Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tiono  
#1 Posted : 05 June 2019 16:46:51(UTC)
tiono

United States   
Last month I purchased a brand new BR 75 for just 81 euro (inclusive of German VAT), the AC-digital version, made by Liliput.
Liliput released this model in 2013 with MSRP of 288 euro, the street price was around 200 euro then. A few years later they discountinued this model, and street price drop to around 150 euro. Today, some shops still have the stock, and willing to give further discount.
I never owned a Liliput locomotive before, and did not intend to have. But when I came across a shop who willing to sell at 81 euro, well... why not.
This locomotive is made in China, but very good quality, and impressive details at this price point. The boiler and chassis are metal, with plastic cab.
The decoder is LokPilot V3.0, an excellent decoder, driving a 5-pole motor with flywheel, its slow-speed performance is excellent. I tested the locomotive at various speed on R1 curve without problem with toolbox removed. (according to the user manual, the toolbox below coal-container must be removed, to prevent derailment on R1 curve).
The letter printing is also very good, crisp, and readable to the smallest words.

You can call me cheapskate, but I love great quality at low price. This may not come often. Marklin #36244 is one of those "great quality at low price" items.

thanks 14 users liked this useful post by tiono
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 05 June 2019 23:01:11(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Tiono,

Thanks for the review, and the excellent photos.
I have the same engine and also did a review last September.
I will have to check, but I think mine came without the rear toolbox fitted.
I also removed the air-tank under the coal bunker to prevent derailment on R1.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 30 August 2019 00:38:21(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, just bought it from a MU offer, fitted with a Loksound 5, will report when it arrives.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Jabez  
#4 Posted : 30 August 2019 01:32:52(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hi, just bought it from a MU offer, fitted with a Loksound 5/quote]
Me too today before I had seen this thread. Price ain't everything but E220 for a digital loco with sound is persuasive and Tiono's review is encouraging.
Jabez
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jabez
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 30 August 2019 01:56:20(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Indeed.....LOL LOL LOL
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL