Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2019 06:01:42(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
There are wonderful people out there who helped me by answering queries on Facebook. Additionally Youtube videos and digital conversion blogs in marklin-users.net helped a lot as I was shit scary in handling this 45 USD decoder
This is what I did:
- remove the analog locomotive's electro mechanical reversal unit
- Carefully desolder the 3 wires coming out of the motor
- Screw (it is a nut:)) the decoder plastic case to the reversal unit
- Slide in the decoder with all the wires intact
- Check if the loco is with a headlight\bulb that has one wire grounded to chasis\loco body or it is a bulb with two wires
- Refer to the wiring diagram given in the instruction manual and cut out the extra wires.
- In my case as I was not using the telex and smoke functionalities, I kept ~8cm of these wires, cut the excess wire, insulated the ends and coiled them to save some space
- Now is the time to slide in the heat shrink tubes. I managed with insulation tape
- Solder the wires as per the wiring diagram.
- Inside electric locos, you would see a small switch with electric contacts that let you to switch power either from from pantographs or pickup shoe. Please keep this connection intact for future use
- The brown wire from the decoder needs to be soldered to the chassis. As per one of the suggestions received on our FB group, I made a small wire loop and screwed it tightly to the motor housing:) But there are elegant ways of doing this
- Keep the locomotive on the track and switch on the power supply
- If the locomotive gets recognized as mLD FSM on MS2 you just did it!
- Wait, check if the headlight is in sync with the direction of travel. If it is not, as the experts suggested, swap the yellow and grey wires
- After ensuring that all the functions work, fix the locomotive body back in place
- As highlighted by Marklin already, the low speed unregulated behavior of the motor still exits
- The headlights flicker post conversion, but are manageable
68542634_10157454254974254_934469791370969088_n.jpg68720194_10157454255009254_5069932898329559040_n (2).jpg
Here is video of loco in action:

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71