Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline John Ferguson  
#1 Posted : 28 March 2019 13:29:50(UTC)
John Ferguson

United Kingdom   
The help screens in German offer more information than those in English.

Can anyone suggest how using Google translate I could convert them to English text?

I can view the help screens using VNC but have not found anyway to translate them.

You can also take a screen copy of the help files as an image. But I have not been able to extract the text.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

JOHN
Offline Markus Schild  
#2 Posted : 28 March 2019 15:15:21(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi John,

Do you have a smartphone? Google translator which comes with Android can take pictures with the camera and translate the text photographed.

Regards

Markus
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline fstrobel  
#3 Posted : 28 March 2019 15:17:32(UTC)
fstrobel

United States   
Originally Posted by: John Ferguson Go to Quoted Post

Can anyone suggest how using Google translate I could convert them to English text?

I can view the help screens using VNC but have not found anyway to translate them.

You can also take a screen copy of the help files as an image. But I have not been able to extract the text.

JOHN

If you have an Android or iPhone, you can use Google's image search to translate text on the picture you have taken. So, basically, take a picture of the help screen with your mobile phone and then have Google translate the text on that image.

Google Image Translate

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by fstrobel
Offline mbarreto  
#4 Posted : 28 March 2019 15:32:12(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

The help text in German language is for experts. In other languages is for normal users operating machines of the future!

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Minok  
#5 Posted : 28 March 2019 21:01:05(UTC)
Minok

United States   
As others have said, Google Translate (used to be WordLens) offers instant translation though what it sees in the camera to, to english (if you download the language pack to the app). If the text was in a full web page where you are viewing it with a web browser, there are likely translation plug-in(extension) solutions that will auto-translate text on a web page to english.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline mbarreto  
#6 Posted : 28 March 2019 22:32:51(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Don't get me wrong. I have the CS3+ and I like it a lot and would buy it again.
I just think there is no need to have these issues. Sometimes I smile about them, sometimes I really don't understand.
I am not expecting to live with an additional "lense" between me and the world. I said additional because I use glasses BigGrin .

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline TEEWolf  
#7 Posted : 29 March 2019 02:57:03(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: John Ferguson Go to Quoted Post

JOHN

Why don't you show us the picture? I think here are enough Germans who will translate it for you.

Perhaps we can open a specific thread only for such help translations for a CS 3. Similar what was done for the CS 3 manual as long as the manual was only available in German.
Offline John Ferguson  
#8 Posted : 29 March 2019 08:23:23(UTC)
John Ferguson

United Kingdom   
Thanks to everyone who helped with this problem.

I followed the advice and installed Google translate on my Android phone and it worked very well.

Amazing that this is possible. I can now translate the German help screens into English text.

John
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by John Ferguson
Offline siroljuk  
#9 Posted : 29 March 2019 10:57:58(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyone BigGrin BigGrin

I do lots of translations using Google-translator or other same kind of web-services.
Here is one example: Output characteristics of the accessory decoder.pdf (294kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

It was very easy:
Just connect to CS3 using it's IP-address, then choose CS3 language to German and choose help
and open the help-icon which you want to translate. after Germat text is visible just klick right mouse button and choose translate( I use chrome, but I think in most browsers is translate ).

The I did copy and paste all text to Word and saved it to .PDF format.

Result of translation is not very good English but I am sure you can read and understandBlushing Blushing

Regards

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline TEEWolf  
#10 Posted : 30 March 2019 02:40:51(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone BigGrin BigGrin

I do lots of translations using Google-translator or other same kind of web-services.
Here is one example: Output characteristics of the accessory decoder.pdf (294kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

It was very easy:
Just connect to CS3 using it's IP-address, then choose CS3 language to German and choose help
and open the help-icon which you want to translate. after Germat text is visible just klick right mouse button and choose translate( I use chrome, but I think in most browsers is translate ).

The I did copy and paste all text to Word and saved it to .PDF format.

Result of translation is not very good English but I am sure you can read and understandBlushing Blushing

Regards

Jukka

Amazing - why cannot Märklin do it for all its customer?
Or do a consultancy to Märklin and send them an invoice.Laugh
Offline siroljuk  
#11 Posted : 30 March 2019 07:31:20(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Amazing - why cannot Märklin do it for all its customer?

If you translate and make document with this way it is not very good English... and it is manual work so why botherLOL LOL

If you get German text right to clip-board and use deep-translator then you have to be careful and make all German lines as log as possible and le translator to make line brakes then translation will be sensible other vice translator don't make readable ext for you.
I made CS3-workbook translation with deep-translator and it really took time to do so. Result was quite good for myself but not so good to be published. ( and of course there is copyrights too)

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline John Ferguson  
#12 Posted : 31 March 2019 10:09:10(UTC)
John Ferguson

United Kingdom   
I now realise that the help screens are available via the web interface so that Google can translate them to English using the Google Chrome browser.

Thank you for pointing this out and apologies for wasting people’s time to some extent.

John
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by John Ferguson