Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PMPeter  
#1 Posted : 10 November 2019 16:59:54(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
The annual Vancouver Model Train Expo is on this weekend in Vancouver, BC. I was very surprised and encouraged to see the Pacific Northwest chapter of ETE having a small hands on layout on display. As far as I know this is a first for this annual show.

Also for the first time since ERH has no longer participated I noted a fair amount of used Marklin, Roco and Fleischmann products for sale. Figures, now that I am faced with the prospect of dismantling my layout and selling all of my HO collection in order to downsize, Marklin products start showing up. Perhaps others are in the same boat that I am and need to downsize and sell.

Peter
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline Wheels on Steel  
#2 Posted : 12 November 2019 05:47:03(UTC)
Wheels on Steel

Canada   
In the over 30 years of attending both the fall and spring shows in both Vancouver and Burnaby, it was a first to see an operating Marklin display. I was pleased to see the ETE club promoting European prototype and especially impressed to see them display it on a lower level table to cater to the much younger crowd attending there. Very thoughtful of them. In all these years there has been few European models available for sale there. The same can be said for American manufacture and prototype available for sale on continental Europe today. Myself collecting and operating a variety of European manufactured models for over 55 years and having retired and downsized, I am still collecting and enjoying a lifelong hobby.

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Wheels on Steel
Offline dzug  
#3 Posted : 12 November 2019 16:51:09(UTC)
dzug

Canada   
There was more European than before and somehow I managed to miss the ETE layout! It was pretty crowded with families on Sunday when I went so I guess there were probably a few people around the layout when I strolled by. When I can make it to the show I try to check out the TT modular layout as they are usually running mostly European and there is always a few vendors with scattered Euro N scale and some Marklin etc. This year there was a bigger pile of Marklin HO and assorted Roco etc at one vendor which I gather was an estate from Alberta.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dzug