Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 18 September 2019 04:53:13(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Kind of in a time crunch, Not sure what all it needs and little to no funds. Does anybody want to or have the stuff to put a basic older Marklin decoder into a 3060 Santa Fe F7? Still has its original drive, I believe its a SFCM motor. I do have a ESU perminant magnet that turns the 3 pole motor into a DC motor for a decoder to control and I can isolate the brushes from ground. I use an old Unlenbrock Intellabox for digital control, so one of the older decoders is fine if you have upgraded to MFX, which I dont need. I would like to have them able to run at the Autism Speaks walk in 2 weeks, right now I just have my near free DB 160-029 diesel from a starter set that a local shop sold me dirt cheap. I put this post here as it seems to be the best gathering of those in the digital side of the M world. Thanks in advance. Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 18 September 2019 16:47:50(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
given your location, your quickest option may be to contact Reynaulds in IL. You can also check with Brenda at Marklin USA to see if they can simoply install one of the conversion kits for you. my last suggestion would be to contact Scott at Helmutshobbies.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mvd71  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2019 21:51:21(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi Mike,

Have you considered doing the conversion yourself? If you can solder well and have a fine tipped soldering iron, you could do that?

Also, what level of digital are you looking for? If you simply want it to run in digital, then you may be able to use an old delta decoder with the existing motor. They can usually be found quite cheaply these days.

Cheers....

Mike