now has Märklin 60972 decoder.
Locomotive BR 245 (PIKO 52519)
Locomotive DB-212 (Märklin 33723) Delta Locomotive Not Upgraded

I read in the forum about some problems I have but unfortunately, I did not find the answer that Help me.
I have signaling headlights (76491 and 70391) plus I have a Braking Module (72442) for each headlight. I connected as shown in the diagram when brown-red wire (number 5) and yellow wire (number 3) go to transformer Märklin 6671 for connecting wire number 3 to 'L' and wire number 5 to 'B'.
PIC.PNGmy

Sadly, it doesn't work out for me. I have checked and double-checked, and I do not have a circuit in any of the braking sections but when I connect them to the braking interface (72442) I get voltage (probably a circuit within the device).
In addition, the locomotives do not respond to the Braking Module and do not stop or slow down.
Where am I wrong?
Is my problem with wiring or locomotive settings?
I'll be glad to receive your help.
Offline foumaro  
#2 Posted : 06 April 2020 12:59:32(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Have you separate the three braking sections of tracks with marklin 74030 item?
Offline foumaro  
#3 Posted : 06 April 2020 13:19:47(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Offline Amir  
#4 Posted : 06 April 2020 13:27:50(UTC)
Amir

Israel   
Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post

I use K Track, I separate the Three braking sepctions with Marklin 7522.
When the track is not connected to the Braking Module have insulation between the three sections
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 06 April 2020 15:53:30(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Amir Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post

I use K Track, I separate the Three braking sepctions with Marklin 7522.
When the track is not connected to the Braking Module have insulation between the three sections

You have to make sure that the isolator is actually isolating the tracks and the easiest way to find out use a multimeter between tracks

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline ocram63_uk  
#6 Posted : 06 April 2020 16:01:10(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
what exactly happens when you have a RED light on the semaphore ? the locos stop or keep moving ? accelerate all of a sudden ?
what happens when you have a GREEN light ?
Offline Amir  
#7 Posted : 06 April 2020 16:08:40(UTC)
Amir

Israel   
Originally Posted by: ocram63_uk Go to Quoted Post
what exactly happens when you have a RED light on the semaphore? the locos stop or keep moving? accelerate all of a sudden?
what happens when you have a GREEN light?

The locomotives ignore the signal of a semaphore. And they continue to travel at the same speed (no stopping, no speed increase, no slowing down).

I checked several times that the segments were isolated. When one of the segments is disconnected from the Braking Module (72442) I have no voltage in the disconnected segment.

Maybe I have a problem with locomotive settings?
Offline river6109  
#8 Posted : 06 April 2020 17:27:24(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
they don't stop in either setting: go and stop ?
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Amir  
#9 Posted : 06 April 2020 21:03:13(UTC)
Amir

Israel   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
they don't stop in either setting: go and stop ?

Yes, my three locomotives don't stop in "Go" (Green) or Stop (Red).

Could it be something in the settings of the locomotives or the semaphore?
Offline mvd71  
#10 Posted : 06 April 2020 21:16:46(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
If your isolation in the track is good as you say, then all locos should stop in the last section at least. Can you disconnect the brake module from the track and measure its output when the signal is in each phase?

The braking module uses the three sections as follows:

1. Transition section- to seperate the baking area from your normal track
2. Braking section.- digital signal is removed but basic power remains
3. Emergency dead section- no digital signal, no power. Used to stop a loco that did not slow and stop in time.

When your signal is in the stop position, the first section output to the first section should measure the same as what you get on the rest of your track.
You should see no power in the third section, and "reduced" power in the second. In the second section what is actually happening is the module is removing the digital signal from the positive or top half of what is effectively a square wave (if you were to look at it with an oscilloscope you would see a half a square wave in the negative or lower half). When a Marklin decoder sees no digital signal, it reads it as a command to slow down and stop.

Just to be clear, your delta loco will stop in the second section as it has no accelerate/deccel function, and I'm not sure about your piko loco as I'm not familiar with what decoder it may have.

Hope this helps. Perhaps some pictures of your installation and how you have isolated the track may help us better understand what is happening?

Cheers....

Mike
Offline franciscohg  
#11 Posted : 07 April 2020 02:32:03(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello
i assume that when you say "red" and "green" they signal is actually working and changing the light, not only change the setting in the CS3.
If so, have you tried to make it work in the more basic configuration with no braking module, just stop and go?
If the signal works properly, have tried the braking module alone, with no signal and connected just to a M/K 83 controlled by your CS3 keyboard? Braking module can also be tested by means of pushbuttons.
I your signal is not working properly, have you checked that adresses and selected protocols are congruent?
With those test you may identify if some of the items is not working properly.
When everything is working OK, your Maerklin decoder loco should brake correctly.
Your Delta loco should stop just in the 3rd section.
Your Piko loco may be equipped with an ESU decoder (check CV 8---->151) if equipped exfactory should the settings be ok with maerklin braking module, but check your manual and correct the CV settings in the decoder, happened to me with Brawa equipped with an ESU decoder.
Here you can see how the braking module actually works and perhaps build your own

http://www.floodland.nl/...nfo_afremmodule_en_1.htm

Hope that helps
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Gerard G H  
#12 Posted : 08 April 2020 14:42:12(UTC)
Gerard G H

Netherlands   
You write that you have connected wire 5 to ‘B’ of transformer Märklin 6671.
This should be wire 6.
Wire 5 has to be connected to signal module connection 5.