Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jerdenberg  
#1 Posted : 10 August 2019 13:51:05(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
Today, I paid a visit to my "local" dealer – where local means "in the region" really.

I traveled by train from Den Helder (where I live) to Heerhugowaard. Somewhere between Anna Paulowna and Schagen I activated the "other outdoor" mode of my sports watch to record our travelling speed. In the graph below, the first dip is the stop at Schagen, and the second my arrival at Heerhugowaard. Not bad, that speed … [click pics for originals]

Speed curve

The Huider shop has its name from the owner, who has made his hobby into his profession. On the second floor of the shop, which moved to this location from elsewhere in Heerhugowaard not very long ago, work is in progress on a big layout that is emerging from the dismantled layout at the previous location. I went to the shop today because the layout is open to viewers on the second Saturday of the month, and I wanted to have a look, along with submitting my voucher for the new catalog:

Huider layout

The shop is very close to the tracks of the 1:1 version:

Huider layout

As a bonus to my visit, when I submitted the catalog voucher the lady accepting it asked if I had ordered the 2019 insider car too, and when I answered yes, she handed me one:

2019 insider car

Jeroen
Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
thanks 17 users liked this useful post by jerdenberg