Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mgbeck_98  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2019 08:43:32(UTC)
mgbeck_98

United States   
I have some marklin cars with containers on them and the containers just pop off. I bought some walthers 40 foot containers hoping that they would just pop into the holes to be able to run with different company containers. No such luck... It's an almost, but no cigar situation. has anyone found any 3rd party containers that fit the Marklin container flatcars?

Thanks.
Offline mmervine  
#2 Posted : 10 March 2019 12:23:28(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
The newest runs (w/blue labels) of the Walthers 40' containers will fit perfectly on Marklin cars. If you bought some of the 'older' ones, the pins are oblong and will need to be filed slightly.

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmervine
ONR
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 10 March 2019 17:46:54(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The easiest solution that I have found to use non-Maerklin containers on my assorted Maerklin container cars is to buy the Herpa 084192 Adapter Piece Set. This set includes a number of plastic pieces with pins on the top and bottom, which can be placed on the Maerklin car and you can then use Herpa or other 20 foot containers that have sockets on the underside. There is no absolute standard, so it is possible that individual containers may not exactly fit.
I have had the best results with containers from Herpa. Those come either from Herpa or from other companies that had containers manufactured by Herpa. For example, the latest Kombimodell containers were made by Herpa. Some of the swap bodies and containers have pins, others have sockets.
I was able to use a Fleischmann 40 foot container on a Maerklin car (47070) by using a pair of the 084192 adapters. The Fleischmann containers have multiple sockets on the underside due to the design of the pin system on their Sgns container cars, which are the same as two 20 foot containers placed alongside each other.

Some modellers have installed metal pins into the sockets on the underside of containers to be able to mount them on cars with sockets. I know of at least one modeller who used pieces of toothpicks to do the same.

I have not tried the newest Faller containers or recent Walthers models. I did have a 20 foot Walthers MSC container that did not fit my 4744X type Hupac cars.
Hag had a product called Autofix that could be used to stick vehicles to their BLS car carriers, which could also probably be used to secure containers.

Sadly, Herpa has not released a 40 foot version of this adapter, which would be a great help to modellers.

Regards

Mike C
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 10 March 2019 19:45:04(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
The easiest solution that I have found to use non-Maerklin containers on my assorted Maerklin container cars is to buy the Herpa 084192 Adapter Piece Set. This set includes a number of plastic pieces with pins on the top and bottom, which can be placed on the Maerklin car and you can then use Herpa or other 20 foot containers that have sockets on the underside. There is no absolute standard, so it is possible that individual containers may not exactly fit.
I have had the best results with containers from Herpa. Those come either from Herpa or from other companies that had containers manufactured by Herpa. For example, the latest Kombimodell containers were made by Herpa. Some of the swap bodies and containers have pins, others have sockets.
I was able to use a Fleischmann 40 foot container on a Maerklin car (47070) by using a pair of the 084192 adapters. The Fleischmann containers have multiple sockets on the underside due to the design of the pin system on their Sgns container cars, which are the same as two 20 foot containers placed alongside each other.

Some modellers have installed metal pins into the sockets on the underside of containers to be able to mount them on cars with sockets. I know of at least one modeller who used pieces of toothpicks to do the same.

I have not tried the newest Faller containers or recent Walthers models. I did have a 20 foot Walthers MSC container that did not fit my 4744X type Hupac cars.
Hag had a product called Autofix that could be used to stick vehicles to their BLS car carriers, which could also probably be used to secure containers.

Sadly, Herpa has not released a 40 foot version of this adapter, which would be a great help to modellers.

Regards

Mike C

Which recommendation do you have, if the little plastic pin at the container is broken?
Offline mario54i  
#5 Posted : 10 March 2019 19:59:00(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
UHU patafix
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 10 March 2019 20:02:19(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: mario54i Go to Quoted Post
UHU patafix

the pins are to tiny at the container.
Offline dominator