Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#1 Posted : 15 March 2019 01:54:25(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hi Marklin Friends,

As we know, starting in 1936/37 Marklin began producing export models for Britain such as LMS and LNER coaches, locomotives, special signals, etc. designed after the liveries of British trains. However, production for the British market was cut short due to WWII. As such, Marklin only produced a limited number of items for the British market in 00 for a few years. What would have happened if production had continued? There could have been stations and more locos specifically for the British market (not just a livery change) such as the E800LMS. Well I had this idea too and am planning to build a British station for 00 in Marklin style. If Marklin had done this, it probably would have been in 1939 or 1940. After all, the E 800 LMS locomotive was made in 1938 and so if more locomotives were produced, a station must come next!

In 00 there were only a few stations whereas in the Large Gauges there were many dozens (maybe a hundred?). Here is my design for an 00 station, modeled using a 3D modeling software. Some may notice it resembles the Churchbury Station which was produced in Gauge 1 by Marklin.

BrisihStation1.png

BrisihStation2.png

I hope you enjoy my design. I plan to make this station out of tinplate and hand-paint it, just like the original.

Best wishes,

Paul
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by CCS800KrokHunter3
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 16 March 2019 08:52:27(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Paul,

That looks like a worthwhile project.
I wonder if the platform canopy would be lower.
It normally is just higher than the engine and rolling stock. Otherwise the platform is too exposed to the weather when a train is in the station.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Pmare4  
#3 Posted : 16 March 2019 10:02:54(UTC)
Pmare4

Australia   
Hi Paul,

An excellent design, but, as Kimball says, it could do with the platform canopy, and probably also the whole building, being lowered somewhat.

Perhaps you could take the Hornby O Gauge No.4 station as a guide for any changes? I have one which I could measure if necessary.

Best regards
Peter
Peter
Collecting vintage Märklin from 1935-1970, also Hornby O Gauge
#4 Posted : 17 March 2019 02:20:21(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hi,

thanks for the comments, I will have to make some adjustments. I agree!

00 scale is rather difficult, I see stations like 418 and 416 and it seems the scale is both very different. But I'm not sure what building the 416 station is based off of and if it's realistic or not.

Paul
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by CCS800KrokHunter3
#5 Posted : 19 March 2019 02:34:11(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hi friends,

I have a new update to share. With the whole building height lowered and the overhang more proportional. I added some "figures" at about the height of Marklin figures for scale. The height of the loco is roughly correct in scale too, but the height of the loco is the entire box, not just the image of the loco.

00marklin_bahnhof.png

Paul
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by CCS800KrokHunter3