Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bob24  
#1 Posted : 09 March 2019 07:53:36(UTC)
Bob24

United States   
Hello,
This is my first post on the forum. I am looking for the wiring plan to the Noch Cortina layout. I used an English version of the Noch 59880 Gleisplan (track plan) and followed it exactly, but it has no wiring instructions. The track plan in German is at Noch.com with the Cortina Layout. The track plan includes two 8939 signals, an 8589 and an 8529 circuit track, two 8588 isolation tracks, three 8945 relays, several isolating rail joiners, an 8992 crossing gate and much more. I've done some simple wiring in the past, but nothing this involved. I'm not to sure what controls what. I believe the 8939 signals paired with the 8945 relays will stop and start the trains. If a wiring plan for this track plan exists it would simplify things greatly.
Thanks, Bob

Offline Bob24  
#2 Posted : 11 March 2019 01:31:43(UTC)
Bob24

United States   
This is the track plan I followed. It is on the Noch website. How to wire the signals and isolation track is my biggest roadblock. I'm not even sure there are enough signals and circuit tracks to control two trains on the inner loop. I believe the two circuit tracks shown on the inner loop control the 8992 crossing gate. I also have a copy of the track plan in English which I got from a Marklin dealer, Z Scale Hobo. I haven't put down roadbed or ballast so I can still make changes. If I get any info on wiring I'll pass it along. Guide to Z Scale has a lot of the basics.20190309_185149.jpg
Offline veloboldie  
#3 Posted : 19 April 2019 01:59:44(UTC)
veloboldie

United States   
Bob, follow the link to Spanish Mini-Club that has Marklin's Track Layout book that discusses signal and track wiring in English. The book is split into five PDF scanned documents. Here is a link: http://www.marklin-spain.com/marklin/mini-club. BTW, I am also building NOCH Cortina from scratch and was able to wire the track and crossing gates, but struggling with signals. Also found Cortina layout with three train operation
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by veloboldie
Offline Bob24  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2019 17:03:05(UTC)
Bob24

United States   
Thanks for the link which I need to examine more closely. It should be helpful in setting up the wiring for the crossing gate. There is also info on how to wire centenary which I intend to add to the Cortina outer loop.
In the track plan above there are two 8939 signals, two 8588 isolation tracks, two 8954 single-sided isolating rail joiners and two 89845 universal relays which I believe are there for three train operation, two on the inner loop. The crossing gate would use the third 8945 universal relay and the only two circuit tracks 8529 and 8589 on the plan. Understanding the functions and wiring of the 8945 universal relays and specifically how they control the 8939 signals for stopping and starting of the trains is next.