Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline phernadi  
#1 Posted : 15 February 2020 15:34:44(UTC)
phernadi

Hungary   
Hi there,

I am playing with an old Marklin steamer - BR81 - where the motor has been replaced to a 5 pole motor and I need to install a 60906 decoder. I have the installation diagram but it shows wiring to the old motor.

Now I did soldered red to center conductor, brown to the chassis (on motor), blue and green to motor as it needs to be soldered. My CS1 and MS2 recognised the decoder and it functions but the loc does not move, the motor does not go.

What have I missed to solder? I don't want to continue the work until I see everything is okay with the motor, so I stucked here.

Many thanks for the support in advance!
Offline mvd71  
#2 Posted : 15 February 2020 16:18:49(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi,

the 60906 decoder is designed to work with the old type of motors, I.e. AC motors. There is not a five pole AC motor for the br81, only five pole with a dc motor. Please post a picture of the loco so we can see the motor fitted. You may be using the wrong decoder/motor combination.

Cheers....

Mike
Offline phernadi  
#3 Posted : 15 February 2020 16:35:17(UTC)
phernadi

Hungary   
Mike, thank you!

It seems 60906 has no motor control which was not clear for me. Now I replaced the old motor (not the permanent magnet type 5 pole) soldered M 60906 and it works. Maybe 60941,943, 944 is not compatible with this decoder. As it has red, brown, black, blue and green cables to solder for feeding electricity and run motor. It is not an issue just wondered why the 5 pole motor with permanent magnet is not run with this decoder. I will attach a picture soon. Many thanks!
Offline mvd71  
#4 Posted : 15 February 2020 21:22:34(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Sounds like you have it sorted out. You are right the 60906 is for the old classic Marklin motors. There is a five pole with the AC motor, and I have used this with the 60906 and gotten good results ( if anyone asks why, because I can is why).

The other five pole motors you have mentioned would use a Marklin lok decoder or a sound decoder.

Cheers....

Mike.

P.s. Guys on the forum might like a video of it running if you feel inclined.