Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline clapcott  
#1 Posted : 26 January 2019 10:35:56(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FYI:

Available currently via the mDT
originally 3.2 (3.2.0.1) was only available with the newer gauge 1 decoder
now for mLD/3 and mSD/3 (specific decoders to follow)

anticipate via CS2 shortly.

Version: 3.2.0.3 (December 06, 2018)
Improvement: Constant stopping function has been improved
Improvement: The steam stroke can now also be routed to the mapping, for example to control a smoke rate
Bugfix: The susceptibility to interference with bouncing sensors has been reduced
Bugfix: The control of the SUSI voltage buffer has been revised
Bugfix: An error in the calculation of the SUSI cycle has been fixed
Bugfix: Sound CVs are only displayed when the Märklin sound module is connected
Bugfix: Changes in the state of the flip-flops now correctly trigger a rule processing
Bugfix: A SUSI buffer is now switched off reliably during DCC programming
Bugfix: Fixed a bug where the communication between mDecoderTool3 and the decoder tester was disturbed

Version: 3.2.0.2 (September 14, 2018)
Improvement: During programming in DCC fewer disturbances occur
Improvement: Overcurrent detection has been improved
Improvement: The speed of the SUSI bus has been increased
Improvement: The driving characteristics in the analogue AC mode have been improved
Bugfix: Fixed a bug where some locos drove off during the mfx login process
Bugfix: An error in the flip-flops has been fixed
Bugfix: Several small errors in the SUSI voltage buffering operation have been fixed
Bugfix: Detecting the direction of travel in analogue DC mode has been improved
Bugfix: Improvement of communication with the new Märklin decoder tester
Bugfix: An error that still had some old data after reprogramming has been fixed

Comment: 3.2.0.1 had been available earlier but only for G1/LGB decoders. These now have been extended to be applicable for mLD/3 and mSD/3

Version: 3.2.0.1 (June 29, 2018)
Feature: Track 1 and track G decoder introduced
Improvement: New Output Mode Exact Time Switching
Improvement: New output mode minimum time switching
Improvement: New output mode Exact time on and off with sensor
Improvement: New output mode Permanently on
Improvement: New output mode buffer control
Improvement: New output mode for new Telex coupling (FGL coupling)
Improvement: New feature "Sound Idle Hold" allows the clutch winder even with the driving sound on
Improvement: Mapping expanded by eight AND gates
Improvement: Mapping expanded by eight OR gates
Improvement: Mapping expanded by eight XOR gates
Improvement: Mapping expanded by four flip-flops
Improvement: Added mute function in the mapping
Improvement: Current-limited motor and AUX outputs, adjustable for digital and analog operation via CV in%
Improvement: Constant braking distance introduced, ekinstellbar over CV
Improvement: Leakage of the locomotive was improved
Improvement: Recognition of Märklin participants on the SUSI bus
Improvement: Parameter for brake squeal adjustable via CV
Improvement: Driving sound can be influenced by driving or load, adjustable by CV
Bugfix: Motor wince and light flare eliminated with AC switching pulse
Bugfix: Last station of multi-station announcement is saved
Bugfix: Special function change of journey corrected
Bugfix: Bug in direction change sound fixed
Bugfix: Error during the on / off delay of auxes corrected

Version: 3.2.0.0 (October 9, 2017)
Improvement: New engine type 8 for engines that only need a short EMF measurement break (Robel, various bell anchors etc.)
Improvement: SUSI buffer control for external capacitive voltage buffers
Improvement: New function "Motor Off" for controlling function models
Improvement: New command SUSI-Slow for function models (Limits the maximum speed with the platform / crane / etc. extended)
Bugfix: Bug in the sound part eliminated
Bugfix: Bug in the controller part eliminated
Bugfix: Fixed bug in mfx processing
Bugfix: Fixed bug with random noise

Edited by user 01 March 2024 07:59:06(UTC)  | Reason: header

Peter
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 26 January 2019 18:05:42(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
FYI:

Available currently via the mDT
originally 3.2 (3.2.0.1) was only available with the newer gauge 1 decoder
now for mLD/3 and mSD/3 (specific decoders to follow)

anticipate via CS2 shortly.

Version: 3.2.0.2 (September 14, 2018)
Bugfix: Fixed a bug where some locos drove off during the mfx login process

Now that is interesting, when I put my Eurotrain T3 loco on the track and turned on the track power it proceeded to run off in reverse. I assumed it was related to being taken off the track when it was still running during factory testing. Now it looks like it could be a firmware bug in the decoder. But this loco didn't start shipping from the factory until December, so it looks like the decoder probably wasn't updated before being set up for the loco Blink Blink Blink

I'll have to see if I can get the cs2 to tell me what firmware revision the decoder does have.

Offline Nigel Packer  
#3 Posted : 26 January 2019 23:36:25(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Now that is interesting, when I put my Eurotrain T3 loco on the track and turned on the track power it proceeded to run off in reverse. I assumed it was related to being taken off the track when it was still running during factory testing. Now it looks like it could be a firmware bug in the decoder. But this loco didn't start shipping from the factory until December, so it looks like the decoder probably wasn't updated before being set up for the loco Blink Blink Blink

I'll have to see if I can get the cs2 to tell me what firmware revision the decoder does have.

Just tried it on my Eurotrain T3, and the decoder firmware is level 3.0.1.12. I don't think there could be any facility for updating decoder firmware on the production line, so the decoder will have the firmware that was current when it was manufactured (wherever that is!). Probably this was a long time before the loco was assembled.

Interestingly, though, I could update it with the 60971, so my T3 is now at level 3.2.0.3!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 27 January 2019 00:35:44(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Just tried it on my Eurotrain T3, and the decoder firmware is level 3.0.1.12. I don't think there could be any facility for updating decoder firmware on the production line, so the decoder will have the firmware that was current when it was manufactured (wherever that is!). Probably this was a long time before the loco was assembled.

Interestingly, though, I could update it with the 60971, so my T3 is now at level 3.2.0.3!

Nigel

Thanks Nigel for doing the investigation. I figured what you are saying is probably the case - there is often a lot of stuff around that comes out with a lower level of software than the 'current' one.

I did think they may have done a software update as a standard part of loading the sound files, but I guess even that happens far enough ahead of all the bits being assembled that it still wouldn't have received the September update.

Offline MaerklinLife  
#5 Posted : 27 January 2019 07:17:53(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post

Yes, most new decoders (if not all of them) are the same hardware as the retrofit decoders (mLD3/mSD3). Updateable, but sound locked. I think this is a great improvement over the earlier "decoder lottery".
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 31 January 2019 10:01:31(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FWIW, confirming that a refresh of the CS2 shows 3.2.0.3 for ALL previous known decoders AND adds the same level for

P/N 249245 (same family as 1-Guage -245)
-239 = G Series
-240 = G RetroFit
P/N 327196 as a new appearance for HO 64Mb mSD/3 NON retrofit
-245 = HO Series
-247 = HO Series (GamesWorld)

UserPostedImage
Peter
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 22 February 2019 21:08:59(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Early adopters of the recent main CS2 update 4.3.2(8) will have received a regressive 3.0.1.8 decoder library.

since then the 3.2.0.3 library has again been made available
UserPostedImage
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 30 March 2019 19:47:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Well, I decided to have a go at updating the decoders in my various locos today, but first a bit of preamble ...

The MRR Club I go to had an exhibition a couple of weeks ago and decided to have an open day at the club rooms today to try and entice prospective members who had been to the exhibition to join the club.

So I decided a useful activity to do while there was to update my decoders to current software levels.

It proved to be an interesting exercise with a couple of unexpected results - one of them caused me to raise my eyebrows a bit and wonder what is happening ...

I started with my T3 Photo livery (as in my avatar picture), which echoed Nigels experience above,

Then I did both my Br65 locos, the 39650 Marklin one which arrived late last year had version 3.0.1.12 software, same as the T3. That updated happily. The 22650 Trix one which finally arrived about a week ago had version 3.0.1.11 Confused but both happily updated to 3.2.0.3.

Next attempt was the 39952 VT95 Railbus with trailer which had been back to Marklin f or repairafter it burnt out something and wouldn't work any more. This had a decoder with version 3.1.0.1 software and happily updated to 3.2.0.3 also. However getting the decoder out to put it on the programmer was a real pain - the instructions are not clear - and there is a gotcha which I managed to work around, but does produce a question which I will deal with at the end.

Next loco to try was my 39567 Insider Rangierlok Crocodile. The decoder in this has version 3.0.1.12 software - and refused to updateScared Scared Scared OhMyGod Confused Confused Confused I presume this is due to special functionality in there to deal with the new Telex uncoupler, but the new Kof in blue/cream livery seems to use the same Telex, and I would have thought the more recent revision of software would have had this functionality as a matter of course.

The last loco I attempted was the 39170 Insider Br103. this reported revision 3.0.1.8 and also would not update. Now this loco is a bit older, and I am wondering of it is an msd instead of msd/3 decoder, which would explain why it wouldn't want to update.

So now to my question arising from the 39952 Railbus update. The mdt software shows being connected to a cs as an option. Will it update the software in the loco working this way? I presume the connection is made by network and operates on whatever is on the programming track. This was my first attempt at using the mdt software (and I hadn't read the manual, but it seemed reasonably intuitive to use) and I didn't have means handy to connect the PC to the cs2 to try this. But it would have saved some hassle with the 39952 - the instructions for dismantling this to get at the innards have no pictures and don't point out that a critical screw that you need to remove has a Torx head and I didn't have any Torx drivers with me let alone very small ones. Why they could have used one of their normal screws is anyone's guess Angry Glare Glare Glare

Speaking of which, why do they sometimes use straight blade screws instead of cross point ones for holding the body on? Typically done in an awkward place where the screw driver slips off easily!!!Angry

My only gripe with the mdt software is that it doesn't tell you if the decoder is an mld, msd, mld/3 or msd/3 when identifying it. The only info you get is it is 'not a retrofit decoder'.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 25 April 2019 23:12:37(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Just a catchup update to cover off two updates that , at this stage , are specific to the "G" decoder (248245_239) and what Marklin are introducing as the "Start Up Decoder" (280229_237)
The updates are available through the mDT

Version: 3.2.0.5 (February 13, 2019)
Bugfix: Issues related to Mfx login with connected 60974 or other buffers have been corrected
Notice: New decoder version "Start up" has been introduced
Improvement: Improved shutdown behavior with overcurrent on the motor
Improvement: Detection of the sensor signal improved
Version: 3.2.0.4 (January 21, 2019)
Bugfix: If the direction reversal bit is set, the direction can now be changed correctly with a change of direction
Bugfix: If the direction reversal bit is set, a change of driving does not lead to a change of direction anymore

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 12 November 2019 07:46:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#10 Posted : 28 April 2019 11:16:06(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Hi

Can the file from mDT be transferred with USB stick to CS3 ?

Regards Jonas
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#11 Posted : 07 November 2019 09:44:02(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
So we can not transfer with USB stick or send project directly to CS3.

Amazing progress M ThumbDown
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#12 Posted : 07 November 2019 10:18:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Well, all I can say is that I was able to revive a defective msd3 decoder with the latest firmware update that I thought I had bricked because I originally tried to program the decoder with a CS2 that had an update version 1 minor revision below that required to support the decoder (not intentional, but I thought I was at a supported version but found I wasn't when I investigated what went wrong).

I was trying to program the decoder with E10 electric loco sounds because the decoder in my 37107 E10 had failed (and replacements aren't available from the factory).

I got loco lights but no motor movement. I was then not even able to re-program the decoder with MDT software and a Marklin decoder programmer, which I purchased as a better option for programming msd3 decoders.

When the latest decoder firmware update was made available I was able to apply the firmware update to the decoder and then successfully programmed it twice - once with the E10 project and once with a Crocodile project (I had since put another msd3 in the E10 which I got while I was away in Germany).

Moral of the story is if you think you've bricked a decoder don't biff it out until you try updating its firmware.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#13 Posted : 08 November 2019 09:43:59(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I have had no trouble upgrading the engine with mSD3 decoder with the latest 3.2.1.0 firmware.

My issues after upgrading from CS2 for CS3+ the mDTool3 does not manage to send file directly or the CS3 doesn't read files from USB stick.

The mDT3 recognize CS3 but it doesn't allow to transfer Glare

Its really high time that M solve this (No rocket science!) Cursing
Offline clapcott  
#14 Posted : 11 November 2019 10:47:13(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Version: 3.2.1.1 (October 14, 2019)
Feature: The volume levels of the two channels of driving noise can now be set individually
Feature: Electric locomotives now have more shift speeds in the lower speed range
Bugfix: An error in the load-dependent sound has been fixed
Bugfix: An error that prevented you from making the overall volume quieter has been fixed
Bugfix: An error in the DCC mapping has been fixed
Version: 3.2.1.0 (August 01, 2019)
Maintenance: Several internal processes have been improved
Improvement: Driving behavior Analog AC improved
Bugfix: An error in which locomotives with sine engine did not drive properly was fixed
Bugfix: An error which caused the locomotive to twitch again after stopping has been fixed
Bugfix: Distance of steam blows in three-cylinder locomotives corrected again. Due to this change, it may be necessary for individual three-cylinder locomotives to reset the distances of the steam strokes
Bugfix: Error while playing sounds was corrected
Bugfix: When changing formats to Märklin Motorola, active functions greater than 15 are switched off
Bugfix: An error where dimmed aux outputs have flickered has been fixed
Bugfix: An error with the special function coincidence has been fixed
Bugfix: Various bugs in the display of mfx parameters were corrected
Bugfix: When waking up in Analog AC, it will no longer be mistakenly taken over in digitally active functions
Version: 3.2.0.8 (May 20, 2019)
Improvement: Driving behavior Analog AC improved
Improvement: Sensor input 3 debounced during startup
Improvement: Reading of SUSI-CVs improved
Improvement: Improved shutdown behavior with overcurrent on the motor
Improvement: Detection of the sensor signal improved
Bugfix: bug that confused SUSI participants has been fixed
Bugfix: Fixed a bug where the sound supply was activated too early
Bugfix: Login to mfx-Zentrale has been improved
Bugfix: An error during automatic calibration of the controller has been fixed
Bugfix: An error with which some locomotives drove restlessly in the analogue AC mode has been fixed
Bugfix: Issues related to Mfx login with connected 60974 or other buffers have been corrected
Bugfix: If the direction reversal bit is set, the direction can now be changed correctly with a change of direction
Bugfix: If the direction reversal bit is set, a change of driving does not lead to a change of direction anymore
Bugfix: Consequential error from the improved mfx logon when outputs were still active fixed, in DCC outputs could not be switched
Bugfix: Fixed a bug where some sounds could only be played once
Version: 3.2.0.6 (March 18, 2019)
Improvement: Reading of SUSI-CVs improved
Bugfix: Fixed a bug where the sound supply was activated too early
Bugfix: Fixed a bug related to the volume knob
Bugfix: bug that confused SUSI participants has been fixed
Bugfix: Login to mfx-Zentrale has been improved
Bugfix: An error during automatic calibration of the controller has been fixed
Bugfix: Fixed a bug where some sounds could only be played once

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 12 November 2019 07:41:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Crazy Harry  
#15 Posted : 11 November 2019 21:34:57(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
I turned on my CS3 today and noticed there was an update - it loaded the new decoder firmware. Now one should be able to update decoder firmware from the CS3 to the loco directly via a programming track.

I updated my Köf II (from set 26605). The Köf II has decoder 263819 247 which upgraded from version 3.2.0.3 to the latest 3.2.1.0 (from August 1, 2019) as indicated in Peter's (clapcott) post (although I think he meant to update the dates in his tables to 2019).

I used the method in this link: Update Firmware in Märklin mSD3 mLD3 Decoders. The instructions are in Danish, but a website translator worked for me. Note, under How To Do, it says to select the configure tab, it should be the set-up tab to find the U button in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

Cheers,

Harold.

P.S.: Peter - could you update your tables to show the proper year of the decoder firmware version updates. From post #9 onward, you seem to have been stuck in 2018!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Crazy Harry
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#16 Posted : 14 November 2019 20:06:11(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Now it work to transfer and update decoder with CS3 with today's new version 3.4.0 ThumpUp
Offline TEEWolf  
#17 Posted : 15 November 2019 04:48:01(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
Now it work to transfer and update decoder with CS3 with today's new version 3.4.0 ThumpUp

The latest CS 3 software version is 3.4.1

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/downloads/cs3-updates/

https://www.maerklin.de/...formationen_1-4-1_en.pdf

As @Crazy Harry mentioned already, this week was another small update for the CS 3. Maerklin wrote about optimizing the shut down and/or restart process. I installed this update, but the software version number remained at 3.4.1.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#18 Posted : 15 November 2019 09:06:37(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I mean the new mDT3 version 3.4.0 maerklin.de but its gone today Confused

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline bph  
#19 Posted : 15 November 2019 11:36:16(UTC)
bph

Norway   

UserPostedImage

its still on the server:https://www.maerklin.de/fileadmin/media/service/decoder-updates/mDecoderTool3-v340-Setup.zip

CHANGELOG

Version 3.4.0 - 23.10.2019
- Feature: Create your own sounds, select your own sounds (wav, mp3) step by step, process them
automatically and sort them into the sound library (your own library)
- Feature: Decoder projects for all, for both retrofit and serial decoders, new display in mDecoderTool3
and storage structure on the Märklin server
- Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports mLD track H0 for all-current/field-coil motor (60906)
- Improvement: Decoder with the Decoder-Programmer (60971) read out improved, communication
between mDecoderTool3 and the serial interface in Windows improved
- Improvement: Decoder (mLD/mSD, mLD3/mSD3) programmed and tested via central CS2 from v4.2.9
on revised, improved and optimized
- Improvement: Decoder (mLD/mSD, mLD3/mSD3) programming and testing via central CS3 from v1.4.1
- Improvement: New firmware is loaded from the Märklin server without having to create or open a project
- Improvement: Tooltips added to the dashboard functions
- Improvement: Added more missing status and tooltips in start, dash and detail boards
- Improvement: When a project is loaded, it is always switched to the dashboard, whether from the start
board or the detail board.
- Improvement: In the help menu, the manual of the mDecoderTool3 can be called up
- Improvement: Some CV names and texts in mDecoderTool3 and the decoder templates revised, unified
and provided with units and factors
- Improvement: The program directory has been restructured and cleaned up, texts and instructions as
well as languages and templates, etc.
- Improvement: In the mapping the fields of the actions are dynamically adapted to the window size,
helpful for long sound paths
- Improvement: For a better overview only the valid libraries and sound groups are displayed in the sound
library
- Improvement: The dialog windows can be moved freely with the mouse
- Improvement: The description files of a decoder project were updated (article numbers) and extended to
all functions and sounds.
- Bugfix: When converting the data structure (fds) to v3, the sound CVs brake threshold and brake
bandwidth are swapped, but the CV values were not swapped
- Bugfix: The Sound CVs Brake Threshold, Brake Bandwidth and Brake Deceleration Correction were not
saved after being read into an open project
- Bugfix: The sound CVs of the individual volume levels were displayed correctly but not saved correctly
after changing them
- Bugfix: In the sound selection the sound paths, to distinguish the libraries 'own library' and 'm library',
were not displayed correctly
- Bugfix: When installing version 3.3.0 the old and new decoder templates were not de- and installed
correctly
- Bugfix: In the 'Configure function keys' dialog, newly configured function keys were lost with the check
mark 'Show only active elements'
- Bugfix: If a decoder was programmed, the CVs of the project could be changed in the detail board,
despite the progress bar running, quasi 'behind it
- Bugfix: If a decoder was programmed, the buttons in the dashboard could be pressed 'behind' the
running progress bar
- Bugfix: If a decoder was programmed with a changed but not yet saved project, it was still programmed
with the old CV values after the hint dialog
- Bugfix: In the mapping was the on and off delay of the physics. Outputs (mLD3/mSD3) reversed
- Bugfix: Although no project was selected yet, it was possible to save it in the startboard with 'save' or
'save as
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline TEEWolf  
#20 Posted : 15 November 2019 22:26:28(UTC)
TEEWolf

Well it is not gone. I just downloaded the version 3.4.0 with @bph link. But I cannot find his link on my Maerklin websites. I only find the ones for the version 3.3.0.

Indeed very strange, but at the moment I do not see a solution. Perhaps @bph may explain where he found his link.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#21 Posted : 15 November 2019 22:44:12(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I already see bugs and it may require a CS3 update before the mDT3 v3.4.0 should work.

The CS3 reject receive to big size of files…

So it published in the wrong order Cool
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline bph  
#22 Posted : 15 November 2019 23:11:30(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Indeed very strange, but at the moment I do not see a solution. Perhaps @bph may explain where he found his link.

Most likely something when wrong when thy published the support documentation, so the new link was removed.
I just used the link for the old version and changed the name, just a lucky guess.
Offline siroljuk  
#23 Posted : 14 April 2020 16:47:20(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello!

During this Corona isolation I have tried to use mDecoder tool 3.4 ( latest version ) with my PC trying to use CS3Plus, but I have not figured how I can make decoder tool to see CS3Plus.
Tool see the USB stick 60971 and works fine, but when My Pc is connected to network and CS3Plus is connected to network and I start mDecoder tool 3.4 in my Pc it won't see running CS3Plöus which have the latest firmware and all software.
Please can anybody tell me how I could make these two to see each other and I could make decoder programming through the network from my PC to the loco staying on the programming track.

I hope someone can help me
Regards

JukkaBlushing
Offline bph  
#24 Posted : 14 April 2020 20:36:18(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

During this Corona isolation I have tried to use mDecoder tool 3.4 ( latest version ) with my PC trying to use CS3Plus, but I have not figured how I can make decoder tool to see CS3Plus.
Tool see the USB stick 60971 and works fine, but when My Pc is connected to network and CS3Plus is connected to network and I start mDecoder tool 3.4 in my Pc it won't see running CS3Plöus which have the latest firmware and all software.
Please can anybody tell me how I could make these two to see each other and I could make decoder programming through the network from my PC to the loco staying on the programming track.

Regards

JukkaBlushing

Can you access the cs3 with a browser on your pc ?

your computer and the cs3 must be on the same network local network and in the same ip range. and use the same dhcp server etc. Eg if you are using a second WIFI router its recommended to have that in access point mode, so that they use the same dhcp.
Try adding the cs3 ip to your computer firewall "allow" list. (try any protocol and port first)
you can also try to adding a fixed ip to the cs3, (not in the dhcp range).

Offline siroljuk  
#25 Posted : 15 April 2020 10:02:16(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,
I did change configuration in CAN put it to broadcast mode and I give a destination address ( which is my PCs address ), Now it works and I can see CS3 in the mDecondertool3.

Thank you for helpBigGrin BigGrin

Regards
Jukka
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline siroljuk  
#26 Posted : 16 April 2020 09:05:18(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello again.
This mDecoderTool3 is mystery, when I am trying to use it with CS3Plus.

Mys test-layout have isolated block for Program-track and when I try to use MdecoderTool3 software The Loco which I try to configure is on the Program track. Other part of layout is not connected at all.

Now I can see CS3Plus from my Pc but I cannot read decoder information using CS3. That is very odd because network connection is ok and I can use CS3 fully other vice. I can steer loco which is on the program track, I can play all sounds and use all functions of the loco. But not read decoder.

I have tried all possible ways to get decoder information from the Loco but It don't work.

Then I loaded one configuration from Märklin data-base and send it to Locos decoder and thisd was working OKMellow Mellow

Conclusion is that this combination: Newest Märklin updated in CS3Plus and newest version of mDecoderTool3 are not ready to full co operations YET(I Hope).

I would love to "hear" Your experiences in this area. And If someone have succeeded to use decoder update with this combination please tell me how You made it.Blushing Blushing

BTW: All my Locos decoders are updated using latest firmware versions( all which can be updated).

Thats allCool Cool

Regards

Jukka
Offline Crazy Harry  
#27 Posted : 17 April 2020 23:38:08(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Newest Märklin updated in CS3Plus and newest version of mDecoderTool3 are not ready to full co operations YET(I Hope).

I tried reading a decoder via my CS3 and the mDecoderTool3 software (all at latest version) and was not successful. My belief is that there is no two way communication between the decoder tool software and central station via the local area network (i.e.: only download no upload). Two way communication is only available via hard connection on the USB port with the decoder programming tool hardware (USB stick 60971). I personally don't have the hardware. It would be nice to read the decoders without buying the extra decoder tool.

I understand from the latest Marklin videos that downloading decoder information including sound files takes hours via the local area network and minutes (or less) via the USB connection.

The decoder programming tool is most useful if one reads and writes to decoders often.

Cheers,

Harold.
Offline bph  
#28 Posted : 17 April 2020 23:49:27(UTC)
bph

Norway   

Conclusion is that this combination: Newest Märklin updated in CS3Plus and newest version of mDecoderTool3 are not ready to full co operations YET(I Hope).

Regards

Jukka

Hi
Your conclusion is also what I have experienced, and I believe that it’s mentioned elsewhere also.
I would really like to be able to read the decoder after a calibration run, without having to take the decoder out of the locomotive again.
Let’s hope that Märklin enables that kind of functionality in future versions.

with factory fitted decoders the USB Programmer and mDecodertool only able show decoder data and update firmware....
I only do sound programming with a pc and the USB Programmer, and not trough the cs3
Offline TEEWolf  
#29 Posted : 20 April 2020 04:39:38(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hello!

Regards

JukkaBlushing

Hello Jukka.
yesterday I found 2 explain videos from Maerklin. Because of this corona situation Maerklin is doing so called live videos almost every day. 2 weeks ago they published videos explaining the mDT software. Of course, the videos are in German and every video is about 45 minutes long. I still have not yet seen these 2 videos myself in total. But want to send you the links. Perhaps it helps you or others in the forum.

Märklin Live - Decoder Tool für Nachrüstdecoder

Märklin Live - Decoder Tool für Nachrüstdecoder Teil 2

If you want to ask these Maerklin guys personally, you find them for a chat on You Tube.

https://www.maerklin.de/de/lp/2019/live/

Next broadcasting will be April 20th, 2020 at 16:30 MESZ (Time in Germany).

Regards

TEEWolf
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Johnvr  
#30 Posted : 26 July 2020 11:51:13(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hi all

I am also having difficulty with the Mdecoder Tool and I would be delighted if someone could assist me to get this to work.
I feel that I am nearly there, but just not quite there !!

For information :
Hardware is CS2 60215 hardware version 5.1 and software version 4.1.0(3)
My PC is connected directly to my CS2 with a broadband cable, and CS2 is connected to Programming track.
My mLD3 decoder is in a loco on the programming track. My loco software is SW 1.17.19

Connection Working
From the Mdecoder Tool on my PC, I can test the functions and operate loco speed control.
The functions and speed dial on the CS2 both respond to the changes.
The functions and speed control communicate with loco on the programming track, and all seems to respond perfectly.

Problem
My problem is that the programming of the loco fails.
PC cannot write to the loco. It times out during reading of the CV values.

The main issue which I can see is that the Mdecoder Tool cannot recognise the loco.
The loco is 'greyed out' in the box where it should be displayed.
If I compare my pictures with the pictures from other users then I can see that they have the loco picture displayed in the Mdecoder Tool.
Obviously there is some connection taking place on my system because it asks me which loco is on the programming track, and I can select it from a drop down box with my locos listed, but it does not show up in the box.

I wonder whether there is anything in the CS2 comms screen which I need to adjust ?
It's a cable connection, but what is 'DHCP' ?

Grateful for any ideas from you.

RegardsBigGrin
John

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

Offline bph  
#31 Posted : 26 July 2020 18:48:08(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Johnvr Go to Quoted Post
Hi all

I am also having difficulty with the Mdecoder Tool and I would be delighted if someone could assist me to get this to work.

Problem

The main issue which I can see is that the Mdecoder Tool cannot recognise the loco.
If I compare my pictures with the pictures from other users then I can see that they have the loco picture displayed in the Mdecoder Tool.
Obviously there is some connection taking place on my system because it asks me which loco is on the programming track, and I can select it from a drop down box with my locos listed, but it does not show up in the box.

I wonder whether there is anything in the CS2 comms screen which I need to adjust ?

RegardsBigGrin
John

hi
as fas I understand it's very little you can do with factory programmed decoder and Mdecoder Tool using a CS2/3.
but you should be able to select the locomotive and test it.
The locomotive must be selected as shown below, (click on the grey locomotive symbol)
mdt.jpg
mdt2.jpg

your IP settings seem a bit "unconventional", but if it works......
a DHCP server dynamically assigns an IP address and other network configuration parameters to each device on a network so they can communicate with other IP networks. This is probably done by your cable router/modem. Having a fixed IP on your cs is quite sensible, but its highly recommended to have it just outside your DHCP range. I would suggest that you use automatic DHCP, until you have a bit more knowledge about networks.

Offline TEEWolf  
#32 Posted : 26 July 2020 21:26:27(UTC)
TEEWolf

... but what is 'DHCP' ?

For the Internet: DHCP = Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol

Describes a procedure assigning configuration data to clients in a network atuomatically. This includes, for example IP address, network mask, default gateway or time server.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#33 Posted : 26 July 2020 21:59:35(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi John
I have also had some difficulties using the mDecoderTool3. Here is my check list:
- mDecoderTool3 must be at the last version (v3.4.0) otherwide it will propose to update it.
- the CSx (2 or 3) must be coldstarted with a blank memory stick ALREADY plugged in it.

- the CSx is with the loco to program on the connected program track with POWER ON, the loco is stopped and no sound.
- the mDecoderTool3 is started and the PC is connected to the CSx by an Ethernet cable
- now the CSx appears on the screen
mDecoderTool3 Sc1.jpg
- press the loco symbol on the screen
If no loco is displayed like this
mDecoderTool3 NoLoco available.jpg
then you have to re-boot the CSx while the Ethernet cable is connected
Otherwise you have a drop down list of locos
mDecoderTool3 Loco list.jpg
Once you have selected the loco, its icon is displayed (bottom of screen)
mDecoderTool3 Loco Selected.jpg
Selecting the "Eye" button (just above the CSx) you have this
mDecoderTool3 Loco Test.jpg
Note here that the STOP key is pressed and needs unlocking prior to any programming
Now all this must be made while a valid project has been selected (It should have been from the start)
mDecoderTool3 Sound Project Loaded.jpg
Note that the arrow to start programming is now there just above the "eye" key.
Once pushed, a programming confirmation is asked and a question is asked with / without Sounds?
mDecoderTool3 Confirm Programming.jpg
Now confirming will start the programming phase starting with the transfer of 4 files
ATTENTION When the programming is finished you must select reset to finish the programming (failure to do it will cancel the programming.

NOTE: Märklin proposes to download a new version 3.4.1 but when doing so, nothing is dowloaded so for now we stay with V 3.4.0
I hope this helps
Jean

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline bph  
#34 Posted : 27 July 2020 14:11:35(UTC)
bph

Norway   

For information :
My mLD3 decoder is in a loco on the programming track. My loco software is SW 1.17.19

Can you please provide more information about your decoder ?
is it an original Märklin installed decoder ore a refit one ?
the decoder SW 1.17.19 indicates a mld decoder of sorts. mLD3 decoder firmware should start with version 3.xx
Offline Johnvr  
#35 Posted : 27 July 2020 14:34:32(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hello Jean

Wow, thank you so much for the effort which you put into describing this method.
I really thank you very much.

I do everything exactly as you prescribed.
I get the CS2 to show in the Mdecoder screen, and it has the correct router IP address and serial number of the CS2.
I get to see the locomotive list in the drop down box and select the loco on the programming track, as you showed, so the CS is communicating with the PC.
I get to test drive the loco from the PC, and lights and speed control, reverse, all operate with the loco on the programming track, also reflecting the same on the CS2 controls, so the PC can send instructions to the programming track.
I can load a project and see the functions on the Mdecoder Tool.
All of that works.

The only thing is that after selecting the loco from the drop down box, the loco box remains 'greyed out' and there is no picture of the loco, as in your picture.
For some reason, the error message says "No locomotive data received from the Central Station".

May I ask you : which CS hardware and software versions are you running ?
My 60215 is probably 6 years old, and I have actually not updated the software since I purchased it.
Was there possibly a CS2 software bug fix to correct the above issue ?
I am running the Mdecoder Tool software v3.4.0

RegardsBigGrin
John

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1757.JPG

Offline Johnvr  
#36 Posted : 27 July 2020 15:08:02(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post

the decoder SW 1.17.19 indicates a mld decoder of sorts. mLD3 decoder firmware should start with version 3.xx

Hello

The two locomotives which I am trying at the moment are Marklin 60962 (Locomotive Decoder) and Marklin 60946 (Diesel Sound Decoder).
Slightly dated from 2011 and 2012, but very much Marklin items.
They both have the same result :
I can operate all the functions (sound and lights and speed) of the loco on the programming track from the PC Mdecoder software through the CS2,
but the box remains 'greyed out' and the loco data cannot be read.

Here is something new which I have noticed :
When I try to do a Decoder Readout, the Mdecoder Tool is trying to read from a Decoder Programmer,
but I don't have a Decoder Programmer.
I want to use my CS2 for the programming.
Is there an option somewhere for me to set programming on the CS2 and not on the Decoder Programmer ?

Regards,BigGrin
John

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG

IMG_1760.JPG

Offline Johnvr  
#37 Posted : 27 July 2020 15:28:22(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   

- Improvement: Decoder (mLD/mSD, mLD3/mSD3) programmed and tested via central CS2 from v4.2.9

My CS2 software is 4.1.0(3).
I suppose that this could be the problem.
I should probably do a software update and then try again.

RegardsBigGrin
John

Offline bph  
#38 Posted : 27 July 2020 15:58:50(UTC)
bph

Norway   

Hello

The two locomotives which I am trying at the moment are Marklin 60962 (Locomotive Decoder) and Marklin 60946 (Diesel Sound Decoder).
Slightly dated from 2011 and 2012, but very much Marklin items.
They both have the same result :
I can operate all the functions (sound and lights and speed) of the loco on the programming track from the PC Mdecoder software through the CS2,
but the box remains 'greyed out' and the loco data cannot be read.

Here is something new which I have noticed :
When I try to do a Decoder Readout, the Mdecoder Tool is trying to read from a Decoder Programmer,
but I don't have a Decoder Programmer.
I want to use my CS2 for the programming.
Is there an option somewhere for me to set programming on the CS2 and not on the Decoder Programmer ?

Regards,BigGrin
John

Sorry, I misunderstand you the first time, I assumed it was a factory decoder because of the sw version.
bet be aware tat it's an mLD/mSD and not a gen 3 decoder. Have you started with the corected template in the Mdecoder Tool ?
you can not read out a decoder wit an CS2/3 but you should be able to program the decoders. ( i have no problems programming with my CS3)
I do however recommend that you upgrade to the latest software on your CS, if you have problems.

Offline Johnvr  
#39 Posted : 27 July 2020 18:01:55(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hi all

Just to let you know that I have now achieved success with the problem which I was having.
I update my CS2 software to v4.2.9 and now the Mdecoder Tool reads the loco information from the CS2.
The 'greyed out' box is now full, there is a picture there !

Now for the next steps ...

Thanks for all of the assistance so far.

RegardsBigGrin
John

IMG_1775.JPG
Offline eduard71  
#40 Posted : 27 July 2020 18:17:30(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi all

For information :
Hardware is CS2 60215 hardware version 5.1 and software version 4.1.0(3)
My PC is connected directly to my CS2 with a broadband cable, and CS2 is connected to Programming track.

Connection Working
From the Mdecoder Tool on my PC, I can test the functions and operate loco speed control.
The functions and speed dial on the CS2 both respond to the changes.
The functions and speed control communicate with loco on the programming track, and all seems to respond perfectly.

Problem

RegardsBigGrin
John

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

Hi John,
I had the same issue with the programing of several mLD/3 decoders, Communication between computer and CS2 was ok and in your case it looks ok. There is no problem in your connection, program or CS2. What you must do before trying to reprogram the decoder is to update the firmware of the decoder to the latest version 3xxx. In my case that was the solution. I figurate this because I had one decoder with a new firmware and another with an old firmware, the one with the old firmware had the same issue as you until I upgrade to the new firmware. To update the firmware, you need to follow the steps trough the CS2 directly and a memory stick attached to the CS2.

Hope this help you

Kr
Eduardo

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by eduard71
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#41 Posted : 28 July 2020 08:45:00(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
agrees with Eduardo,

Upgrade to the latest firmware through the track connected with CS2 then try...

another way is to move the files with USB stick and you find them under following path when the project is open

C:\Users\"your account"\AppData\Local\Temp\mDecoderTool3\"your project"

folders are hidden in the window system

Create following path folders on the USB stick and copy the file into each

\\cs2\update\fds\
*.fds
*.htm

\\cs2\update\snd\
*.html
*.snd

Have not been able to figure out how to update with files with USB stick on CS3 Cool

Lite disappointed that mDT 3.4.1 doesn't allow reading decoder settings through CS3 Huh
Offline JohnjeanB  
#42 Posted : 28 July 2020 12:27:46(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi John

The only thing is that after selecting the loco from the drop down box, the loco box remains 'greyed out' and there is no picture of the loco, as in your picture.
For some reason, the error message says "No locomotive data received from the Central Station".

May I ask you : which CS hardware and software versions are you running ?
My 60215 is probably 6 years old, and I have actually not updated the software since I purchased it.
Was there possibly a CS2 software bug fix to correct the above issue ?
I am running the Mdecoder Tool software v3.4.0

My CS Hardware is 60215, version 3.81, hardware version 5.1, Software version 4.2.9 (0)
My mDecoderTool3 is also v3.4.0 (the last one)
If the loco is not shown it may mean it is not registered or without power. (the decoder provides no response to the query sent by the mDecodrtool3 (IMO)
Jean

Offline JohnjeanB  
#43 Posted : 28 July 2020 12:34:50(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi John
I also believe Eduardo is right. I remember having such a problem on a decoder so I updated the decoder software with the CS2 on line and a memory stick (my memory is a little fuzzy sorry)
Jean
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#44 Posted : 28 July 2020 14:49:54(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post

My mDecoderTool3 is also v3.4.0 (the last one)

Its 3.4.1 some days ago with the internal upgrade, also online from M site

Version 3.4.1 - 02.06.2020
- Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports mLD3/mSD3 track H0 revision E, mSD3 track 1/G revision F
- Feature: Drive sound additional groups and logical function for switching the additional groups
- Feature: In mapping the BUS functions (SUSI) extended to F24 (mLD3/mSD3)
- Bugfix: With "Import mDecoderTool projects (v1.0.0)" the project/directory to import was deleted
- Bugfix: Incorrect path (separator) for sounds from "your own library" fixed, the sound parameters from "m library" were not copied correctl
Offline Johnvr  
#45 Posted : 28 July 2020 14:55:14(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hi John

ATTENTION When the programming is finished you must select reset to finish the programming (failure to do it will cancel the programming.

Jean

Hi Jean
Where is the 'Reset' button ?
Is it on the PC or is it on the CS2 ?

Do you mean the one in the CS2 where the CVs are updated ?

There are some buttons there, Reset , Sound, Update , etc, I can't remember them all now.

Regards
John

Offline jonas_sthlm  
#46 Posted : 28 July 2020 14:59:36(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
It's come a question to reset all function buttons, only to say yes on that
Offline JohnjeanB  
#47 Posted : 28 July 2020 15:04:06(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi John

Here is a video on how to update de firmware of a decoder (outside of mDecoderTool3)

It seems akward you have to do this BEFORE using the mDecoderTool3 but it is so.
Cheers
Jean
Offline JohnjeanB  
#48 Posted : 28 July 2020 15:07:24(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi John

Jean

Hi Jean
Where is the 'Reset' button ?
Is it on the PC or is it on the CS2 ?

Do you mean the one in the CS2 where the CVs are updated ?

There are some buttons there, Reset , Sound, Update , etc, I can't remember them all now.

Regards
John

It is with the mDecoderTool3. The main message is: when the programming is finished, don't remove your loco just yet but wait until the decoder reset is done. It is not one to factory values but one to confirm the new programming.
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#49 Posted : 28 July 2020 15:14:25(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
You will get the question when upload a new project and then it will resetting the existing locomotive and reloading it with new features...
Offline Johnvr  
#50 Posted : 30 July 2020 14:20:40(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hi all

Here is a video on programming my first mSD decoder using the Marklin Mdecoder Tool.

Marklin Sound Decoder Tool

RegardsBigGrin
John
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Johnvr