Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline JanN  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2020 11:15:35(UTC)
JanN

Czech Republic   
Hello

Have issue with the new locomotive 55384 – which is unfortunately without guaranty list because is taken form the „second hand“

All the functions work properly without trouble – except the main noise (function F2).
When the locomotive stand it is doing all what use to do – adding coil, pumping water – but when it run no sound is presented ( like moving of the pistons and opening of the valves).
When I turn the switch for running – the sound of brakes release follow but nothing more, wheels are turning and silent all around.-/

My feeling is that the decoder is not getting impulses from the wheels – decoder does not know that the locomotive is running.
Few options I can think about – that the system of the synchronisation on the wheel axe is malfunction (relay broken or magnets missing?) or that the cable connection in between decoder and the wheels sensor is broken. Cables seems to by tiny and brittle and probably could be simply damaged on the edge of connector or pulled out from connector – I believe that mistake is there on the „cable line“

Is there any method how to check what is going On?
Is there anywhere available scheme which cable in connector have which function (to try to make the bridge over)
Any other idea whet to do to run with main sound?

Thanks for help
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2020 11:30:12(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Norme Morop 21 Pin Digital.pdf (2,974kb) downloaded 8 time(s).Hi JanN
I don't have this loco but a BR45 in HO with this feature.
You are right I would check:
- the continuity of the 2 (black?) wires coming from the hall transistor
- verify with an Ohmmeter/multimeter that the 2 wires are not shorted (very low resistor between them)
- verify the decoder input by placing for a brief moment a 100 Ohm resistor between the 2 wires coming from the hall transistor. This should make a steam noise
According to Morop standard on 21 pins interface, the sensor input are on pin 1 and 2 (see the morop standard I attach)
I hope this helps
Cheers
Jean