Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GaryTrooper  
#1 Posted : 22 September 2019 20:08:25(UTC)
GaryTrooper

United States   
I was gifted the three car 34780 ICE 3 Delta set some time ago. Recently I was able to obtain some of the intermediate cars to expand the train length. I have been running the trains in analog since I pulled them out of their two plus decades old storage boxes, which was about two years ago now. One of the intermediate cars is the 43747 with sound. The manual states that the 43747 f3 and fr4 sounds will work with the 37780 ICE 3 digital set. I have the coding switches on the 6021 set with 1,3,4 off and 2 on as stated in 43747 manual and the sound potentiometer is turned all the way up. The digital decoder in the 43747 sound car is set to adress 06, which is the same adress as Delta locomotive (restaurant car). I am not hearing any sounds when I press the function buttons. The trian is operating properly in Delta mode with the 6021 control unit. My questions are:

1. Does the 43747 sound car only work with the 37780 digital ICE 3 set and not with the 34780 Delta set?
2. Could the 43747 sound car be defective, which was bought used on Ebay before I even knew it had sound capabilities.
3. Could I just have something set incorrectly?

This is my first real experiment with digital. I have no plans for upgrading the many many locomotives to digital anytime soon. I have about 3 digital and 5 Delta locomotives that I am playing with so no need to explain about all the cool new control possibilities that the MSx stuff has. I would like to just figure out what it is that I have now. Things may change in the future.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Gary
G - LGB
O - Lionel and MTH
HO - Marklin
N - Mix of manufacturers mostly Kato
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 22 September 2019 21:26:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hmmm, try setting the address for the 43747 to a different address.

I don't have the 43747 sound car, and I converted my 34780 Delta set to full digital using a Loksound 4 decoder, so can't really comment on your issue. Maybe someone who has the sound car can.
Offline GaryTrooper  
#3 Posted : 22 September 2019 23:52:44(UTC)
GaryTrooper

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Hmmm, try setting the address for the 43747 to a different address.

I don't have the 43747 sound car, and I converted my 34780 Delta set to full digital using a Loksound 4 decoder, so can't really comment on your issue. Maybe someone who has the sound car can.

Thanks, if I do end up diverting layout construction funds to digital conversions I will at least know what decoder to get. Do you have the loksound digital module and the 43747 on the same adress? Are you still using the 6021 unit?

Thanks,
G - LGB
O - Lionel and MTH
HO - Marklin
N - Mix of manufacturers mostly Kato
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 23 September 2019 12:34:23(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: GaryTrooper Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, if I do end up diverting layout construction funds to digital conversions I will at least know what decoder to get.

There's more to converting 34780 to digital than just putting a new decoder into it.

Here's how the conversion is done:

https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...-ICE3-digital-conversion

Originally Posted by: GaryTrooper Go to Quoted Post
Do you have the loksound digital module and the 43747 on the same adress?

As already stated, I don't have the 43747 sound car. The Loksound 4 decoders have mfx, I'm using my 34780 with a CS2, although I still have a 6021.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 23 September 2019 15:28:16(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I suspect the sound car may be of a vintage where it uses the auxillary device addressing like the 4998 and 4999 coaches, the coaches in the King Whilhelm set and the 49960 measurement car. Hence it is not in the loco decoder address space.

Using a 6021 will probably drive the sounds if set to send both MM1 and MM2 messages when the sound car is set to the same address as the main ICE decoder. I am not sure what the switch combination on the 6021 is to achieve this.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan