Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline carlos.rivas.16752  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2019 21:02:10(UTC)
carlos.rivas.16752

Spain   
Hi.

I´ve been using an MS2 for almost 8 years and a few weeks ago I got a CS2. Recently I also got a br75 insider which has got more than the 16 functions I can see on the CS2 screen.

The question might be silly for some of you but since Märklin instructions are always poor I have no idea how can I get to the rest of the functions the loco has got. I know CS3 comes with a white loco into a red circle that you can slide and get access to the rest of the functions but CS2 hasn´t got it.

Is there some button I got the press or maybe do I need to upgrade the current version? (I guess it´s 4.1.3)

Thanks in advance
Carlos
My blog both in Spanish and English: https://grunewiesen1965.wordpress.com
Offline Rwill  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2019 22:24:52(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
History may be about to be made if I correctly answer a technical question on this forum:

I have a CS2 and I believe it is currently fully up to date with version 4.2.9 (0)

If with a loco showing on the control panel there is a square button in the bottom corner saying F0 -F15. If you press that nothing happens if there are 16 functions or less. If there are more than 16 functions the button changes to say F16 -F32 they then show up in function column. Press the button again and it goes back to the first 16 functions.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rwill
#3 Posted : 01 December 2019 23:45:23(UTC)
carlos.rivas.16752

Spain   
Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
History may be about to be made if I correctly answer a technical question on this forum:

I have a CS2 and I believe it is currently fully up to date with version 4.2.9 (0)

If with a loco showing on the control panel there is a square button in the bottom corner saying F0 -F15. If you press that nothing happens if there are 16 functions or less. If there are more than 16 functions the button changes to say F16 -F32 they then show up in function column. Press the button again and it goes back to the first 16 functions.

Thank you Rwill but I can´t any square button F0-F15.

I tried to uptade th CS2 to the currente version via network cable but after half an hour there was no progress fron 2%. I´ve got a fast internet connection so I don´t know what to do now.

Regards

20191201_233246.jpg
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 02 December 2019 00:24:55(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: carlos.rivas.16752 Go to Quoted Post

I tried to uptade th CS2 to the currente version via network cable but after half an hour there was no progress fron 2%. I´ve got a fast internet connection so I don´t know what to do now.

Regards

20191201_233246.jpg

What software version is it at now? Check on the setup screen.

I would recommend downloading the file onto a USB stick. If the software is very old you will need two updates, as the most recent update can only be done when the software is at a certain level (i think it is 3.8) Even with the file on a USB stick it will take of the order of an hour or so to do the update - for each file. Also note that the 3.8 version will make the speed dials pink (confused people when this first happened) and it then needs another update. The pink dials appears to be to tell the user that another update is needed.

Post a photo of the screen with the software revisions on it, and we can then help further.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 02 December 2019 10:50:25(UTC)
H0

Hi!
I guess it´s 4.1.3
If you want to use features introduced with version 4.2 then make sure you have version 4.2 installed.
And remember that you have to delete all locos that have more than 16 functions after installing the update.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
#6 Posted : 02 December 2019 13:29:52(UTC)
carlos.rivas.16752

Spain   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Regards

20191201_233246.jpg

What software version is it at now? Check on the setup screen.

I would recommend downloading the file onto a USB stick. If the software is very old you will need two updates, as the most recent update can only be done when the software is at a certain level (i think it is 3.8) Even with the file on a USB stick it will take of the order of an hour or so to do the update - for each file. Also note that the 3.8 version will make the speed dials pink (confused people when this first happened) and it then needs another update. The pink dials appears to be to tell the user that another update is needed.

Post a photo of the screen with the software revisions on it, and we can then help further.

I´m doing it right now using the USB stick...it´s been working for the whole morning.
Thank you

#7 Posted : 02 December 2019 14:46:31(UTC)
carlos.rivas.16752

Spain   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

And remember that you have to delete all locos that have more than 16 functions after installing the update.

Thank you for the advice. I didn´t know it...I´m not a digital era man; these things are chinese to me.

Edit: Done!. Took a while but now it´s updated to the latest version and I can see the other 16 loco functions.

Thank you everyone

Edited by user 04 December 2019 21:24:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified