Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline springboard  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2019 14:10:48(UTC)
springboard

American Samoa   
So i'm asking in reference to the M83 which I wired correctly i think? so i was told when you have a three way turnout, two slot on the M83 are taken for each motor. i wired as instructed, it work but not both track move on the turnout for different positions if that makes sense. the CS3 does not show the three way, show y turnout? any suggestions. here will post some pics.GssRHFM0QHS0eka3+I7KLw.jpg8PhZmElKSayIOnrwE8VvMw.jpgCOVXgJuESDCvTeV%o76UgA.jpg

Address 27 is reference to the three way turnout show wired
Offline rhfil  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2019 15:09:54(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I have decoders in my Y turnout so I do not need to use the M83 or M84 in my case but I would suggest that you need two addresses for the Y, one for the left turnout and one for the right.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2019 18:23:28(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi

In my opinion your problem is coming from the Y Switch declaration. Doing so, the CS3 expect to drive only one solenoid.
Only by selecting a 3-way switch, will the CS3 drive in sequence both motors to reach the proper position. So you need to change the W 27 switch type in your CS3
Cheers
Jean
PS Sorry I cannot be more precise because I operate a CS2
Offline torle  
#4 Posted : 31 October 2019 19:22:44(UTC)
torle

United States   
springboard,
On your picture of the M83 I see that you have labelled the 2 rightmost ports as 27. I assume that was a misprint because m83's, like the old K83's, only hand out 4 sequential addresses from the beginning address, in this case 25. So the last address will be 28 and cannot be changed.

If you need 27 as the address for your Y switch you need to set the M83 dip switches to address 25 (switches 1,2 & 3 set to ON)
Since the Y switch has 2 solenoids you will have to plug in one set to port 27 and the other to 28.
The CS2 or CS3 may combine the commands and issue the appropriate cammands to the respective ports.

See manual page 15 under "Setting the Address with the Switches"
and page 19 for m83 dip switch settings.

-=tom=-
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by torle
Offline Minok  
#5 Posted : 31 October 2019 20:44:48(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
So you need to change the W 27 switch type in your CS3

That makes sense to me as well, but if you look at the picture he posted, a 3-way isn't an option for the type.
So what change needs to be made to get the 3-way to show up as a choice. Is there a way to 'bundle' the 27/28 addresses?

UserPostedImage

The CS3 can autodetect an mfx 3-way built in decoder, and knows the type (see video on doing so:
)
Capture.PNG

So the CS3 does know about the existance of 3-way turnouts, but something must be done to let the CS3 know that address 27 is the start of a 3-way; and what that is isn't clear from the turnout setup screen.

The general CS3/M83/Turnouts video : talks to the general case but doesn't show the pulldown to reveal the choice of turnouts, where I'd hope a 3-way was a choice.

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline springboard  
#6 Posted : 31 October 2019 20:56:13(UTC)
springboard

American Samoa   
thanks everyone, Ray Sinclair from Marklin had to do a few things with the Cvc's along with adjusting recognizing MFX accessories under edit screen, delete few items re install, my wiring was correct. the motor on one solenoid was bad. thanks for all you input