Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline LenV  
#1 Posted : 09 May 2019 13:44:06(UTC)
LenV

United Kingdom   
HI everyone. I am new to this forum, so I hope this question is in the correct section. I have a Trix railcar 420 serial number TRIX22654, which I got from Modellbahn lippe (MSL) last year. I only had it a few weeks and it suddenly came to a stop. I returned it to MSL and they in turn sent it to Trix for repair. I received it back this year after about 3 months with Trix. Sadly I did not have chance to run the railcar until a few days ago due to ill health. It ran terribly in one direction only. It was jerking all the time. I checked the contacts and all seemed well. I contacted MSL again about a week ago and have not yet received a reply. When I put pressure on one of the end coaches it seems to run until pressure is removed. Can someone please tell me if the railcar runs each direction using both end railcars which have the pick ups or is only one car used in turn for either direction. Many thanks Len
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 09 May 2019 17:25:22(UTC)
Goofy

I think there is two possible faults...
The first check after if there is broken detail in the cardan shift. (see also in the manual page 39)
The second if there is default with the terminal contact between railway cars.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline dickinsonj  
#3 Posted : 09 May 2019 19:39:05(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
MSL is a good dealer and assuming that your railcar is still under warranty you should just return it to them and let Trix make another attempt at fixing it IMO. Start by contacting MSL and see what they advise but you should not need to fix items that are still covered by the basic Märklin two year warranty.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 09 May 2019 19:47:02(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
MSL is a good dealer and assuming that your railcar is still under warranty you should just return it to them and let Trix make another attempt at fixing it IMO. Start by contacting MSL and see what they advise but you should not need to fix items that are still covered by the basic Märklin two year warranty.

If it is an MHI item then it will have a 5 year warranty.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline LenV  
#5 Posted : 10 May 2019 16:59:59(UTC)
LenV

United Kingdom   
Thank you everyone for your prompt replies. I have sent 2 messages to MSL and so far I have not received any replies except for the usual one confirming they have received the postings. This is not like MSL, so I will give them another few days then have another go. Regards Len
Offline LenV  
#6 Posted : 18 June 2019 15:02:39(UTC)
LenV

United Kingdom   
I have just today received the railcar from MSL. It is a completely new one, so I am satisfied. In total the time that was taken from sending this to MSL and receiving the new one today was just over 4 weeks. So considering MSL had to forward the item to Trix and for them to send a replacement, I think that was very good. Does anyone know what decoder would be in this railcar. It just same MFX on the info. Regards to you all. Len
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 18 June 2019 15:08:37(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: LenV Go to Quoted Post
I have just today received the railcar from MSL. It is a completely new one, so I am satisfied. In total the time that was taken from sending this to MSL and receiving the new one today was just over 4 weeks. So considering MSL had to forward the item to Trix and for them to send a replacement, I think that was very good. Does anyone know what decoder would be in this railcar. It just same MFX on the info. Regards to you all. Len

I believe you will find it will be the current msD/3 if it is a sound decoder. If you use a program like JMRI to access the CVs for adjusting then it identifies the manufacturer as Trix. The msD and msD/3 decoders have definitions in JMRI, but I haven't had occasion to use them yet, so don't know how good they are, although the person who entered them did it from the marklin documentation.

Offline LenV  
#8 Posted : 18 June 2019 17:35:49(UTC)
LenV

United Kingdom   
Thanks Alan. Will check it out. Len
Offline LenV  
#9 Posted : 05 August 2019 18:55:32(UTC)
LenV

United Kingdom   
Hi everyone. Since receiving the railcar from Trix via MSL I have been away on holiday then had trouble with my eyesight, so I only now been able to give it a good looking at. I was under the impression that it had been replaced with a brand new model but this does not seem to be the case. Trix had returned it with no explanation as to the problem or the repair carried out. I have put it on the track and it runs terribly. It stops and starts in all sorts of places around my layout. When it stops and I apply a little pressure to either one of the end coaches it then moves a little. None of my other trains ( ESU and Roco ) have any problems running on my layout. Can anyone please give me any idea what can be wrong with this railcar and how I could fix it. I would really like to put a LokSound decoder in this train but I am not sure how well it will work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards Len