Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline SBB_CFF_FFS  
#1 Posted : 03 January 2020 02:59:15(UTC)
SBB_CFF_FFS

United States   
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if such a thing is made by Marklin or anyone else? What I mean by circuit track with digital decoder is a circuit track (like 24994) with a built-in digital decoder that you add to your layout and it is recognized and controlled by your digital controller (I have the CS3...). If you can have a digital turnouts, surely you can have a digital sensor track?

I know that you can connect the analog circuit track to your digital setup (CS3) via the S88...

Thanks!
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 03 January 2020 05:23:57(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I guess you mean that you would like to see the functionality of the S88 type module - which actually isn’t a decoder - built into the respective circuit track? And maybe feedback reported via ”red” power instead of the special feedback module connection cable? (or Ethernet cable)

Yep, that would ofcourse save a lot of wiring for e.g. carpet layouts. But I’ve never heard of such product existing...

Blushing
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline SBB_CFF_FFS  
#3 Posted : 04 January 2020 01:27:49(UTC)
SBB_CFF_FFS

United States   
Hi PeFu,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes! That's the idea, have the circuit track communicate digitally with the mobile or central station like the digital turnouts currently do. It would save running lots of wire and just simply things when you're going fully digital...

Does anyone know if Marklin scan these forums. Maybe they could take this up as a future product suggestion...

Cheers!
Offline PeFu  
#4 Posted : 04 January 2020 09:57:12(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: SBB_CFF_FFS Go to Quoted Post
Hi PeFu,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes! That's the idea, have the circuit track communicate digitally with the mobile or central station like the digital turnouts currently do. It would save running lots of wire and just simply things when you're going fully digital...

Does anyone know if Marklin scan these forums. Maybe they could take this up as a future product suggestion...

Cheers!

I believe any next generation of Digital Systems will be wireless based, following the Internet of Things (IoT) trend. In this case hopefully not by charging our poor homerouters - that only have the capacity to manage a few units - but by using dedicated wireless access points like in e.g. the Philips Hue light system. All communication could be wireless, which mean power transmission could step back from being digital to analogue again. Engines could have batteries and/or capacitors to ensure uninterruptible traffic. Less need of rail cleaning...

OK, this maybe is a reconnaissance of fantasies, but the more I think of it, someone could offer a scalable solution:

1. Central Wireless Access Point: Can be connected to DCC/MM/Mfx compatible systems and provide feedback to the most common buses (S88, R-BUS etc)

2. Engine Units: Can be installed in already digitalised engines providing the following features:

a. Enabling wireless engine communication
b. Battery add-on

Ofcourse there will be decoders offered, having the features of ”a” and ”b” built-in.

3. Feedback Point Units: Enabling wireless feedback reporting.

Sorry for nerding your thread like this... BigGrin

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu