Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2019 06:33:25(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Most probably never with his involvement in the WWII unless we've gone past this and can get on with important issues., producing models with an overall interest from modellers.
These days some manufacturers don't seem to have the initiation any more to produce new models but instead bringing out the same mould year after year., you get the odd one like the French Steam loco but why not produce cheaper steam locos one can afford.. mind you the SBB Double Arrow wouldn't be cheap

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2019 11:26:46(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
John I would say your on the money but I still wouldn't mind having one in my collection:

UserPostedImage

D.A.Banks
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Dave Banks
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#3 Posted : 19 November 2019 17:28:04(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Maybe a future Insider offering?
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 21 November 2019 02:31:03(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The Double Arrow or Churchill Arrowis not simply made from two modified Red Arrows. There are some differences in design that would likely require a completely new mold.
This would make such a model rather expensive and there are limited options for secondary models. They could release a model with a slightly different livery, as the color (shade) may have changed over the years, but there were no other trainsets of the same type.

There was a model by Morep/Renfer www.morep.ch which was available in AC. The owner of that shop recently retired and is taking a step back. I think he is still doing work on his own models, but no longer making new models or repairing other brands.

http://www.roundhouse.ch...tr_HO_Gesamtprogramm.htm (May still have one or two AC in stock)

http://www.polar.sunynas...du/~fanellis/church.html

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 21 November 2019 14:05:32(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

Most probably never with his involvement in the WWII unless we've gone past this and can get on with important issues., producing models with an overall interest from modellers.

John

I've probably misunderstood this, but I don't get why Churchill's involvement in WW2 might be less important than producing interesting model trains!

Why do we need to "get past this" anyway? Does anyone see Churchill's part in the second world war as being a negative factor in the war?

In so far as the model is concerned I think minority interest subjects like this are best left to small independent companies. The models pointed out by Mike are good enough if you absolutely need one on your layout! However I might be wrong and Marklin makes one anyway! Who knows?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline mrmarklin  
#6 Posted : 21 November 2019 17:46:00(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

John

I've probably misunderstood this, but I don't get why Churchill's involvement in WW2 might be less important than producing interesting model trains!

Why do we need to "get past this" anyway? Does anyone see Churchill's part in the second world war as being a negative factor in the war?

In so far as the model is concerned I think minority interest subjects like this are best left to small independent companies. The models pointed out by Mike are good enough if you absolutely need one on your layout! However I might be wrong and Marklin makes one anyway! Who knows?

Märklin has done one-offs before. And even fantasy steamers such as BR53.

I don’t see how Winston Churchill enters into the conversation at all.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline xxup  
#7 Posted : 21 November 2019 22:09:38(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
The Red Arrow «Churchill» acquired the legendary nickname «Churchill» in 1946 when former British prime minister Winston Churchill travelled through Switzerland on this train.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline mrmarklin  
#8 Posted : 22 November 2019 00:19:21(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
The Red Arrow «Churchill» acquired the legendary nickname «Churchill» in 1946 when former British prime minister Winston Churchill travelled through Switzerland on this train.

I realize that. But there seemed to be an intimation of some reluctance to produce this model on that basis.Confused
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia