Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kriiis  
#1 Posted : 24 July 2019 14:38:37(UTC)
kriiis

Poland   
Hi everybody.

I am fairly new to Marklin train world.
I have v60 Marklin 3665 loco with Telex couplers. I bought it second hand and it seems barely used. Altough i couldn't make it to run.
Im using Marklin C-tracks and I got two trafos: Marklin analog 6647 and digital Mobile Station 2 60657.
I got some questions:
- can this loco run in analog mode? If yes i assume that all the dip switches must be turned off?
- can this loco run in digital mode with my mobile station 2? If yes how should I preset dip switches?

When i put loco on tracks - with analog trafo - the ligths are on but the loco doesn't move at all. When i try to change direction with trafo the lights shine very bright for a friction of second and that's it. No movement.

What do You guys think?
Offline amartinezv  
#2 Posted : 24 July 2019 18:25:34(UTC)
amartinezv

Spain   
Hello

Yeah, that locomotive can run on analog. If it's going to work in analog it's a good idea to set all dip switches to off. So you say the behavior of the gear change is normal in analog, if you move the red control of the trafo should work, does not, try to push a little with your hand, and check that the wheels can rotate, it is possible that the engine has stuck for lack of use, you can also open it to see if there is any loose cable.

This locomotive in the database of marklin figure with the address 10, (although it can put the one that you want), to this address correspond the dip switches 2,3,6,7 to on, and the rest 0,1,4,5,8 to off. You should look for this locomotive 3665 in the MS database and check that it works, if not, try editing that locomotive in the MS.
I hope I have helped you, otherwise ask again.
Greetings
Antonio Martínez
marklin, IB, era 3, Train controller
www.raildigital.es/davidruso